All-Time Wrestling Draft - Deadline for cards on August 11th

Would you like to participate?

• Total voters

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Hello all,

I'm testing the waters and I am wondering if there is still interest in holding the annual all-time wrestling draft?

Participants:
GKJ
Cor
ColePens
PeterSidorkiewicz
JackSlater
HandsomeHollywood
GongshowWilly
les Habs
quoipourquoi
BigBadBruins7708
Sheppy
CHGoalie27
Dr Pepper
Live in the Now
Emperoreddy
Chris Pronger
Habsrule
tony d
Morozov

Last edited:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
JackSlaterIsAllIn.png

What is the team idea though?

Reactions: ColePens

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
"the team idea" comes from people "helping/working" with someone in the past (which made people cry in the votes....)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
"the team idea" comes from people "helping/working" with someone in the past (which made people cry in the votes....)
Funny thing is it was the first time people moaned about last year when it was a thing for years before. In fact the entire thing started out as a team based game with like teams of 5 iirc (I remember because I remembered two groups from old years before we migrated lol)

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I'd like to offer a suggestion. Maybe have hard cap on the number of matches people can put on a card, and a cap on the number of rounds in the draft. Like seven matches and eighteen picks or something. Force people to forego the bloat that often happens.

Also, I'm voting for any card that @quoipourquoi makes^^ (if they are in again).

Reactions: quoipourquoi

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I used @M.C.G. 31 last year because it was my first year and it was good to have guidance through the process.

I don’t need that clown this year though

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'd like to offer a suggestion. Maybe have hard cap on the number of matches people can put on a card, and a cap on the number of rounds in the draft. Like seven matches and eighteen picks or something. Force people to forego the bloat that often happens.

Also, I'm voting for any card that @quoipourquoi makes^^ (if they are in again).

I think the number of matches and people is part of the strategy.

Some people decide to try and do 5 strong matches. Others do more matches with more variation with many styles.

Restricting that defeats the purpose of us making our own cards IMO

Reactions: HandsomeHollywood

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Been waiting for this, but didn't want to mention it as the soccer draft was around the corner. Either way I'd make this work and would love to participate again. I'd prefer to do my own card as well.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
im not in, but people need to stop with the "i cant believe no one has picked this guy"
ban them! huhuh

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I think the number of matches and people is part of the strategy.

Some people decide to try and do 5 strong matches. Others do more matches with more variation with many styles.

Restricting that defeats the purpose of us making our own cards IMO

I agree. It comes down to a person's preferences. If a card seems too bloated, just don't vote for it. I remember a specific card that I voted against once because while it had some very good stuff on it, it would have been torturous to sit through due to length.

I think that people are generally pretty good about not naming undrafted wrestlers too. Having a formal rule about it is not a bad idea though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad