American Prospect Update Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Just saw projected lines for tonight's game on NTDP Twitter and some of the heights/weights have changed from last week. Hughes now 5'10", Caufield 5'7", turcotte 5'11", etc. New measurements also on the NTDP site.
hmmmmmmm........this is interesting, so what the hell were the prior weights/heights??? all fluff?

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Just saw projected lines for tonight's game on NTDP Twitter and some of the heights/weights have changed from last week. Hughes now 5'10", Caufield 5'7", turcotte 5'11", etc. New measurements also on the NTDP site.

This is so USAH it's perfect. How incompetent do you have to be to get this wrong?

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
8 Americans in Bob's top 20 ranking. Turcotte will rise up these lists, and this is 8 in just the top 20, USAH could be looking at 10+? kids picked in the 1st round alone.

1: Jack Hughes

2: Dylan Cozens
3: Kaapo Kaako
4: Vasili Podkolzin
5: Kirby Dach
6: Bowen Byram
7: Phillip Broberg
8: Raphael Lavoie
9: Peyton Krebs
10: Ryan Suzuki
11: Matthew Robertson
12: Alex Turcotte
13: Cam York

14: Alex Newhook
15: Matthew Boldy
16: Arthur Kaliyev

17: Matvei Guskov
18: Cole Caufield
19: Trevor Zegras
20: Alex Vlasic

https://www.tsn.ca/hughes-leads-the-pack-in-tsn-hockey-s-pre-season-draft-ranking-1.1172382

canucks4ever

Mar 4, 2008
Are there any prospects playing in Atlantic Hockey or WCHA. I notice those 2 divisions in NCAA dont produce the same amount of talent compared to Big 10, NCHC, or Hockey East.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
oh wow, i must have missed it when it happened. Denver rescinding its commitment to Smilanic is very surprising. I wonder how that unfolded and why.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I bet Smilanic is headed to Regina next season after a year with the USNTDP. He supposedly had a great time at prospect camp with the Pats and may have communicated his intentions to DU and they probably decided to cut bait to pursue other possible commits. Regina has been very bullish about signing him since he was drafted. No other practical reason I can think of for a powerhouse team like DU to rescind an offer for a rising talent like Smilanic who is a hometown (Denver) kid.

Reactions: JiggsNY

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Matt Boldy has started the season like a guy that deserves to go top 10. Not saying that will happen (long season and it's a deep, high-end draft), but he's been fantastic thus far. The best player on the U18s to start the year. He's got great size at 6'2 (adding 2 inches since last year is big), but I hope folks are starting to notice how talented he actually is since he hasn't been playing on the Hughes line this year. They're not similar players, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's under-appreciated, and underrated, like Matt Tkachuk was going into the draft and for similar reasons.

Jack Hughes and Spencer Knight were also outstanding today against Notre Dame.

kroypuck

Mar 23, 2018
Matt Boldy has started the season like a guy that deserves to go top 10. Not saying that will happen (long season and it's a deep, high-end draft), but he's been fantastic thus far. The best player on the U18s to start the year. He's got great size at 6'2 (adding 2 inches since last year is big), but I hope folks are starting to notice how talented he actually is since he hasn't been playing on the Hughes line this year. They're not similar players, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's under-appreciated, and underrated, like Matt Tkachuk was going into the draft and for similar reasons.

Jack Hughes and Spencer Knight were also outstanding today against Notre Dame.

York and Vlasic have been great on the backend as well. They looked incredible against Notre Dame in the 2nd and 3rd period. Probably the best I've ever seen them play as a whole.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I watched the 17’s NTDP team play for the first time this season. The game against a Minnesota all star team with all kinds of good prospects like Donovan, Koster, Middle Mittelstadt is archived. Link is on the NTDP twitter account.

This crop doesn’t seem to be anywhere near what last years crop was. Still some good players.

Kleven is a beast. I don’t know about his draft range, but his game reminds me a lot of Mattias Samuelsson. Bordeleau is the player on this team who rountiely takes over shifts in the o-zone. Smilanic is good all around. Nothing dynamic. Peterson is dynamic, but needs to show more than flashes. I also liked Tuch and Slaggert among the forwards. On defense, Faber looks like he has decent potential. Truscott and Powell looked solid.

Could we get 3-4 firsts out of this team? The 18’s will probably have double that number of firsts. The best American 2020 draft eligibles might not be on this team. The way I see it, that’s probably as of now Rolston and Stranges. Kleven should go high, but I don’t see that happening. Bordeleau and Peterson have high pick potential, as well.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
He is less than a yr old and already he is Turing heads at Chicago Blackhawks practices ....terrific at blocking shots and on deflection for goals for...today he scored a beauty deflection on a tip from 20 feet out from a Seabrook shot ...puck changed direction and beat Anton Forster. ..of course I am talking about one of the 2 Mannequins the Blackhawks are using at practices. ..just camenoutbofvthe factory a few months ago and already turning heads of the Hawks brass with their impressive performances at practice .. Saad costing $6.0 million could be scratched for the game against the Yotes t omortow night ..but the Mannequins are threatening to end their PTO trials and earn a roster spot for their great defensive and now offensive performance at practice
..Q was even over-hears telling the media that the Mannequins are :world class" talents ...Stan Bowman needs to sign them pro to before other teams jump in to grab them ..But as I said they are less than 1 yrvold ..
SO I GUESS THIS MEANS THEY CANNOT BE SIGNED till the draft of 2036...or 2037 if their factory production date came after Sept.15th of 2018....

Pity!

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I am sorry everyone "Fiddy" as he is known escaped from the Blackhawks forum and somehow found this forum and thread. On behalf of the Blackhawks organization, its fans and fellow Hawks poster on HF, we sincerely apologize for his post as it does not speak for the rest of us or our core values and beliefs.

We understand your concern and have addressed the issue. Thank you

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Can anyone tell more about Caden Brown and Chase Stillman? It looks like both are going to NCAA. Both are 03 so they would be NTDP eligible for next season. So the question is whether they are even close to that level.

Reactions: Dux917

Firecracker

Jul 3, 2015
Can anyone tell more about Caden Brown and Chase Stillman? It looks like both are going to NCAA. Both are 03 so they would be NTDP eligible for next season. So the question is whether they are even close to that level.
It's very doubtful that Chase Stillman is going to the NCAA his dad is the coach of the Sudbury Wolves so it'd be shocking if he went to the NCAA. Its more than likely that his commitment is a bargaining chip to get drafted by the team he would like. To answer the question though they both have a ways to go before they are ready for college level but it is likely that they will be able to reach that potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad