All Things Pete Deboer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Honestly its more the players at this point. I am just sitting waiting for someone to crack and the mutiny to start.

We don't have anyone like Stevens anymore who has the respect to go to Lou and basically say the coach needs to go from a players perspective. Elias isn't that type of guy. Jagr is a mercenary who is here for the paycheck and to just play hockey. The captain owes his job to Pete, the rest of the defense is too young.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
this team has been on a 61 point pace since that 3-0-0 start. i mean the roster is bad but really lol maybe he can really lead the devils to mcdavid tho.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
No Pete presser? Maybe he went off and snapped at Gulitti again.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
keep him around til April, please.

I'm fine with this too.

I'm fine either way, but he CAN'T be here after April.

He hasn't done **** to deserve another year after this. I don't give two kazoos if he hasn't lost the team and if they still play for him SOMETIMES.

The results aren't there. PERIOD.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
TG hasn't tweeted out anything yet about the press conference if they did have it yet.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
I'm pretty sure the only reason the Blackhawks game was close was because they couldn't care less about us and took us lightly because they were looking ahead to the Boston game on Thursday so that's not really a game Pete should hang his hat on at all. So the Toronto game 10 days ago was the only halfway decent result we've had in about a month.

Absolutely amazing, the kind of ineptitude that's happening here

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
TG mentioned Pete said Camm had a lower body injury so he had one.

That's literally all TG or Chere posted about any postgame comments from Pete, maybe he went all Tortorella and had a thirty-second presser saying nothing.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Something must of happened since there is zero updates. It is odd though since all the players had media availability and its being posted.

If it was a blow up TG and Chere would be rushing to get it up.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
“I want to be careful how that’s phrased,” Lamoriello said. “There are different players at different times that become inconsistent. There’s a line. When you reach that line, then your talk doesn’t do it. So, now, there has to be decisions.”

Lou last week on Brunner. I think we are at a similar crossroads about DeBoer. A decision needs to be made now.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Maybe Pete snuck out of the locker room to get to the hotel bar. He'll be posting in the drunks thread shortly

goawaygary*

Lou last week on Brunner. I think we are at a similar crossroads about DeBoer. A decision needs to be made now.

I think a lot of this has to do with their being no suitable replacement. I think Lemaire has probably already rebuffed Lou a few times.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
We’re up against it here,†Devils coach Pete DeBoer said. “We’re short (players due to injury) and a tough schedule, so we’ve got to find a way.â€

Although Devils GM Lou Lamoriello said last week that he is not considering a coaching change, it would seem he has to change something soon to attempt to save this season as the Devils havWe’re up against it here,†e fallen a season-worst four games below NHL .500 at 11-15-5. They are now five points out of a playof

From TG's blog. Few more Pete quotes in there but not much. He definitely talked to the press. Just wasn't shown or tweeted for some reason.

Also a quote from Cory saying he thinks it's on the players not the coach.

goawaygary*

We’re up against it here,†Devils coach Pete DeBoer said. “We’re short (players due to injury) and a tough schedule, so we’ve got to find a way.â€

Although Devils GM Lou Lamoriello said last week that he is not considering a coaching change, it would seem he has to change something soon to attempt to save this season as the Devils havWe’re up against it here,†e fallen a season-worst four games below NHL .500 at 11-15-5. They are now five points out of a playof

From TG's blog. Few more Pete quotes in there but not much. He definitely talked to the press. Just wasn't shown or tweeted for some reason.

Also a quote from Cory saying he thinks it's on the players not the coach.

It's on both. And Cory didn't help his own cause by letting in soft goals 3 and 4

JohnTonelliRises

Tonelli Approves↑
Sep 29, 2006
Connecticut
Guaranteed gone within the next 4 weeks.

I wish your organization could impart some wisdom on the Isles.

Even though we won tonight, I still question Capuano's abilities every game day.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Guaranteed gone within the next 4 weeks.

I wish your organization could impart some wisdom on the Isles.

Even though we won tonight, I still question Capuano's abilities every game day.

I always thought Capuano was bad, and would hold the Islanders back from getting into the playoffs this year.

Somehow he's getting the job done, and I know he does have a better roster than past years.

Capuano also has as many playoff berths as DeBoer in fewer years. This year he's gonna have even more playoff berths as DeBoer, in even fewer years lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad