OT: All Things Game of Thrones III (The End!?)

Who sits on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Having Dany be pregnant would be poor writing. They havent shown the pregnancy test she took, any episodes of morning sickness, etc.

In all seriousness, thar would be hilarious though. Series starts with how disgusting it is that Jamie and Cersei are together and having kids, etc, and the reaction of Jon and Dany having kids would be an interesting dynamic.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Tell me how Bronn fits in the end at this point.

Maybe upon finding out Tyrion was made into Dragon BBQ and that Dany wont honor what Tyrion promised he takes her out in hopes of getting from Jon or whoever takes throne what he always wanted

Hell killing the Mad Queen would certainly earn him the respect of Westeros and what is left of KL population and turn him into a hero

Kill a few hundred people become a lord
Kill thousands become King
Kill the Queen who killed hundreds of thousands gets you the Kingdom?

King Bronn? Nah he would be another Robert just spending his days drinking and at brothels

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I honestly missed this

What hints have been dropped? And not sure the people of Westeros will want a Targ baby to come to throne given what just happened. That kid would be target for life from Assassins or people out for revenge for what his/her mother did to them

In addition to generic "The dragons are my children, the only children I'll ever have" stuff, there are pointed conversations with Tyrion about her being barren and setting up a succession policy. There's also Jon Snow telling her that maybe the old witch was wrong and you can have babies. And Jorah talking to Jon about his family's sword serving him and his children.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
In addition to generic "The dragons are my children, the only children I'll ever have" stuff, there are pointed conversations with Tyrion about her being barren and setting up a succession policy. There's also Jon Snow telling her that maybe the old witch was wrong and you can have babies. And Jorah talking to Jon about his family's sword serving him and his children.

The bolded are things that made me go hmm. The first two, I think, are nothing that suggests pregnancy.

Speaking of succession policy, if she remains barren the simple solution is that Jon and his kids are the heirs. Maybe Winterfell is made capital? Aside from everyone having to shrug off a huge massacre and move on with life, that would be the "boring" ending.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I listed my two major flaws for the season earlier. If I had to pick the biggest flaw in the overall narrative of the show, it's probably that the writers never figured out how to handle the theology that was set up. The WWs were dumbed down. The Great Other is basically ignored as the counterpart of the Lord of Light in a cosmic great struggle, and isn't fleshed out. In large part that is likely due to the direction the took with the origin of the Night King. That in turn dumbs down the Lord of Light thing and removes half the equation more or less. That has huge impact, I think.

Then again the show is about the game of thrones, whereas that cosmological struggle plays more into that whole ice vs fire thing in the greater scope of the books. I have no idea how they could have begun pursuing those themes effectively.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Maybe upon finding out Tyrion was made into Dragon BBQ and that Dany wont honor what Tyrion promised he takes her out in hopes of getting from Jon or whoever takes throne what he always wanted

Hell killing the Mad Queen would certainly earn him the respect of Westeros and what is left of KL population and turn him into a hero

Kill a few hundred people become a lord
Kill thousands become King
Kill the Queen who killed hundreds of thousands gets you the Kingdom?

King Bronn? Nah he would be another Robert just spending his days drinking and at brothels

Robert said to kill Dany when she was a kid.

He had it all figured out.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Actually it makes plenty of sense as part of her character arc development

She regained a little of her humanity when Hound grabbed her and gave her what essentially was a father/daughter plea not to follow in his footsteps

She realized in that moment that she wanted to live and as we saw tried to rescue that girl , her mother and people hiding by leading them to tunnels

To me the Arya regaining some shred of humanity was a very positive moment that seemed to go unnoticed by many who simply wanted to see her kill Cersei
So would it have been equally positive if Dany got to King's Landing and did nothing and Cersei peacefully surrendered? Dany loves Jon and Jon gave her a serious thirty second heart-to-heart where she realized what was really important!

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
So would it have been equally positive if Dany got to King's Landing and did nothing and Cersei peacefully surrendered? Dany loves Jon and Jon gave her a serious thirty second heart-to-heart where she realized what was really important!

No, that wouldn't make sense, though it would have been a relief to everyone. Dany hasn't been building to that. She was building to something sinister.

Arya on the other hand has been steering away from mindless devotion to revenge since she elected to let Sandor live before heading overseas.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
No, I disagree. Arya decided that letting The Hound die a slow painful death was better revenge than actually killing him.

Her reclaiming bits of humanity didn't happen until she met Ed Sheeran on the road and realized that Lannister soldiers are actually real people too.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
No, I disagree. Arya decided that letting The Hound die a slow painful death was better revenge than actually killing him.

Her reclaiming bits of humanity didn't happen until she met Ed Sheeran on the road and realized that Lannister soldiers are actually real people too.

She was asked if she wanted the Hound to die and when she said yes, was called out for lying. She had learned how to forgive and move on.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
No, that wouldn't make sense, though it would have been a relief to everyone. Dany hasn't been building to that. She was building to something sinister.

Arya on the other hand has been steering away from mindless devotion to revenge since she elected to let Sandor live before heading overseas.
Of course she has been building towards that. She and Jon have been giving the googlie eyes to each other for a long time. She is falling in love and love is more powerful than hate. Jon talking her out of the attack makes as much sense as the Hound talking Arya out of killing Cersei.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Of course she has been building towards that. She and Jon have been giving the googlie eyes to each other for a long time. She is falling in love and love is more powerful than hate. Jon talking her out of the attack makes as much sense as the Hound talking Arya out of killing Cersei.

No, it doesn't.

First of all, she doesn't have love. She just got dumped.

Second of all, this goal, the iron throne, is literally the only thing she has left to live for (and truth be told, she never had much else to live for). Arya on the other hand has her family, which is the only reason she wanted to kill Cersei in the first place.

I'd really love for someone to do a supercut of all the violent and occasionally sadistic shit Dany has done over the last 8 seasons. It would be smack you in the face obvious that she was always on a dark path. She's a tragically flawed character, and they've been foreshadowing the shit out of it if you were paying attention since the very beginning.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
No, it doesn't.

Second of all, this goal, the iron throne, is literally the only thing she has left to live for (and truth be told, she never had much else to live for). Arya on the other hand has her family, which is the only reason she wanted to kill Cersei in the first place.

I'd really love for someone to do a supercut of all the violent and occasionally sadistic **** Dany has done over the last 8 seasons. It would be smack you in the face obvious that she was always on a dark path. She's a tragically flawed character, and they've been foreshadowing the **** out of it if you were paying attention since the very beginning.

Its baffling to me how anyone can watch that episode and think everything is hunky dory between those two.

Are we all watching the same f***ing show?

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
No, it doesn't.

There were other things that she could have had to live for, but she cast them aside because of her obsession with the Iron Throne.

Reactions: Rebels57

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Her wiping out the entire city was a little much, though. That wasn't necessary to show her dark side. She could've killed a defenseless Cersei and it would've got the message across. You don't need a full blown villain. Just someone willing to eliminate everyone in their way. Would be much more believable.
Dany did more evil in this episode than Cersei in all seasons combined.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Her wiping out the entire city was a little much, though. That wasn't necessary to show her dark side. She could've killed a defenseless Cersei and it would've got the message across. You don't need a full blown villain. Just someone willing to eliminate everyone in their way. Would be much more believable.

Are we ignoring the part where Cersei also lit the city on fire....for people who weren't even attacking her city?

Look, this wasnt a good thing to do, it it was a wartime act. Sometimes that shit just happens even when it shouldnt.

Cersei blew up part of the city, killing innocents, for someone she wasnt even at war with.

Reactions: Carter Hart

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Agree. It was excessive and really just lazy writing because they wanted to shoehorn in action and spectacle.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Now I'm thinking about Vargo. Changing him into Locke might be one of the best decisions the showmakers made, if not the best decision. It would have been completely insane for Jaime to have been maimed by a dude who rides a zebra and talks like a gritty reboot of Sylvester the Cat with a mouthful of novocaine. And he also wears a goat mask/helmet. And his band of mercenaries are circus themed.
I. I do not remember this. At all.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Are we ignoring the part where Cersei also lit the city on fire....for people who weren't even attacking her city?

Look, this wasnt a good thing to do, it it was a wartime act. Sometimes that **** just happens even when it shouldnt.

Cersei blew up part of the city, killing innocents, for someone she wasnt even at war with.
Ok, let's say they're even then. Cersei had kind of a motive though and the innocents were just collateral damage and not targeted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad