Waived: Alzner, Weise, Peca, Varone & Ouellet - All clear waivers and assigned to Laval

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
15 Forwards
- Domi
- Gallagher
- Danault
- Tatar
- Lehkonen
- Drouin
- Kotkaniemi
- Armia
- Weal
- Thompson
- Cousins
- Hudon
- Poehling
- Suzuki
- Byron

8 Defensemen
- Weber
- Mete
- Petry
- Chiarot
- Kulak
- Fleury
- Folin
- Reilly

3 Goalies
- Price
- Kinkaid
- Lindgren

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
How does it prove he's out of touch? You expected him to say "yes, he's on the block?" Of course he won't admit to it. He never admitted Galchenyuk was on the block, but he was. No GM will go out and say that a current player of his is on the block.
Gm's have absolutely have came out and said player X is on the block I don't know maybe I'm just too fed up with MB I just didn't like his answer at all doesn't show anything except a juvenile sense of humor.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
98.5 saying that with the way Bergevin answered one of the questions, it was all but a given that Poehling made the team. Now, I don't know which question that was, I don't remember the comment.

Will Hudon hit the wire by the weekend?
We can only hope.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Yéé. Let's build a toxic environment in Laval, full of frustrated millionaires. Perfect for surrounding the kids. :help:
Barber, Ouellet, Varone and Weise are used to it and 100% expected to be in Laval when they signed/were traded for. Alzner likes it in Laval.

So unless Peca is enough to make the environment toxic (in which case Bouchard will kick his ass out of the team fast), I don't see the problem...

Reactions: HankyZetts

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
98.5 saying that with the way Bergevin answered one of the questions, it was all but a given that Poehling made the team. Now, I don't know which question that was, I don't remember the comment.

I believe the decision to carry 8 D will hinge on whether Poehling makes it. If he makes the team, they'll send Folin down, and have Cousins, Thompson and Reilly in the press box.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
15 Forwards
- Domi
- Gallagher
- Danault
- Tatar
- Lehkonen
- Drouin
- Kotkaniemi
- Armia
- Weal
- Thompson
- Cousins
- Hudon
- Poehling
- Suzuki
- Byron

8 Defensemen
- Weber
- Mete
- Petry
- Chiarot
- Kulak
- Fleury
- Folin
- Reilly

3 Goalies
- Price
- Kinkaid
- Lindgren

Isn't McCaron still around too?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Gm's have absolutely have came out and said player X is on the block I don't know maybe I'm just too fed up with MB I just didn't like his answer at all doesn't show anything except a juvenile sense of humor.

I'm sure there have been GMs who have done that but in his 7 years as Hab GM, I've always seen MB skate around these kind of questions and make jokes out of them. Remember how he wasn't looking to trade Subban but how he couldn't prevent other GMs from making inquiries?

You're not alone in being too fed up with MB, tho. :D

Reactions: habsfan891

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

For non-French speaking folks: MB said that he doesn't oppose keeping Poehling even if it's for the 4th line and even skip a game here and there.

He also said regarding the kids that if they can help the Habs, they will stay. And if they see after a while that they're having problems keeping up at some point, they can send them back down to Laval.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Hudon, Poehling and Fleury Will be sent down.

Bergevin doesn't want To take the chance and lose his amazing acquisitions of Weal or Folin

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

For non-French speaking folks: MB said that he doesn't oppose keeping Poehling even if it's for the 4th line and even skip a game here and there.

He also said regarding the kids that if they can help the Habs, they will stay. And if they see after a while that they're having problems keeping up at some point, they can send them back down to Laval.

Yes, that was the comment. Does that not sound like it's all but a foregone conclusion that Poehling made the team?

Reactions: dinodebino

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Which is why they're on waivers.

I'll say this, if all five clear, along with Barber who cleared yesterday. Laval is in for a big season.

But it wouldn't surprise me if even if they clear, one or more will be moved.

I also believe it's what, at least, should happen. Trade them for other waived players, disgruntled for disgruntled, who knows maybe we'll be lucky.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia

Not that im opposed to poehling making the team but this 4th line and sitting games crap is exactly what we dont want to see for his development

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Injured. Groin injury. Out 5-6 weeks. Probably 4-5 weeks now.

So that allows them to deal with McCarron's status later.

However, wouldn't McCarron have slipped more easily through waivers now that every team is massively waiving? I guess we'll find out.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Not that im opposed to poehling making the team but this 4th line and sitting games crap is exactly what we dont want to see for his development

Yeah, that was a crappy answer. Sitting Poehling should not be an option. If it has become an option then he should be sent down.

Reactions: habsfan891

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So that allows them to deal with McCarron's status later.

However, wouldn't McCarron have slipped more easily through waivers now that every team is massively waiving? I guess we'll find out.

They can send him down to Laval on a conditioning stint when he returns. But there is a time limit to that. He can't just stay down there. Conditioning stints are temporary.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
The poster above is right. The last thing you want is 6-7 NHL has been in your AHL teams to help your kids. You want good AHL vets not NHL vets. Alzner already said he did not want to play for laval this year. Personally i would try to move Weise and Alzner or ask them to return home and pay them for nothing. They are done and i don't think you want this kind of guys around in the AHL unless they are dedicated to help the kids like Keane was. maybe Weise wants to play this role but Alzner already expressed not wanting to.
Varone, Barber and Ouellet were always meant to be AHL vets. Besides Alzner, none of the players that had NHL worthy contracts(Weise, Peca) are signed past this year.

I literally dont see any negatives in this, in fact, it can only help Laval.

Reactions: Archijerej

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad