Status
Not open for further replies.

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
Korkki said:
Why? He isn't good enough to be in my team. I guessed that people would think about him when I said about "storm"... But that was on 80es.
I was messing with you and you were right. When you said it "his move started a little storm" I Immediately thought that Tähtinen fits in here better, not because of his skills.

Korkki

Mar 6, 2002
Pori, Finland
Padawan said:
I was messing with you and you were right. When you said it "his move started a little storm" I Immediately thought that Tähtinen fits in here better, not because of his skills.
Actually the storm after Tähtinen move was quite mild when comparing the Mölli Keinonen move to RU-38. There even were killing threats to him...

Chased By Trolls

Generational Talent
Mar 18, 2002
Tampere, Finland
Visit site
The Boilers' penultimate pick is a defender who achieved six gold and 11 medals altogether in his extraordinarily successful career. In 496 career games, he scored 93 goals and 204 points and compiled a very respectable 379 PIMs. Although born in Jyväskylä, he played fourteen seasons for Tappara Tampere, where he had the honour of being named captain in 1985. Naturally, he also wore the lion jersey for many an internatinal competition, including the 1976 Canada Cup, the 1980 Olympic Games, and several World Championships. A very warm welcome, Jääkiekkoleijona #96, mr Lasse Litma.

Before the final addition of a back-up goaltender, the Broilers' line-up looks like this:

Kallio-Jokinen-Selänne
Alkula-Jarkko-Leinonen
Susi-Koivulahti-Hakala
Rinne-Keskinen-Leppänen

Laukkanen-Lumme
Laksola-Marjamäki
Berg-Litma

Kiprusoff
????????

Last edited:

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
HC ASB drafts Stanley Cup winner...as a scout. His career was cut short due to injuries: D Joni Lehto

That means their last player should be a forward.

Princess

Jun 5, 2003
Jyväskylä
Visit site
Princess' Dream selects two forwards to complete our team.
F Valtteri Tenkanen and RW Antti Miettinen.

After these selections Princess' Dream Team looks like this:

Risto Kurkinen - Jarkko Immonen - Tuomas Pihlman
Jukka Hentunen - Jari Viuhkola - Marko Jantunen
Valtteri Tenkanen - Mikko Koivu - Lauri Korpikoski
Jarkko Ruutu - Joni Lius - Antti Miettinen

Janne Niinimaa - Timo Blomqvist
Jari Korhonen - Mikko Luoma
Sami Helenius - Jarkko Glad

Fredrik Norrena
Sinuhe Wallinheimo

I think it would be nice if other people would rate the final teams in this draft. :)

Chased By Trolls

Generational Talent
Mar 18, 2002
Tampere, Finland
Visit site
Princess said:
I think it would be nice if other people would rate the final teams in this draft. :)

Sounds like a good idea. :) Maybe we could have a poll when we're all done drafting. We could discuss the teams there... what do you say, Padawan?

In the meantime though, I would like to make the last selection for HC ASB. I'll pick a forward who played 506 games for TPS in the SM-Liiga, scoring 249 goals and 462 points, Jukka Vilander!

This completes the line-up for HC ASB. I assembled the lines very quickly and just tried to make them somehow "functioning". Feel free to disagree.. The lines are in no particular order, although the fourth one would propably be fourth "in real life" too.

LW - C - RW
Matti Murto - Erkki Lehtonen - Reijo Mikkolainen
Jukka Vilander - Teppo Kivelä - Petri Skriko
Mikko Eloranta - Tuomo Ruutu - Tony Virta
Marko Palo - Niko Kapanen - Antti Törmänen

LD - RD
Lalli Partinen - Pentti Lindegren
Marko Tuulola - Toni Lydman
Joni Lehto - Mika Strömberg

G
Antti Leppänen
Hannu Toivonen

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
Nortti&Volvo said:
Sounds like a good idea. :) Maybe we could have a poll when we're all done drafting. We could discuss the teams there... what do you say, Padawan?
A poll you say? I think it's a great idea, to discuss a little bit about the final teams and a "best final team poll" in the thread. I think we shouldn't just end it here when all the drafting is done...

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
Korkki said:
I think that we should have one more round for the draft and draft the coach for every team.

Could be a good idea, but I think most of the teams have already former players who have worked as a coach also

Flaming Blue: Eloranta, Tamminen, Järvenpää
HC ASB: Skriko
Kangasvuori Bombers: Rautakallio, Keinonen, Honkavaara
Kiekko-Vantaa: Ylönen, Virta, Numminen, Mäkelä
Mansester Broilers: Rinne, Marjamäki
Pietarinkadun Painonvartijat: Ketterer
Princess' Dream Team: Kurkinen
Suomen Öljyjätkät: Suoraniemi, Kurri, Hagman, Summanen
Team Padawan: Tammi (IIRC he was Ilves goalie coach for a short time)
Ulvilan Punasiivet: Ketola, Makkonen

Chased By Trolls

Generational Talent
Mar 18, 2002
Tampere, Finland
Visit site
The Broilers, after extremely hard consideration, and thinking it through about a dozen times (and finally flipping a coin), select as their back up goalie, one of the very few Finns to have his name mentioned in the NHL record books. He was Rookie of the Year in Finland in 1975, and won the best goalie Award in Finland in 1986 and was in the All Star line-up the same year. He played nine seasons in North America (WHA, NHL, CHL, AHL), and played 91 games in the NHL. He also played for Finland in two Canada Cups and some other tournaments. In the NHL record book he's mentioned as the goalie who stopped Wayne Gretzky and his record of consecutive games with at least one point scored. Welcome to the team, Jääkiekkoleijona #111, Markus Mattsson.

The line-up is now complete:

Kallio-Jokinen-Selänne
Alkula-Jarkko-Leinonen
Susi-Koivulahti-Hakala
Rinne-Keskinen-Leppänen

Laukkanen-Lumme
Laksola-Marjamäki
Berg-Litma

Kiprusoff
Mattsson

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
No message by Raimo Sillanpää for nearly 24 hours... so I think I can make my last pick.

- Remembered of 1976 Olympics when scoring a goal which was disallowed and so Finland lost bronze medals.
- His two sons are also playing hockey, currently other in NHL and other in Elitserien.
- Has coached KalPa, HIFK, HPK, Jokerit and Blues in SM-liiga
- Hannu Kapanen!

Korkki

Mar 6, 2002
Pori, Finland
I waited for Raimo to pick but because he has disappeared ;) I will make my pick (does not matter much because this is the last round)

Ulvilan punasiivet has a tough choice between two goalkeepers. Both of them have been on a championship team and like the most players of the team played for Ässät. The tiny factor which is decisive is that he has played all his career in Ässät. He has also coached ice hockey, rink bandy and ringette teams (Luki ringette just won this season championship with him). He is a member of Pori city council, mr. Antero Kivelä

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
Final pick time... This one was a hard choice between youth & potential and experience & accomplishments. I decided to follow my main theme with this team: Youth and potential.

So, Team Padawan's next pick is a younger gentleman from my birth place Kotka, Finland. This young forward was originally drafted by the Ottawa Senators in 8th round, 260 overall in the 2003 entry draft. He has tremendous potential and is very fast and very skillful player. He isn't afraid of physical play but also has natural scoring ability. He is one of future's names in the finnish hockey scene along with Tukonen and Korpikoski although he is a little bit older.

Here he is, Team Padawan's final pick of the draft....
Ossi Louhivaara

This makes Team Padawan looking like this:

Ville Peltonen - Sean Bergenheim - Jarkko Varvio
Timo Pärssinen - Tommi Santala - Kimmo Kuhta
Juha Lind - Lasse Pirjetä - Ossi Louhivaara
Ville Nieminen - Riku Hahl - Marko Tuomainen

Petteri Nummelin - Jere Karalahti
Kimmo Timonen - Ossi Väänänen
Erkka Leppänen - Jyri Marttinen

Kari Lehtonen
Jukka Tammi

Last edited:

Sampe

Feb 27, 2002
Vantaa
With their final pick, Kiekko-Vantaa will complete their first line by selecting a defensive-minded forward who's played 157 games in the NHL:

left wing Mika Alatalo.

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
For ZTH's team, Suomen Öljyjätkät the final pick is LW Jani Rita.

After that pick ZTH's team Suomen Öljyjätkät looks as follows:

Raimo Summanen - Jari Kurri - Matti Hagman
Vesa Viitakoski - Timo Saarikoski - Kai Nurminen
Pekka Tuomisto - Jari Kauppila - Pentti Lund
Jani Rita - Antti Aalto - Toni Dahlman

Risto Siltanen - Timo Nummelin
Tuomas Grönman - Arto Ruotanen
Seppo Suoraniemi -Ville Sirén

Hannu Kamppuri
Ari Sulander

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
That's it boys and girls, the draft is over. Only Pietarinkadun Painonvartijat has one previously skipped pick left but I'm going to wait a while. Let's say monday 3 pm finnish time. If that pick isn't used by then, I'm going to pick it and then I will start another topic with the poll in it to discuss the teams. All hfboards posters are welcome to share their thoughts about the teams. In the mean time, while we wait for Pietarinkadun Painonvartijat to make their final pick, would you please send me your line-ups via pm so I can make the discussion/poll thread's first post. (I will post all teams in the first post so it would be easier to vote the best team.)

It was nice drafting with you guys. Many thanks goes the ZeroTheHero who planned this draft and originally started it. Also I want to thank ES who helped this draft by picking many times for HC ASB's.

To all of participants of All Time Finnish Draft, this one's for you: :handclap: :bow:

Last edited:

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
My final team is here. I changed Ojanen to wing as I think he should be other than 4th liner.

Tamminen-Oksanen-Lehtinen
Riihijärvi-Jalo-Järvenpää
Ojanen-Forss-Arbelius
Lehterä-Krykov-Kapanen

Numminen-Eloranta
Lehtonen-Kukkonen
Mesikämmen-Alanko

Myllys
Markkanen

Sampe

Feb 27, 2002
Vantaa
Padawan said:
Raimo Summanen - Jari Kurri - Matti Hagman

Shouldn't that be Summanen-Hagman-Kurri? Kurri spent most of his career on the right wing and Hagman was a center and a playmaker with an unequalled vision.

In any case, that's one scary first line! :eek:

Korkki

Mar 6, 2002
Pori, Finland
I list my full team also here, the I pm:ed it already to Padawan but here it is anyway...

Makkonen - Ketola - Javanainen
Marjamäki - Ruuttu - Koskinen
Honkanen - Raitanen - Korpisalo
J. Torkki - Sahlstedt - Villa

Levo - Nikander
Rontti - Kaski
Niskala - Kuusisto

Takko
Kivelä

coaches: Lasse Heikkilä and Ismo Läntinen
spares: Tommi Rajamäki (D), Jari Levonen (F)
honorary mention: Sari Fisk (F)

Added two guys and a girl ;), because in Finland we have 22 players maximum. Fisk has got the honorary mention because she is the most successed Pori-born player.

Chased By Trolls

Generational Talent
Mar 18, 2002
Tampere, Finland
Visit site
ES said:
My final team is here. I changed Ojanen to wing as I think he should be other than 4th liner.

Tamminen-Oksanen-Lehtinen
Riihijärvi-Jalo-Järvenpää
Ojanen-Forss-Arbelius
Lehterä-Krykov-Kapanen

Numminen-Eloranta
Lehtonen-Kukkonen
Mesikämmen-Alanko

Myllys
Markkanen

A very nice team :handclap: One little note, though ;)

This is only my extremely biased opinion, but I think you're wasting your best talents putting your best center in the very unnatural post of LW, and at the same time using your 2nd best RW as first line center. I'm very biased, but that doesn't seem to make much sense when you're pretty stacked on C. :)

Here's my team one more time:

Tomi Kallio-Olli Jokinen-Teemu Selänne
Jukka Alkula-Martti Jarkko-Mikko Leinonen
Timo Susi-Pertti Koivulahti-Yrjö Hakala
Jouni Rinne-Esa Keskinen-Reijo Leppänen

Janne Laukkanen-Jyrki Lumme
Pekka Laksola-Pekka Marjamäki
Aki-Petteri Berg-Lasse Litma

Miikka Kiprusoff
Markus Mattsson

Last edited:

Jyssy

Jan 2, 2004
Jyväskylä, Finland
My final team:

Aarne Honkavaara - Jari Lindroos - Matti Keinonen
Seppo Ahokainen - Teppo Rastio - Kari Jalonen
Jorma Vehmanen - Toni Sihvonen - Pekka Järvelä
Mika Kortelainen - Petri Pakaslahti - Anssi Melametsä

Reijo Ruotsalainen - Pekka Rautakallio
Heikki Riihiranta - Timo Jutila
Waltteri Immonen - Jarmo Wasama

Jorma Valtonen
Unto Wiitala

I am pretty happy with my team, great goaltending and defence (expecially first d-man pairing) Attack is decent because of centers

Korkki

Mar 6, 2002
Pori, Finland
Finn said:
Keijo Sailynoja :dunno: (my old neighbor :) )
With only 200 players there surely are some who are left out. Another example is Kimmo Rintanen who has played in huge lot of international games (no time to check the stats)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad