OT: All Things Game of Thrones III (The End!?)

Who sits on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Euron is Wildcard Charlie in pirate-king form and I don't think I'd have wanted to shoehorn him into enough showtime to flesh him out into a more complex character. Dude is different and it's fine. Likewise for Vargo Hoat/Locke.

Actually let's all be thankful that Vargo didn't make it in as an accurate portrayal.

Im not going to lie, I was a fan of Euron's character in show. He provided a good amount of comedic relief while still being a good 'villain'. I didnt need more of him on screen, but i dont think any of his scenes were necessarily 'wasteful' - or at least not the ones in my head. I suppose the conversation with Yara wasnt necessary, but i viewed that more as a setup for her release than a Euron moment.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Now I'm thinking about Vargo. Changing him into Locke might be one of the best decisions the showmakers made, if not the best decision. It would have been completely insane for Jaime to have been maimed by a dude who rides a zebra and talks like a gritty reboot of Sylvester the Cat with a mouthful of novocaine. And he also wears a goat mask/helmet. And his band of mercenaries are circus themed.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Now I'm thinking about Vargo. Changing him into Locke might be one of the best decisions the showmakers made, if not the best decision. It would have been completely insane for Jaime to have been maimed by a dude who rides a zebra and talks like a gritty reboot of Sylvester the Cat with a mouthful of novocaine. And he also wears a goat mask/helmet. And his band of mercenaries are circus themed.

Book nerd.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

but we NEED that level of detail.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

WTF-Are-you-serious-meme-24189.jpg

That cant possibly be real? I mean I heard the Horn nonsense and laughed but this your making up , right?

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I don't think it's outside the realm of possibilities that Dany actually "wins", and the last shot begins with a closeup of her face and zooms out to show her sitting on the throne (or whatever's left of it).

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I don't think it's outside the realm of possibilities that Dany actually "wins", and the last shot begins with a closeup of her face and zooms out to show her sitting on the throne (or whatever's left of it).

That would just be bitterly tragic. I'm here for the tragedy, but I don't even know if I could wrap my head around that level of nihilism.

I'm immensely curious about what will happen in the final episode. I have no idea. I would like to see something of Dany eventually shrinking at the realization that she's become a monster, having Drogon melt down the iron throne, and then sacrificing herself and her last child (the world just isn't safe with that thing flying around). A small measure of redemption.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
GRRM has always (like constantly) talked about how he loved "Scouring of the Shire" and I'm sure the last episode will be the "Scouring of the Shire" of the series. He said, "Is Aragorn a good leader? What are his tax policies? Does he have equal rights for orcs?" etc.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
GRRM has always (like constantly) talked about how he loved "Scouring of the Shire" and I'm sure the last episode will be the "Scouring of the Shire" of the series. He said, "Is Aragorn a good leader? What are his tax policies? Does he have equal rights for orcs?" etc.

So then the question is, who kills Sharkey?

If we wanna run with the LOTR comp I think at this point it would be Tyrion killing Dany in that scenario and him getting killed in the process.

Strictly theoretically, I don't have the slightest idea how it will play out. I can't even make a real guess.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
That would just be bitterly tragic. I'm here for the tragedy, but I don't even know if I could wrap my head around that level of nihilism.

I'm immensely curious about what will happen in the final episode. I have no idea. I would like to see something of Dany eventually shrinking at the realization that she's become a monster, having Drogon melt down the iron throne, and then sacrificing herself and her last child (the world just isn't safe with that thing flying around). A small measure of redemption.

It's hard to think of many endings that would be emotionally powerful. That would be one obviously. Maybe Dany and Jon both die and the last shot is Drogon flying off to join Norbert at a dragon colony in Romania.
tumblr_mmkx8wTVMI1rt8ekso1_500.gif

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Would be very empty victory for her given state of Westeros and fact she doesn't have an heir nor can she ever birth an heir

It would leave a lot of people pissed off but given human history of how many brutal tyrants have taken power it wouldn't be unrealistic

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I don't think it's at all a given that Dany dies this episode.

It's been so heavily foreshadowed and not even in subtle ways that Daenerys is pregnant that I can hardly believe that won't be a thing.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

It's been so heavily foreshadowed and not even in subtle ways that Daenerys is pregnant that I can hardly believe that won't be a thing.

And if Jon is the father, there is your material for a sequel.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
The cast/creators have said ending would be bittersweet I believe

Would that not allude to possibility Jon a broken man abdicates thrown to his sister and she is the one with task to rebuild everything to hold the entire kingdom together

Brienne becomes Kings Guard

At end of day though KL is in ruins. I just cant see it getting rebuilt. Its should become another Valyria left for eternity to be remembered in history as a tragedy

At beginning of season I had a Gendry/Arya on throne and still want to believe it could happen now that Arya is showing humanity again and may reconsider not wanting to spent rest of life with Gendry

But I thought Gendry would take over a King's Landing that wasn't in ruins. Cant see throwing poor Gendry into role as leader of Kingdoms in ruins

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

I honestly missed this

What hints have been dropped? And not sure the people of Westeros will want a Targ baby to come to throne given what just happened. That kid would be target for life from Assassins or people out for revenge for what his/her mother did to them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad