All Things Pete Deboer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
All I want for Christmas is Pete fired. They can continue to lose, but need a fresh face and a message sent that the first 30 games were not acceptable.

Hey now! If Cammalerri wasn't injured during the game as Elias wasn't injured, we wouldn't have given up 33 shots before the 2nd period ended!

And Dallas is SOOOO much better than us too.

Their 5 wins since November 1st have been sooo much better than our 5 in that time.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
All I want for Christmas is Pete fired. They can continue to lose, but need a fresh face and a message sent that the first 30 games were not acceptable.

I just want to see an honest evaluation for our players (Larsson, Gelly) by the end of the season and not overplaying some guys into the ground by being scared. That'll obviously take a new coach at this point.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I just want to see an honest evaluation for our players (Larsson, Gelly) by the end of the season and not overplaying some guys into the ground by being scared. That'll obviously take a new coach at this point.

Exactly what I want as well. If a guy like JJ or ruutu plays well, let them get rewarded at the expense of "safer" picks. Same way if a guy like Zids plays poorly demote him. Let us take stock of what we have, and who is going to play hard for us going forward.

Plus I think its important a message is sent from Lou that these results and type of play are unacceptable. Us being one of the most penalized teams in the league is reason enough to fire a coach when you are also losing.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't even get why Ruutu's fallen into the doghouse, someone's going to have to explain that one to me. It was one thing early in the season when we had a legit numbers game but even when other forwards get hurt he's still in the outhouse.

Zidlicky playing is one thing, though he's definitely been OVERplayed. They kind of need to keep his trade value up if they ever are going to deal him. But I don't ever need to see Harrold as anything other than a fill-in. As usual he had his good 5-6 games when coming into the lineup and now you see why he started this season in the AHL.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't even get why Ruutu's fallen into the doghouse, someone's going to have to explain that one to me. It was one thing early in the season when we had a legit numbers game but even when other forwards get hurt he's still in the outhouse.

Zidlicky playing is one thing, though he's definitely been OVERplayed. They kind of need to keep his trade value up if they ever are going to deal him. But I don't ever need to see Harrold as anything other than a fill-in. As usual he had his good 5-6 games when coming into the lineup and now you see why he started this season in the AHL.

It makes little sense. Reward the damn guy, and hold the struggling guys accountable.

Zids is getting WAY overplayed. Screw his trade value. He had value when he was a healthy scratch with the Wild. Him getting demoted isn't going to change it now. He is what he is.

If Harrold EARNS his time then let him play, but only if he is being judged the same way as everyone else is, which isn't the case right now.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Ruutu SHOULD be the kind of player Pete loves tbh, a vet who plays the grinding style the system requires, well when they actually can run the system and aren't on their heels, that's why it's such a mystery to me. Not to mention you'd figure with his contract they'd give him more than the 20-30 games he had last year before condeming him to the fourth line for life.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Ruutu SHOULD be the kind of player Pete loves tbh, a vet who plays the grinding style the system requires, well when they actually can run the system and aren't on their heels, that's why it's such a mystery to me. Not to mention you'd figure with his contract they'd give him more than the 20-30 games he had last year before condeming him to the fourth line for life.

Just makes little sense. Guys punished in cases for no reason, others rewarded for no reason.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Sadly I can't even remember the last win cause I missed the Toronto game, I guess the Oilers were the last win I actually watched and that was almost three weeks ago. I didn't actually think it was as bad as 3 in 14 until seeing it posted though.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Sadly I can't even remember the last win cause I missed the Toronto game, I guess the Oilers were the last win I actually watched and that was almost three weeks ago. I didn't actually think it was as bad as 3 in 14 until seeing it posted though.

Maclean did less to get fired then Pete has at this point. It is time.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Getting close to the J-Mac finish line here.

Some stop gap should come in that just lets them play and shows actual accountability. Everyone who earns it plays no matter what. Honestly just the best idea at this point.

Agreed.

This was another NO SHOW, despite what the final score said.

The two quick goals in the 2nd and the goal with the goalie pulled shouldn't change that.

33 shots against in 2 periods.

This team has been as bad as us the last 6 weeks. I don't wanna hear any crap about how much better they are. We've made the Hurricanes, Flyers, and Stars all look better than the Blackhawks looked against us.

UNACCEPTABLE!

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL

There pretty much in Maclean territory now. At least we still had some good players back then. We've got bupkis right now, outside of 1 or 2 guys.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Maclean did less to get fired then Pete has at this point. It is time.

And MacLean was actually one of Lou's boys too.

Enough is enough.

Don't care if they don't give up for him or whatever Chere's ******** quote said.

They haven't gave more than two great efforts in the last month.

Pathetic.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Agreed.

This was another NO SHOW, despite what the final score said.

The two quick goals in the 2nd and the goal with the goalie pulled shouldn't change that.

33 shots against in 2 periods.

This team has been as bad as us the last 6 weeks. I don't wanna hear any crap about how much better they are. We've made the Hurricanes, Flyers, and Stars all look better than the Blackhawks looked against us.

UNACCEPTABLE!

Ruff is at least coaching in Dallas. Team playing like crap. Punish them with a tough conditioning practice. At least an attempt to coach.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There pretty much in Maclean territory now. At least we still had some good players back then. We've got bupkis right now, outside of 1 or 2 guys.

There's been so many Johnny Mac specials straight out of December 2010, over the last month and a half. It's disgusting.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I forgot about the Hurricane game too lol, that sure didn't feel like a win and I only saw the last half of it.

I don't even know why I'm waiting for the Pete press conference tonight. Maybe I'm just waiting for the moment when one of the beat guys makes him snap like TG did late last year.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
My access to the internet has been crappy since moving a couple weeks ago. Have to say haven't missed watching the games. The only positive is the potential reward at the end of this.

The way the season has gone I think it shows once you think it might be a good idea to fire the coach, fire the coach. Pete should have been cut last year.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I forgot about the Hurricane game too lol, that sure didn't feel like a win and I only saw the last half of it.

I don't even know why I'm waiting for the Pete press conference tonight. Maybe I'm just waiting for the moment when one of the beat guys makes him snap like TG did late last year.

Honestly its more the players at this point. I am just sitting waiting for someone to crack and the mutiny to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad