Status
Not open for further replies.

Chased By Trolls

Generational Talent
Mar 18, 2002
Tampere, Finland
Visit site
Sampe said:
..And no, I really do mean bronze medals! Beat that, HPK!

Yeah, you're right. I checked and he only has six gold medals: 1945, '46, '53, '54, '55 and '59. I'm not sure about the last last one though because he only played one game that season. So that means he might only have five of them.

Korkki

Mar 6, 2002
Pori, Finland
Now it is time for my 17th pick. Team Ulvilan Punasiivet picks a player who had talent to be star in the NHL but no desire to take the last steps. Played several international games, but retired 30 years old after suffering lots of injuries. A Winnipeg draft pick, very popular among girls in early 90es. The guy from same street with me couple of houses west, center Rauli Raitanen

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
Painonvartijat decide to add to their crop of Dmen, choosing their 5th Dman from HIFK Helsinki once more.. *drum roll*

Toni Söderholm

A late bloomer, Toni's turned the heat on these days and ahs all the tools necessary for a good nhl career. Toni might not be the biggest, but it doesn't show on the ice..
Toni was one of the best dmen in SM-Liiga this season.

Esa Tikkanen - Raimo Helminen - Sami Kapanen
Petteri Nokelainen - Jesse Joensuu - Lauri Tukonen
x - Esa Pirnes - Toni Mäkiaho
x - Valtter Filppula - Niklas Hagman

Pitkänen - Erik Hämäläinen
Juha Rantasila - Simo Saarinen
Toni Söderholm - x

Wetzell
Ketterer

Chased By Trolls

Generational Talent
Mar 18, 2002
Tampere, Finland
Visit site
The Mansester Broilers' 17th pick is a legendary forward who has won the the scoring title ('54), the goal scoring title ('55), and the Gentleman Player Award ('59) in Finland. He holds the record for most medals in Finland with 15. He was twice Finnish Player of the Year (1955, '58) while playing for TBK/Tappara. He also won the best forward award in 1954 and '55. In his long career he also played for local rivals Ilves among other teams, and was the first player to play on the same team with his own son when they both played for SaiPa in the late sixties. He of course also represented Finland in countless international tournaments. Welcome, Jääkiekkoleijona #21, mr Yrjö Hakala.

Kallio-Jokinen-Selänne
Alkula-Jarkko-Leinonen
Susi-Keskinen-Leppänen
Hakala-???????-Rinne

Laukkanen-Lumme
Laksola-Marjamäki
Berg-????????

Kiprusoff
????????

Jyssy

Jan 2, 2004
Jyväskylä, Finland
I select 6 time World Championship member, two time olympic-team member, not believing his available, jääkiekkoleijona: Jorma Vehmanen

Last edited:

Chased By Trolls

Generational Talent
Mar 18, 2002
Tampere, Finland
Visit site
In the 18th round the Mansester Broilers add yet another Tappara legend to their roster. He's a five-time Finnish Champion and once Finnish Player of The Year (1977). A forward that scored 199 goals and 403 points in 463 games, and also played one season abroad, winning the Austrian Championship with Klagenfurt in 1980. He won four silver and a bronze medal to go with his five golds as a player, and also won gold as assistant coach (assisting legendary Rauno "Rane" Korpi). On the international stage he played for Finland in six World Championships, one Olympic Tournament, and a Canada Cup. Welcome to the team, Jääkiekkoleijona #86, mr Pertti Koivulahti.

After a couple of line changes, the Broilers look as follows:

Kallio-Jokinen-Selänne
Alkula-Jarkko-Leinonen
Susi-Koivulahti-Hakala
Rinne-Keskinen-Leppänen

Laukkanen-Lumme
Laksola-Marjamäki
Berg-????????

Kiprusoff
????????

Last edited:

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
Painonvartijat go once more with their policy of youth and experienced vets.
To round off our defence, we select possible 1st round pick..

Sami Lepistö!

Esa Tikkanen - Raimo Helminen - Sami Kapanen
Petteri Nokelainen - Jesse Joensuu - Lauri Tukonen
x - Esa Pirnes - Toni Mäkiaho
x - Valtter Filppula - Niklas Hagman

Pitkänen - Erik Hämäläinen
Juha Rantasila - Simo Saarinen
Toni Söderholm - Sami Lepistö

Wetzell
Ketterer

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
Next player is not Russian, though you could think so about his name.

He has best non-goalie (goalies are included in statistics even if they don't play) ironman streak in SM-liiga, 488 games between September 1991 and February 2001. His point record in one season is 43 in 2001-02. During his 14 full SM-liiga seasons, his worst point total was 17 in 1994-95. Total career in SM-liiga has 689 games, 226 goals and 244 assists. Last two seasons he has spent in Timrå in Sweden.

Valeri Krykov!

Korkki

Mar 6, 2002
Pori, Finland
Well, the next pick for Ulvilan Punasiivet is a defender. There were lots of guys to choose from but I decided to go with a player who will make his breakthrough next season. Despite his young age, this player has played more than 100 league games already. Mika Rontti

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
Team Padawan will pick a player who despite his young age has been playing in the NHL for a while. This native of Hämeenlinna is a center who does a lot of hard work in the rink. He performs best as a role player in the fourth line. He was originally drafted by the Colorado Avalanche 6th round, 183rd overall in the 1999 entry draft.
Please welcome Team Padawan's next player, center...
Riku Hahl

Sampe

Feb 27, 2002
Vantaa
Kiekko-Vantaa are proud to select the best forward of his era along with Aarne Honkavaara, the finest part of the legendary Ka-Ku-Ti line and the Finnish Player of the Year in 1951, Jääkiekkoleijona #6,

Keijo Kuusela.

Sampe

Feb 27, 2002
Vantaa
Kiekko-Vantaa selects a former Finnish champion and a talented young prospect of the Philadelphia Flyers,

goaltender Antero Niittymäki.

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
For the 19th round Team Padawan selects a defender. This man has overcome a career threatening back injury. He is a young player whose playing style is entertaining. He enjoys physical play but does handle the puck fairly well. He was originally drafted by the Calgary Flames in the 8th round, 238th overall in the 2002 entry draft.
Jyri "Jyssy" Marttinen

Last edited:

Korkki

Mar 6, 2002
Pori, Finland
Ulvilan punasiivet are proud to pick their 19th round pick. The team is short of one forward, so here is a player who is one of the rare players who have represented both Satakunta teams. His move started a little storm, because it is rare that players of his calibre move between the rival teams. Welcome mr. Ismo Villa

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
Korkki said:
here is a player who is one of the rare players who have represented both Satakunta teams. His move started a little storm, because it is rare that players of his calibre move between the rival teams.

You should have select... *drum roll* CoughMarkku TähtinenCough. :naughty:

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
Flaming Blue selects defensive defender, who also gives good hits. Last season he was captain of Espoo Blues in SM-liiga.

Rami Alanko

Korkki

Mar 6, 2002
Pori, Finland
Padawan said:
You should have select... *drum roll* CoughMarkku TähtinenCough. :naughty:
Why? He isn't good enough to be in my team. I guessed that people would think about him when I said about "storm"... But that was on 80es.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad