All-Time Wrestling Draft - Deadline for cards on August 11th

Would you like to participate?

• Total voters

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm working on stuff here, hope to be done writing tonight and be completely finished tomorrow. Need to try and get some images of my people and get them sized right which is typically time consuming for me.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
El Phantasmo
Mistico/Caristico/whatever the hell the guy who use to be Sin Cara is this week

Caristico is his name as im writing this post.

Someone else took Mistico for leaving to WWE (Sin Cara) and when he returned he took Miztezis..... and then he finally decided he wanted to be Caristico.

sincara.jpg

Reactions: les Habs

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I've submitted my card. Very wordy and despite tailoring it to my own tastes I don't really love it this year. Looking forward to seeing what other people did.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
Card is submitted. Thanks to Cutter for putting this on and thanks to those for signing up to compete.
May the best card win.

I do have one note I want to say. There may be some easy fantasy match ups on paper I had the ability to bring to fruition, but chose not to. I'd rather create something of my own than piggy back on dream matches that have already been mused about by fans for decades.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I do have one note I want to say. There may be some easy fantasy match ups on paper I had the ability to bring to fruition, but chose not to. I'd rather create something of my own than piggy back on dream matches that have already been mused about by fans for decades.

To add to this, I really gained an appreciation for how difficult it is to build around Michaels if you want something new. He wrestled most top end North American wrestlers from the 90s and 2000s, and other GMs have already booked him against great opponents like Tanahashi, Styles, and Steamboat. He's my favourite wrestler ever so I can't complain, but it's difficult to find a fresh opponent for him that is worthy of a main event spot.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
To add to this, I really gained an appreciation for how difficult it is to build around Michaels if you want something new. He wrestled most top end North American wrestlers from the 90s and 2000s, and other GMs have already booked him against great opponents like Tanahashi, Styles, and Steamboat. He's my favourite wrestler ever so I can't complain, but it's difficult to find a fresh opponent for him that is worthy of a main event spot.

I've yet to have the chance to draft high enough to get him, but I'd think one of the things would be that most of the guys who you would put him against are taken before you have the chance to make a second pick.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I've yet to have the chance to draft high enough to get him, but I'd think one of the things would be that most of the guys who you would put him against are taken before you have the chance to make a second pick.

That's certainly part of it as well. I almost ended up with Lesnar and that would have been great, but I ended up going down a far more mediocre path. Guys with longevity at the top generally end up burning through a lot of top end matches in the 90s and beyond, and credit to other GMs of the past but a lot of good matchups have also been taken over the years. Still an enjoyable challenge.

Say Hey Kid

Baby, you can drive Makar
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
This draft is great. The only thing better is the colorful personalities of some of the GMs. I've a fan since the 60s & I thought about doing it next year, but I don't think my card would be as awesome as you guys. I look forward to watching this year's cards & the draft for years to come. Good luck all!

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
My card is submitted. Not as tough as last year, but my work schedule wasn't nearly what it was last year when the cards were due. Still a lot of work, but I edited it down. I only did "commentary" for one match and said forget it for the rest.

Still had a ton of fun doing this. It's great revisiting the past but also for me personally becoming familiar with more wrestlers.

One of my guys has the following entrance theme:

And a big THANK YOU again to @Tomas Tatahhh for hosting this once again.

I've submitted my card. Very wordy and despite tailoring it to my own tastes I don't really love it this year. Looking forward to seeing what other people did.

Card is in.

Not super confident in it, made a few bad picks in the later rounds.

Oh well!

I really liked my card last year and figured this year would be more difficult. I have a long list of ideas, but getting all the guys to pull some of them off can be difficult. All of that said I honestly think my card this year is better and I definitely prefer it. It's all subjective of course so whether anyone else does is another story, but either way I love it.

Last edited:
Reactions: CHGoalie27

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
mean-gene.jpg

"The following is a paid advertisement from the Alternative Wrestling Federation."

ted-dibiase.jpg

"Are you tired of the cheap black and white production values and retirement home wrestlers of Jack Slater Promotions?"

Lance-Storm-645x370.jpg

"Are you tired of QPQ Wrestling not taking wrestling seriously?"

kamala-talks-about-his-health-and-hulk-hogan.jpg

"Na u khathetse ke ho bona ntho e tšoanang khafetsa ho tsoa Morozov?"

roh-dbd-colt-silas-gordon-ray-promo-1280x720max.jpg

"Do you think a woman's place is in the kitchen and not the wrestling ring?"

00.jpg

"悪いレスリングを隠蔽するためにギミックを使用したGongShowプロダクションにうんざりしていませんか?"

ChrisJericho.jpg

"Then there's only one, true..."

56ff86b5c5f758055a37e0db3a2e78687a743ad1r1-400-500v2_hq.jpg

"true..."

yPt5Kfs8_400x400.png

"cierto..."

roderick-strong.jpg

"true..."

hqdefault.jpg

"true damnit..."

johnny-gargano.jpg

"true..."

zzzzd95e_regal_L.gif

"genuine..."

alberto-rio.jpg

"true..."

6813891_orig.jpg

"true, BANG!..."

davieboy-smith-jr.jpg

"true..."

Screen-Shot-2015-09-17-at-4.20.20-PM-777x437.png

"true already..."

Bobby-Fish-Kyle-OReilly-800x400.jpg

"true..."

latest

"true baby..."

277552__93100.1342528410.380.500.jpg

"true..."

hqdefault%2B%25281%2529.jpg

"t r double u e..."

chriskanyon_1.jpg

"true?..."

thumb_500x375_wrestlingalexwrightprofil.jpg

"wahr..."

d1fee7a798481824a4ed323dc23bd2cf.jpg

"true..."

t5cednrbym0mvkanlyeh.jpg

"...wrestling ALTERNATIVE!"

RossBoxingCBSSports.jpg

"The Alternative Wrestling Federation."

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
upload_2019-8-7_21-53-36.jpeg
私の同盟国との戦いを選んでいるのは誰ですか?

cody-rhodes-aew-2.jpg
Hey, if anyone is gonna throw bows at the farm animal, it's gonna be us.

Dory-Funk-Jr-Wrestler-8-X-10-Wrestling.jpg
Yepthat's raight, you want to pick on my brother and his friends, ya have ta get thru me.

upload_2019-8-7_22-16-22.jpeg
Why is Kamala speaking Sotho instead of Swahili?

The better question....LOL....is who wouldn't appreciate the annual finals worthy card of @Morozov or the spectacle of a Champion Bear that cared enough about wrestling to become a student of the sport!

images
@les Habs You may not have any girls, but you don't have any balls!

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-7_22-12-52.jpeg
    upload_2019-8-7_22-12-52.jpeg
    11.6 KB · Views: 1

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I wouldn't take any of it seriously. Just some fun banter. I like all the cards and one of the posters mentioned is someone I PM all throughout the draft.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
ECW-316-p09-e1557925229232.jpg

"Letmetellallyoufatlosers out there, that you all may be a big deal, orthinkyouare, but you're going up against Rob Van Dam and HandsomeHollywood, baby. Those are the superstars you're going up against and-"

"Whoa, whoa Fonsie calm down man. Everybody just be cool. We're all done now and the cards are submitted. This is going to be a great event, especially with Mr. P-P-V here...and the other cards too. Everyone is excited to see HandsomeHollywood's hard work pay off...and the other guys too, they're also competing. And to all the voters, knowing that they're going to see the whole f***ing show at the top in this competition, the All-Time wrestling draft is more than worth the price of admission...and they'll get to see the other GMs too. No one can match the raw, natural talent of HandsomeHollywood and R-V-D, though others might try really hard *sneezeCHGoalie*"

"Bless you."

"Thanks, Fonsie. So everybody just be cool. As cool as Mr. H-F-B. Rob. Van. Dam. I got this."

RVD%20Frog%20Drop_zpsrdkhbujq.gif

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad