All Things Pete Deboer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Put all your Pete discussion here.

Keep it civil. Any trolling or flaming will lead to consequences including a possible tread ban.

Also this means we will not have the same discussion in three threads. All Pete rants go here and should be avoided in GDTs and general. He can be talked about else where but any disagreements or opinions on his moves stay here and will be deleted elsewhere with repeat offenders being punished.

Again KEEP IT CLEAN

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
I don't think he's an awful coach, and he hasn't got very much to work with in certain areas; but he's had a decent tenure as our coach and hasn't been able to get very much out of our roster over the last few years.

Things aren't necessarily his fault, but it feels like we're going nowhere and completely directionless, we're completely mediocre and there are few signs that this current regime has what it takes to turn it around. Maybe a new coach wouldn't be able to improve results either, but i think it's time to try something new, PDB has had plenty of time to demonstrate a glimmer of improvement or at least something to inspire confidence that we're moving in a positive direction and he hasn't managed to do it.

We just need a shake up, it isn't all the coaches fault, but something has to change if we want to at least try to improve rather than running in place for yet another season. Even if the wheels fall off i'd like to see us try to do something than watch this same stagnant and disappointing team play uninspired hockey for another 60 games.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
he's not very good but his roster is worse

blame the GM above anyone else

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I don't think he's an awful coach, and he hasn't got very much to work with in certain areas; but he's had a decent tenure as our coach and hasn't been able to get very much out of our roster over the last few years.

Things aren't necessarily his fault, but it feels like we're going nowhere and completely directionless, we're completely mediocre and there are few signs that this current regime has what it takes to turn it around. Maybe a new coach wouldn't be able to improve results either, but i think it's time to try something new, PDB has had plenty of time to demonstrate a glimmer of improvement or at least something to inspire confidence that we're moving in a positive direction and he hasn't managed to do it.

We just need a shake up, it isn't all the coaches fault, but something has to change if we want to at least try to improve rather than running in place for yet another season. Even if the wheels fall off i'd like to see us try to do something than watch this same stagnant and disappointing team play uninspired hockey for another 60 games.

That's pretty much how I feel as well. I've been one of Pete's defenders for a long time, but I think it's time for a change. I don't think we're going to turn into a playoff team with a different coach, but I agree the team has gotten pretty stale and needs something different.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Worn out his welcome. Team has checked out. We need a shake up. Anyone will do. Mail your application to Prudential Center with resume and references.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
could just rewind to last season and insert the same quotes from similar times in terms of how the team is doing.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Put all your Pete discussion here.

Keep it civil. Any trolling or flaming will lead to consequences including a possible tread ban.

Also this means we will not have the same discussion in three threads. All Pete rants go here and should be avoided in GDTs and general. He can be talked about else where but any disagreements or opinions on his moves stay here and will be deleted elsewhere with repeat offenders being punished.

Again KEEP IT CLEAN

Is that a jab at the shine on his head? :sarcasm:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Have never particularly cared for him.

I think it's very possible that we could have missed the playoffs in 2013 and last year, even with Kovy, Parise, and a good goaltender. I think it's possible we could have easily missed in 11-12 if we didn't get hot at the right time.

schoenfeld

2 Way Contract
Dec 10, 2006
give pete brent sutters roster and we win the cup in 2009.

and thats all i really have to say about ol petey boy

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
New coach please apply to:

Mr Lou Lamoriello c.o
DENY'S
Atlantic City
New Jersey
NJ 08041

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
I think if we don't make playoffs this season, he will be gone. Lou maybe too.

Come the end of the season, the new ownership would have a true grasp of what state this franchise is in (on the ice) and methinks a decision will be made to go in another direction.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
not really thrilled with ownership either, well aside from the whole actually having money thing. but they came in, ditched the goal song for Bon Jovi, then that awful SNA and now the even more horrendous fan made one. the whole "we're all devils inside" thing is dumb, the "enhancing gameday experience" schtick is a dud(pro tip: enhancing the gameday experience starts with putting a team people enjoying watching out there, not slugs who cant score)

although i can forgive those trivial things if they wake up and realize this organization is slowly but surely circling the drain.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007

i feel the same way. i think with a decent team he is a good coach. that being said i think the next 4-5 games better produce at least 6 points or he is gone.

if they **** the bed here on this western trip he is finished in my opinion... which means nothing

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
i feel the same way. i think with a decent team he is a good coach. that being said i think the next 4-5 games better produce at least 6 points or he is gone.

if they **** the bed here on this western trip he is finished in my opinion... which means nothing

What gives you the faith to think that Lou would actually do this?

As much as I want Pete gone ASAP if we continue to sink, old Lou who wouldn't put up with this(even tho he is as much to blame with this putrid roster outside of several players), new Lou hasn't shown any signs of changing things up

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
What gives you the faith to think that Lou would actually do this?

As much as I want Pete gone ASAP if we continue to sink, old Lou who wouldn't put up with this(even tho he is as much to blame with this putrid roster outside of several players), new Lou hasn't shown any signs of changing things up

I agree. The amount of times I've seen here "Pete doing x is a fireable offence" is outstanding given that he's yet to be fired. I want him gone as much as the next guy here but all of our opinions don't matter, it comes down to Lou. He's shown to have a very long leash for Pete, what's his cracking point though? Maybe he's accepted this roster is mediocre anyway and a new coach can only help so much, but in the end it's still not a good team.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I'm not sold that a new coach would be able to make much of a difference but here are a few things that annoy me about Pete.

1. Reliance on vets when everyone and their mother can see others should get a shot. Here's looking at you Gio, Sal, Bernier, etc.

2. He NEVER calls a time out at the right time. Opponent scores two quick goals and we are hemmed in? You better believe 9/10 coaches are calling a time out.

3. His use of Schneider this year has really frustrated me. There's no reason why we are a quarter of the way into the season (holy cow) and Schneider has started 20 games in a row. That's poor lineup management.

ajdevjet

we got 3
Aug 20, 2013
In your face !
62-57-30 since the finals appearance. 62 wins in our last 149 games is absolutely unacceptable....

Wow that is disgusting ! Im sick now, knew it was bad but not that bad.

Have never particularly cared for him.

I think it's very possible that we could have missed the playoffs in 2013 and last year, even with Kovy, Parise, and a good goaltender. I think it's possible we could have easily missed in 11-12 if we didn't get hot at the right time.

stop it please ! no way we miss with kovy and parise here no way no how.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad