Am I wrong for wanting Flippula back?

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Yes. I don't want Flip anywhere near this team. He had his career year and has nowhere to go but down.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I defended him and supported him forever, but even I don't want him back. Sorry Val loooks like we're breaking up :(

Think he has a lot of talent and I hope it works out for him wherever he goes.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
I defended him and supported him forever, but even I don't want him back. Sorry Val loooks like we're breaking up :(

Think he has a lot of talent and I hope it works out for him wherever he goes.

:laugh: You know what? I think it will work out for the best for both of you crazy kids. I know it's tough right now, but the pain subsides over time.

I think Rob in Swingers said it best to Mikey: "Sometimes it still hurts. You know how it is, man. It's like, you wake up every day and it hurts a little bit less, and then you wake up one day and it doesn't hurt at all. And the funny thing is, is that, this is kinda weird, but it's like, it's like you almost miss that pain."

There are certainly teams that will fixate on Flip's one really productive season, ignore his tendency to disappear for games or entire series, and one of them will give him around $5M per season. And Flip will be happy.

And you... well, you'll find another Euro winger in red and white to fall for soon enough, don't you worry about it! We'll have plenty to choose from, even some righties if that's your thing. Just pick one that doesn't glue himself along the boards to avoid the front of the net, 'cause that's just going to break your heart all over again. :D

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
:laugh: You know what? I think it will work out for the best for both of you crazy kids. I know it's tough right now, but the pain subsides over time.

I think Rob in Swingers said it best to Mikey: "Sometimes it still hurts. You know how it is, man. It's like, you wake up every day and it hurts a little bit less, and then you wake up one day and it doesn't hurt at all. And the funny thing is, is that, this is kinda weird, but it's like, it's like you almost miss that pain."

There are certainly teams that will fixate on Flip's one really productive season, ignore his tendency to disappear for games or entire series, and one of them will give him around $5M per season. And Flip will be happy.

And you... well, you'll find another Euro winger in red and white to fall for soon enough, don't you worry about it! We'll have plenty to choose from, even some righties if that's your thing. Just pick one that doesn't glue himself along the boards to avoid the front of the net, 'cause that's just going to break your heart all over again. :D

:laugh: Great post!

I think we already know who he picked, although he loves Nyquist his name is a dead giveaway, and Frk isn't bashful at all, he puts out... I mean plays the game hard and produces.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

I think we already know who he picked, although he loves Nyquist his name is a dead giveaway, and Frk isn't bashful at all, he puts out... I mean plays the game hard and produces.

You guys are funny, well done haha.

Actually, believe it or not, I really just like Frk's name and I think it's funny. He's not necessarily my favorite player or prospect.

Nyquist is the one I have my eye on ;) He's the one I have been campaigning for, for what seems like ever before he became a fixture with the Wings.

If we lose him then things might get ugly (Eva + Hudler) :laugh:

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids

Yeah, kinda seems like he's already got double duty going with Frk and Gus... oh, to be a fly on the wall when the 3 of them end up in the same bar/restaurant at the same time!

But I think I may have to call shenanigans on you as well, my friend. When I started posting, I think you had Tvrdon as your avatar (can't tell you why the hell I remember that either- I've probably forgotten my son's birthday to store that little nugget o' info all this time), you now drop Z in our username AND you're rocking Jurco these days in the avi.

You do realize that Jurco and Tvrdon are just kids... kids I tell you! Z's a vet and he's gotta be used to guys cycling through him in usernames and avatars, but the young guys just arrived on the scene. Just let 'em down easy TZE, that's all I ask. :)

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Yeah, kinda seems like he's already got double duty going with Frk and Gus... oh, to be a fly on the wall when the 3 of them end up in the same bar/restaurant at the same time!

But I think I may have to call shenanigans on you as well, my friend. When I started posting, I think you had Tvrdon as your avatar (can't tell you why the hell I remember that either- I've probably forgotten my son's birthday to store that little nugget o' info all this time), you now drop Z in our username AND you're rocking Jurco these days in the avi.

You do realize that Jurco and Tvrdon are just kids... kids I tell you! Z's a vet and he's gotta be used to guys cycling through him in usernames and avatars, but the young guys just arrived on the scene. Just let 'em down easy TZE, that's all I ask. :)

:laugh: See this is so much more fun than writing about pull up in the corner every time down the ice Filppula.

Oh my hankering for Tvrdon is stronger than ever, lost the avatar approved picture though and not really that into figuring out how to fix that. It was a sad day.

Don't think I will ever quit Tvrdon, if he doesn't make it here I will be posting on the KHL board about him. Got to start young, got a Lidstrom jersey during the preseason when he was a rookie as my Kocur jersey replacement. Granted Tvrdon is a little bigger chance but he and Jensen are my dark-horse guys I hope they come through.

Also as we all know, sometimes you got to put a couple different lines out there, plans don't always work out the first time.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
You guys are funny, well done haha.

Actually, believe it or not, I really just like Frk's name and I think it's funny. He's not necessarily my favorite player or prospect.

Nyquist is the one I have my eye on ;) He's the one I have been campaigning for, for what seems like ever before he became a fixture with the Wings.

If we lose him then things might get ugly (Eva + Hudler) :laugh:

I figured you went with Frk b/c of the name, and Frk It is kinda awesome. And it's something we'll all be saying when Cleary gets 3 years, a full NTC, the option to be a player-coach in year 2 of his contract, and an 11% ownership stake in the team in honor of his # which will be retired before the ink is dry on his new deal.

I respect you driving the Gus bus for a while now, and hey- dude got some decent run in the playoffs, so your hard work is paying off!! Keep up the good work, and I will now root for Gus to retire as a Wing to avoid a "Eva & Hudler: The Sequel" situation.

Personally, I want to see Almquist make the Wings just so I can start calling AA, or The Enforcer. I don't know much about his game, and from perusing the thread on him, he's far from an enforcer, but I really don't care. The more 4 Horsemen references we can work onto the roster, the better.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
:laugh: See this is so much more fun than writing about pull up in the corner every time down the ice Filppula.

Oh my hankering for Tvrdon is stronger than ever, lost the avatar approved picture though and not really that into figuring out how to fix that. It was a sad day.

Don't think I will ever quit Tvrdon, if he doesn't make it here I will be posting on the KHL board about him. Got to start young, got a Lidstrom jersey during the preseason when he was a rookie as my Kocur jersey replacement. Granted Tvrdon is a little bigger chance but he and Jensen are my dark-horse guys I hope they come through.

Also as we all know, sometimes you got to put a couple different lines out there, plans don't always work out the first time.

I really hope Tvrdon becomes a wing, his skill and size combo could definitely come in handy. I was a late addition to the Jensen bandwagon, but I would really like to see him get a call-up or a cup of coffee with the Wings next year. Fast, Offensively talented, not shy of contact, and right-handed. How many other guys we have like that? Zero.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I figured you went with Frk b/c of the name, and Frk It is kinda awesome. And it's something we'll all be saying when Cleary gets 3 years, a full NTC, the option to be a player-coach in year 2 of his contract, and an 11% ownership stake in the team in honor of his # which will be retired before the ink is dry on his new deal.

I respect you driving the Gus bus for a while now, and hey- dude got some decent run in the playoffs, so your hard work is paying off!! Keep up the good work, and I will now root for Gus to retire as a Wing to avoid a "Eva & Hudler: The Sequel" situation.

Personally, I want to see Almquist make the Wings just so I can start calling AA, or The Enforcer. I don't know much about his game, and from perusing the thread on him, he's far from an enforcer, but I really don't care. The more 4 Horsemen references we can work onto the roster, the better.

Well we have AA the forward and AA the D-man on the way. So somebody should be called AA on this team eventually. Although Greek Lightning is pretty catchy.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

I didn't think people would take what I said and run with it quite as well as you did, so I definitely give you credit. You had me laughing pretty good.

I actually think I will handle when we re-sign Cleary very poorly. Unfortunately it will probably make myself very bitter. I would really really really like our roster and the direction we are heading if we did everything we are doing minus bring back Cleary. I guess I should start prepping myself. Originally I was thinking of deleting my account if he re-signed :laugh: Maybe that's a bit extreme.

Gus is my boy for the New Wing generation for now, but I'm sure we are going to have some other guys we will all like. I really don't know much about Jarnkrok to be honest, but I am very excited about Jurco. He's probably my second favorite prospect. Sproul and Ouellet should be good too.

I'm hoping the other AA (Athanasiou) makes the show, think he could be an exciting player in a few years.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I really hope Tvrdon becomes a wing, his skill and size combo could definitely come in handy. I was a late addition to the Jensen bandwagon, but I would really like to see him get a call-up or a cup of coffee with the Wings next year. Fast, Offensively talented, not shy of contact, and right-handed. How many other guys we have like that? Zero.

Well big Ryan Sproul, but he is a ways off. Marchenko also fits this bill. The Wings all of a sudden have a couple nice Right handed guys. Jensen reminds me of an alumni from his University Bret Hedican, doubt he marries Kristi Yamaguchi or whatever the equivalent famous figure skater that is now a days. But he is fast, likes contact and while I am not sure his offensive gifts will translate to this level, I see almost no bust quality to him. So glad they finally signed him.

Tvrdon is a homerun guy, hopefully his health irons out and everything works out. One of these Slovaks has to turn into a star right, would be really awesome if all three did. Basically we could have most of team Slovakia's top six in 2018 and 2022.

But as you pointed out alas I had big thoughts on Filppula, now look where we stand.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Well big Ryan Sproul, but he is a ways off. Marchenko also fits this bill.

I meant currently on the Wings, sorry for not clarifying on that.

Jensen is the most pro ready of those 3 IMO which is why I said I'd like to see him get some games next year.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids

Dude, I love a good hankering!! And yes, this is FAR more fun than actually staying directly on topic, with all due apologies to the mods. Sometimes the overwhelmingly serious tone here has me avoiding certain threads at times (yes, I do realize that's a huge loss for those participating in said threads :sarcasm:), so this kind of stuff is great.

You made a good call on the Lids rookie jersey. Maybe you're a good luck charm for our young guys, so choose your next rookie jersey wisely. Don't blow it on an Andersson or Lashoff, for God's sake!! Hold out for a guy with future All Star potential. :D

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Well we have AA the forward and AA the D-man on the way. So somebody should be called AA on this team eventually. Although Greek Lightning is pretty catchy.

Yeah, I can roll with Greek Lightning. But that means that Almquist HAS to make the Wings roster at some point so I can have a true AA on the team.

You guys know the prospects much better than I do... tell me that we've got an Ole something or other coming up too, b/c Ole and AA would be the best d-pairing ever. And I do mean ever.

I didn't think people would take what I said and run with it quite as well as you did, so I definitely give you credit. You had me laughing pretty good.

I actually think I will handle when we re-sign Cleary very poorly. Unfortunately it will probably make myself very bitter. I would really really really like our roster and the direction we are heading if we did everything we are doing minus bring back Cleary. I guess I should start prepping myself. Originally I was thinking of deleting my account if he re-signed :laugh: Maybe that's a bit extreme.

Gus is my boy for the New Wing generation for now, but I'm sure we are going to have some other guys we will all like. I really don't know much about Jarnkrok to be honest, but I am very excited about Jurco. He's probably my second favorite prospect. Sproul and Ouellet should be good too.

I'm hoping the other AA (Athanasiou) makes the show, think he could be an exciting player in a few years.

:laugh::laugh: Your brutally honest self-evaluation made me LOL, and I'm not a courtesy laugh kind of guy (I teach my kids not to laugh at things that aren't genuinely funny, also).

I think prepping yourself would be wise, because much like a high and wide J-Will slapper from the point, you and I both know the Cleary deal is coming and there's NOTHING we can do to stop it. Don't delete your account though- there aren't too many here willing to go off the rails with me on occasion.

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
I rather give him 5mil a year than Cleary and Sammy the 5mil or Bert and Tootoo. I know you guys think he isn't worth it I am in agreement but he is a skilled top 6 player we lack those. If the money is spent on Cleary and Bert or Sammy and Cola then why not just give it to Flip and it will OPEN UP roster spots too. I am no expert but doesn't this make sense instead of keeping/re-signing washed up players?

Haha, so you wish that the Wings had be swept in the first round so that Holland would make major changes, yet you want Valtteri Filppula back at $5m?

Umm, OK.

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
4fc98c973d2d2.png

Agreed :laugh:

That looks like Babcock, just without hair.

I'd like Filppula back, at around $5M.

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
Agreed :laugh:

That looks like Babcock, just without hair.

I'd like Filppula back, at around $5M.

Yep, a non-physical, non-impact player who averages less than 40 points per season and has no special skills is definitely worth five million.

HTT3*

Considering there is nobody in the FA market better, yes... re-sign Filppula.

HTT3*

I would rather have Weiss at $4.5m-$5.0m a year then Filppula at $5.0m at least Weiss has put up better numbers through out his career then Filppula has.

That's not true... Weiss was on pace for 3 goals and -50 this season. Filppula who was also not 100% from a sprained MCL scored 9 goals, 17 points and was only -4.

The year before that, Filppula had much better production than Weiss and better +/- stats.

I wouldn't give Weiss over $3 million, Filppula is worth $4.5 to $5.0 million easily.

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
No for $3.5-4MM, 4-5 years

Yes for $5M+, 5+ years

Flip played terrible in a contract year...that's a no-no.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00