All Time Finnish Draft Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korkki

Mar 6, 2002
Pori, Finland
All right, Ulvilan Punasiivet is going to draft another defenceman. A player whose stats have mysteriously disappeared from eurohockey.net. A player who was famous of his butt-tackle. Defender Jarmo "Maukka persjätkä" Kuusisto

colonel_korn

Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?
Nov 30, 2002
St John's, NL
Visit site
What does "Jääkiekkoleijona" mean? Is that "Jersey number"?

Nice to see this going again btw, I don't know much about Finnish hockey players but for some reason I'm enjoying reading this draft (I think it's because Finnish people have such cool names) :D

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
colonel_korn said:
What does "Jääkiekkoleijona" mean? Is that "Jersey number"?

No it's not jersey number. It's finnish Hall of Fame and the nuber behind this is the order. So if there's a player that is Jääkiekkoleijona #5 that means that he is the fifth player to receive such an honor to be included in the Finnish Hall of Fame.

colonel_korn

Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?
Nov 30, 2002
St John's, NL
Visit site
Padawan said:
No it's not jersey number. It's finnish Hall of Fame and the nuber behind this is the order. So if there's a player that is Jääkiekkoleijona #5 that means that he is the fifth player to receive such an honor to be included in the Finnish Hall of Fame.

Kiitos! :D

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
Flaming Blue selects a player who played 114 NHL games having 37 points...

He had bad knee injury in 1986, got a puck to the eye in 1993 but luckily escaped and was able to return after few weeks break...

In 1985 World Championships he was best goal-scorer...

Silver medal in 1992 World Championships...

Hannu Järvenpää!

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
With their 13th pick, Pietarinkadun Painonvartijat are proud to select, from Oulu,

Esa Pirnes

Esa was in amazing form in the 02-03 SM-Liiga finals scoring every single game winning goal for Tappara. Esa has also represented Espoo Blues, and is currently on the books of the LA Kings where he has ebstablished himself as a 4th line centre.
Esa has two impressive World Championship tournaments under his belt, and his ability to score game winners like he did for Tappara when it counted is something the Painonvartijat could not resist.

Tikkanen - Helminen - Sami Kapanen
x - Jesse Joensuu - Tukonen
x - Esa Pirnes - Toni Mäkiaho
x - x - x

Pitkänen - Erik Hämäläinen
Juha Rantasila - Simo Saarinen
x - x

Wetzell
Ketterer

Chased By Trolls

Generational Talent
Mar 18, 2002
Tampere, Finland
Visit site
In the 13th round, the Broilers are proud to select, as their first line LW, a player that has played in Finland, in the NHL, and in Sweden where he scored the the OT goal that won the championship for Frölunda in '03. In the the NHL he scored 24 goals and 55 points in 140 games while representing the Trashers, the Blue Jackets, and the Flyers. He was a Finnish league All Star in 2000, and has played for Finland in 5 World Championships, 2 WJCs, 1 EJC, and 1 Olympic Games so far. This year he scored 7 points in 7 games in the World Championships. Welcome to the team, mr Tomi Kallio.

Kallio-Jokinen-Selänne
?????-Jarkko-Leinonen
Susi-Keskinen-Leppänen
????-???????-??????

Laukkanen-Lumme
Laksola-Marjamäki
???????-????????

Kiprusoff
????????

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
I pick now for HC ASB.

This player has for example World Championship Gold in 1995 and Olympic Bronze in 1998. He played one season in NHL with Ottawa Senators, also visited in a farm team that season. In Finnish SM-liiga he has played only in Jokerit, though he is originally from Espoo. He was captain (replacing injured Ville Peltonen) in 2002 when Jokerit won gold, and a member of the team also in 1994 and 1997, Antti Törmänen

Princess

Jun 5, 2003
Jyväskylä
Visit site
Princess' Dream Team draft pick for the 13th round is a left winger who didn't plan on being a pro sometime. He played in Mestis alot until he was signed by HPK. He has played also in the NHL. He was selected as the best player for Team Finland in the 2000 WC's. Here's our next player... Jukka Hentunen.

For the 14th round pick Princess' Dream Team will select a underrated goalie. He played last season in Sweden and he is drafted by the Tampa Bay Lightning. Fredrik Norrena.

Chased By Trolls

Generational Talent
Mar 18, 2002
Tampere, Finland
Visit site
Raimo Sillanpää said:
With their 13th pick, Pietarinkadun Painonvartijat are proud to select, from Oulu,

Esa Pirnes

Esa was in amazing form in the 02-03 SM-Liiga finals scoring every single game winning goal for Tappara...

Hmm, I don't think that's true either.. I was there and I'm pretty sure Tom Bissett scored the winning goal in the second game. I can't remember the first game anymore, but you're right about the third game anyway.. I'll never forget the goal Essi scored in the third overtime to take the championship back where it belongs..

Last edited:

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
Nortti&Volvo said:
Hmm, I don't think that's true either.. I was there and I'm pretty sure Tom Bissett scored the winning goal in the second game. I can't remember the first game anymore, but you're right about the third game anyway.. I'll never forget the goal Essi scored in the third overtime to take the championship back where it belongs..

Not sure of the 2nd game, but definately Pirnes scored game-winners in games 1 and 3, both in overtime. Second game was not that tight, maybe 3-0. Bissett could have scored GWG and Pirnes maybe 2nd goal for Tappara.

Chased By Trolls

Generational Talent
Mar 18, 2002
Tampere, Finland
Visit site
ES said:
Not sure of the 2nd game, but definately Pirnes scored game-winners in games 1 and 3, both in overtime. Second game was not that tight, maybe 3-0. Bissett could have scored GWG and Pirnes maybe 2nd goal for Tappara.

Yeah, you're right, I remember it now. Pirnes scored the third goal late in the third period. Anyways, it was definitely Bissett who scored the GWG.

Jyssy

Jan 2, 2004
Jyväskylä, Finland
My pick: Kai "Kultaranne" Nurminen

Aarne Honkavaara - Jari Lindroos - Matti Keinonen
Seppo Ahokainen - Petri Pakaslahti - Kari Jalonen
Jorma Vehmanen - Toni Sihvonen - Pekka Järvelä
Mika Kortelainen - Teppo Rastio - Anssi Melametsä

Reijo Ruotsalainen - Pekka Rautakallio
Heikki Riihiranta - Timo Jutila
Waltteri Immonen - Jarmo Wasama

Jorma Valtonen
Unto Wiitala

Last edited:

Chased By Trolls

Generational Talent
Mar 18, 2002
Tampere, Finland
Visit site
The Broilers' next pick is a 26 year old d-man who is already a 'veteran' of 531 NHL games. He has played for TPS and Kiekko-67 in Finland and the Los Angeles Kings and Toronto Maple Leafs in the NHL. Welcome to the team, mr Aki-Petteri Berg

Kallio-Jokinen-Selänne
?????-Jarkko-Leinonen
Susi-Keskinen-Leppänen
????-???????-??????

Laukkanen-Lumme
Laksola-Marjamäki
Berg-????????

Kiprusoff
????????

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
I was wondering when Berg would go, 3rd overall drafted originally iirc, what a drop!

wiht their pick, the Painonvartijat select:

Centre, Valtter Filppula!

The last time a finn was a star centre at the WJC's that was Olli Jokinen! Here's hoping Valtteri fulfils his potential and hopefully becomes the first finn to ever play for Detroit..

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
After experience, I felt it's time to have younger player in the roster.

He was voted as a 2nd best defenseman last year in SM-liiga, after Marko Tuulola. He won also +/- statistic.

Last year he was captain of Kärpät, Oulu and for this year he signed with Chicago Blackhawks. He spent most of his season in minors though.

Welcome to this team, Lasse Kukkonen.

Korkki

Mar 6, 2002
Pori, Finland
Ulvilan punasiivet is proud to present a player who has played most his career in Ässät, one season in Sweden and three in Germany. One of the rare players who got a education while playing and is now leading his own market watch -company. Several games on finnish international team, but got always dropped out ot the squad before the tournaments. Defender Olli Kaski

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
Team Padawan selects a left winger. This player is enormous assett to the locker room atmosphere. He is also a hard working player whose work gets hardly noticed. He was the rookie of the year 1993-1994 in SM-Liiga. He has played in the NHL and in Sweden also.
Juha Lind

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad