Pre-Game Talk: Almost there.... Pens vs. Bruins Game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
No matter who wins im not gonna take much from game 1, both teams haven't played in a while, neither team will be on top of there game, game 2 should give us a better idea how this series is gonna play out.

Duffy13

‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻
Feb 16, 2013
PEI, Canada
Going to a pub for a little Birthday get together, my Best Bud is a Bruins fan who is texting me...

"You know the game is tonight right?"

"Yup"

"Still going out?"

"Yup"

"ok"

LOL I think he wants to stay home, or go somewhere else and watch it too :D

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Wow, what does it take to become an "expert" for TSN? Mike Johnson said in one video, that the Pens depend on their PP more than anything to get offense/goals. Lol, did he watch any games this year? The Pens had the 2nd best 5on5 ratio in the regular season and the best in the playoffs through the first two rounds. :laugh:

That's the thing, it's like nobody pays attention to the actual stats. They see the Pens' PP clicking at like 33% or whatever it is and assume that they're living off PP goals when in fact they're the best 5-on5 too.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Wow, what does it take to become an "expert" for TSN? Mike Johnson said in one video, that the Pens depend on their PP more than anything to get offense/goals. Lol, did he watch any games this year? The Pens had the 2nd best 5on5 ratio in the regular season and the best in the playoffs through the first two rounds. :laugh:

You mean part of being a reporter is to check your facts? No way. I cringe every time the media pulls out some worthless, meaningless stat, like Pens are 6:0 when X player scores. No ****? Just about every team would have a winning record when you spot them a goal.

Yet, they never introduce 5v5 pts/60, 5v5 SV%, shots/60min, etc that actually mean something towards the game.

Pens have the highest 5v5 scoring in the playoffs....and the highest 5v4 scoring. They are killing you no matter the situation.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
M & M.

Morrow and Murray.

I think that both will be more key this series than most think.

Speaking of three words, as for far too many Boston fans, I honestly do not think that they know more than three words in their entire vocabulary:

Arrogant.

Refs.

Vokoun (sucks).

I wish that they would get less repetitive in their off the wall conspiracies and just plain wrong ideas. It would make wading through it all much more interesting.

Have I mentioned how much I miss Senators' fans?

I agree, this is the series that they were basically brought in for.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
You mean part of being a reporter is to check your facts? No way. I cringe every time the media pulls out some worthless, meaningless stat, like Pens are 6:0 when X player scores. No ****? Just about every team would have a winning record when you spot them a goal.

Yet, they never introduce 5v5 pts/60, 5v5 SV%, shots/60min, etc that actually mean something towards the game.

Pens have the highest 5v5 scoring in the playoffs....and the highest 5v4 scoring. They are killing you no matter the situation.

Hockey Stats have been kind of flawed for a while... they ought to convert everything into Per minute stats... that way the writers and radio talk guys can grasp things... Team A allowed 2/4 PP goals and Team B allowed 2/4 PP goals, but team B had two 5 minute PP, s and both were called 5 seconds into two of team A's PP's Team A scored both of its PPgoals withing the first minute of each of the other two PPs while team B scored at the very end of its two 2 minute PPs...
so team A scored 2 goals in roughly 2 minutes of PP time, and teams B scored 2 goals in roughly 10 minutes of PP time, but they both were 2/4 thus they were equal in the eyes of anyone who didnt watch the game.

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
Going to Real Sports beside ACC tonight, going to be loud and proud.

The persecution complex of Boston fans is astounding... and hilarious. I haven't wanted to put a team in its' place this badly in a long time.

"Pens' fans are so arrogant!!!! One of their fans even said they'd win this series!!!" Shutup, no one cares.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Going to the first game again.

I am wearing the Crosby jersey that has not seen a lost game. Thanks in advance. Have come home hoarse every game I have gone to from being so loud. Remember my girlfriend with her fingers in her ears because the noise was so loud? Well her is a big **** you to Bruin fans who will be too dumb to realize that television deadens the noise and who make fun of the CEC Crowd. Ae you know that they will. I would bet my house on it.

Anyways am nervous about this one. I keep saying that this is the game that the Pens will come out flat and they keep proving me wrong. So likely they do so again.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

I wonder if that reporter posts at HF and is that guy who thought he could use cherry picked statistics to 'prove' that the Bruins were as good offensively as the Penguins five on five. When the mnay flaws were pointed out to him he said, ironically, that people just did not understand the simple genious of his code.

I think that if he is not a reporter already that the Trib will seek him out and offer him a job.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Final thought.

The ice. Hopeflly the Pens got their **** together regarding the ice. It will be hot again today though only 70 degrees at game time. Monday will be much cooler. But I worry as crappy ice hurts the Pens and helps the less skilled Bruins. I do not care if I have to sit next to a portable air conditioner. Fix this Pens. Home ice should be an advantage.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Fluto Shinzawa @GlobeFluto
Ference-Boychuk together. Bartkowski with Hamilton. Maybe Ference is game-time decision.

How much of a difference do you think there would be if Ference played instead of Bartkowski?

Edit: As a side note I saw #followmebeau trending on Twitter and immediately thought it was about Bennett, but it wasn't :laugh:

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
Not a bad idea. I am without a TV at the moment and have been watching the games online. Now that **** is getting real, watching at a place like Real Sports seems much more fitting.

I've been there 2/3 times but always after a game or at a quieter time. Never been there for game time on a good night. No idea how busy it'll be but got to imagine at least a couple dozen other Pens' fans there.

Either way, conference finals? That's got to be a bar night at least half of the games :).

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
GDT will be up within two hours.

Working an unusual shift today to try to miss only the first few minutes of the game...could be worse, I was scheduled to work my usual Saturday shift...which would have started right as the game did. Gonna be a long day.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
GDT will be up within two hours.

Working an unusual shift today to try to miss only the first few minutes of the game...could be worse, I was scheduled to work my usual Saturday shift...which would have started right as the game did. Gonna be a long day.

First game of the series, it might take 30 minutes to get started.

Mordax

You make it hard
Sep 23, 2009
Victoria, BC
I dreamt last night that I slept through the first half of the game and when I woke up, it was 4-1 Pens.

Sign of good things to come I hope!

Go Pens

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Does anyone know the ETA on the GDT? No rush, but we'll need something to move to the SCP forum before the game begins.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
I wasn't nervous against the Isles or the Sens, but now, things are very different. Boston has a realistic chance to win this series.

Cool. I didn't actually read through the thread because I'm trying to find out the same thing from the Hawks board :laugh:

I'll make a note of it so they don't move the Boston GDT over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad