OT: All Things Game of Thrones III (The End!?)

Who sits on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Well, they ended the season it basically the way I thought they would, as it was sort of the natural cliffhanger moment.

don't know why they are letting some characters not go full heelturn. Alicent is just as power hungry as pops, and Aemond wanted to kill lucerys, it was no accident. Both of them are having levels of likability. I love the eye though. The Aemond actor is great in this role.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Fantastic finale. My faith in the GoT universe has been restored.

SO I lowkey YouTube about House of the Dragon, and it's been a real exhausting season to discuss some episodes of the season...but I have to say despite the toxic fandom, I think people really trust the show now. I certainly do. Sure, stuff was changed from the book, but not much - and a lot of it for the better (like Viserys' character).

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It was legitimately amazing, seriously. That sort of opaque silhouette of the bigger one over the top? F***'s sake. Mindblowing.

Absolutely gorgeous cinematography that entire sequence. Really the entire episode most scenes were framed perfectly.
When Lucerys went to meet with House Baratheon some of those long-distance shots of Aemond standing there like a statue were just menacing.

Last edited:

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Another thing I enjoyed about the 1st season was that the writers/directors understood that sometimes a look sometimes says more/is more impactful than dialogue. So many times they built tension just by showing the way others were looking at each other.
agree.
The music during those scenes were fantastic too: Rhaenyra coronation, viserys walk to the throne, Rhaenyra+daemon's wedding. Great stuff, not much dialogue but it spoke 1000 words

It was legitimately amazing, seriously. That sort of opaque silhouette of the bigger one over the top? F***'s sake. Mindblowing.
i loved the when luke came to storm's end and vhagar was just chilling. Looked scary af

Last edited:

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
I had a thought watching that scene with Luke and Aemond and when he took the patch off his eye and it was blue. Is it possible he is the Night King in game of Thrones? Not Matt Smith the actor, his character
No. In got, they showed the night king was just one of the first men that the children of the forest capture. They captured him and put a dragon glass into him to make him the first white walker

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Matt Smith is Daemon and it’s just a sapphire.
My bad on the typo. Fixed it. It was just a theory. Saw that blue sapphire and it’s the first thing I thought of. How do you put the spoiler tag the way you have it. I can never get it right. Only get the blurry post.

No. In got, they showed the night king was just one of the first men that the children of the forest capture. They captured him and put a dragon glass into him to make him the first white walker

Thanks. I don’t remember every detail from GOT

Reactions: flyerslducks

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
My bad on the typo. Fixed it. It was just a theory. Saw that blue sapphire and it’s the first thing I thought of. How do you put the spoiler tag the way you have it. I can never get it right. Only get the blurry post.

One is [*Spoiler] and the other is [/*Spoiler]

Minus the *[/Spoiler]

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017

no worries ahah. I actually had to look it up. I remembered the scene but just forgot what the little people were called lol

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
The adult Aemond actor is just perfect in this role. As mentioned above his stoic demeanor says volumes. He steals every scene he's in, even with Daemon.

Every time he says strong I lose it lol.

Reactions: Embiid

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
So apparently there will be 3 more seasons of 10 one hour episodes each. Also Miguel Sapochnik, who co-ran HOD with writer Ryan Condal, announced in late August that he would not return Instead, Alan Taylor, has stepped in to take on the role of producer-director of season 2. Guess we will see how much of a difference that makes

Reactions: achdumeingute

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad