Aug 29, 2013
Winnipeg
Wild Pacific Chinook Salmon in a TomYum Broth with Pork Fried Rice
99D4166B-17F6-4492-81D1-262CFFB7CA1F_1_201_a.jpeg

imec

Sponsor
Aug 29, 2013
Winnipeg
The meat is perfect. I still think back in horror at growing up with a mother who learned to cook beef the "English way". Dessicated to a dry, greyness then reconstituted on the plate with a liberal coating of HP sauce. :laugh:
Listen mate, I was born in the UK - I never knew what kind of meat I was eating. Beef, lamb, pork... all grey, all tough.

• Haha
Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

imec

Sponsor
Aug 29, 2013
Winnipeg
Man....your meal prep skills are out of this world! I'd be a candidate for "My 600lb Life" if I ate like that!

You must be retired (or something like that) to find the time to cook like you do!
Yep, been retired for 4 years now - but I've always made time to put a good meal on the table! Thanks!

Reactions: macmaroon

imec

Sponsor
Aug 29, 2013
Winnipeg
I'll assume the tomatoes and basil are home grown and you make your own mozzarella. :nod:
My daughter indeed grew these cherry tomatoes (and basil) for me on the back deck. The burrata on the other hand was purchased on a recent trip to the US - Trader Joes I think. I have made Mozzarella in the past (and even burrata). Honestly, it's a bit of a faff - but I will no doubt have a go at it again someday. I do make "ricotta" regularly. (I use the quotation marks as genuine ricotta is made with whey whereas I make the home version simply with milk and a bit of cream. Not "genuine" but, head and shoulders above most of the rubbish sold in the stores.
121282A5-0052-43F5-82D3-80EA80E32524.jpeg

Last edited:

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
The Keg has this kick ass, sinus clearing horseradish, brand name Atomic. They get it from Sysco, who of course won't sell to the hoi polloi. We are not worthy. There seem to be US ordering options but I would prefer a Canadian source, if anyone knows of one. :help:

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014

imec

Sponsor
Aug 29, 2013
Winnipeg
What is your cooking method for pizza?
These were cooked in a regular home kitchen oven on a 1" slab of cordierite (a re-purposed pottery kiln shelf) heated for an hour at 550. I assemble the pie on a sheet of parchment on top of a pizza screen - I then slide the pie and the parchment directly onto the cordierite. After a few minutes, I lift the front edge of the pie and quickly yank out the parchment so the pie finishes cooking directly on the stone for a nice, crisp crust. Let me know if you need further details - happy to help.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad