Pre-Game Talk: Almost there.... Pens vs. Bruins Game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

insomniac34

Mar 31, 2010
I'm kinda worried this long break will interrupt their mojo, not gonna lie. You know, break the flow. Ice the river.

sniugneP

Jun 28, 2008
It's been over a week since Pens played last time. It feels like off-season.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Hopefully the ice doesn't suck. Yeah both teams have to play in it, but it hurts the Pens skill game more than the Bruins IMO.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don't know if this will play a part, but Bob Grove brought up an interesting tidbit. Rask has only faced Geno and Sid 2 times so far in his career. That could play a factor or maybe could play a benefit to him. It was an interesting tidbit.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Dave Molinari @MolinariPG
The latest word on Boston's defense pairings. @GlobeFluto To start prax, Chara-Boychuk, Bartkowski-Seidenberg.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Going a week without playing shouldn't be this bad, Steelers only play once a week, it seems like its been forever since the pens played.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The conversation between Shero and Fleury in the offseason will have a similar Martin/Shero vibe to it. I'm sure of that.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
The conversation between Shero and Fleury in the offseason will have a similar Martin/Shero vibe to it. I'm sure of that.

Perhaps, but then again perhaps the Nose runs TV in the first period and MAF comes in and throws 4 shutouts together and retakes the starting job... lets figure out where he stands after the playoffs end....

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Dave Molinari @MolinariPG
The latest word on Boston's defense pairings. @GlobeFluto To start prax, Chara-Boychuk, Bartkowski-Seidenberg.

Those seem like pretty good pairings still. I think they made the right choice. Boychuk is pretty good, but youd rather have a top guy paired with the Rookie, even if he is a pittsburgh kid

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Game 1 prodiction: 6-0 Pens, Cooke hip checks Krejci causing injury AND concusses Bergeron with a blindside hit. Both in the first period. Vokoun takes to shouting 'PEACH!' with every save. He ends up with 27 and quips he grew up wanting to own a juice bar. Crosby dives twice and earns three PP's doing so, from which we score 4 goals. At HF boards, the Boston Brew'uns forum disappears... as in vanishes. Matt Cooke is blamed. Bettman admits that Pens winning the cup would be a boon for the continued growth of the game. Millbury eats his shoes.

Haha....good stuff....lol "peach"!

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010

Except this time around, we won't have the luxury of cap space. Fleury's contract hurts our chances of resigning several players on our roster.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Fair points about MAF.

I like what Boston did with the d-pairings. I think they have a strong gameplan on paper. It's their best chances to match up. Bylsma can really throw them off if he's on his game tomorrow.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
I will be happy not seeing Glass or Engelland on the ice the entire series.

Gotta beat these Bruins with skill, not thuggery. Bylsma loves to test out bear traps with his own leg though. Feels like it's been over a month since the last game.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I will be happy not seeing Glass or Engelland on the ice the entire series.

Gotta beat these Bruins with skill, not thuggery. Bylsma loves to test out bear traps with his own leg though. Feels like it's been over a month since the last game.

Based on the practice lines the past couple of days, you won't have much to worry about.

Now if we could just replace Adams with Vitale who is better at every single aspect of the game pretty much... Wishful thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad