OT: All Things Game of Thrones III (The End!?)

Who sits on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Wouldn't it make more sense for Dany to head back to Essos? She is monster in Westeros but still has supporters in Essos

Of course she would probably have trouble explaining to them what the hell happened to the massive army of Dothraki and Unsullied that went with her as well as why all her advisors are dead and 2 of her 3 dragons are missing

There is just no way Daario is doing a good job.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
It's how Cersei started; she wasn't always mad. Ruthless and ambitious, but she doesn't start losing grip until later.

I expect Tyrion to be executed shortly.

Agree on both. I'm not sure how Tyrion isnt dead once Dany finally hops off her rage wagon and realizes Jamie isnt there.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Dany is going to want Tyrion dead. Whether she gets offed before Tyrion does is another question.

She's going to know that someone released Jaime because well they had a prisoner and then magically they didn't.

Reactions: Rebels57

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
I don't have a problem with that. She got to a point with the Hound that she trusted him and she did not want to die. That simple to me. I don't think she should be the one to kill Dany. I think she should, as you said, go marry Gendry and live a normal life that she has been thus far robbed of.
She never wanted a normal life if that equates to being a lady, or lady like. She was robbed of her innocence for sure, but not of a preconceived normal life.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Yes, as I said in the last thread I am very disappointed in how Arya SEEMS to be turning out. I don't think it made a lick of sense to have get to where she is in the show, kill the Night King (and Little Finger, and the Frays and the list of others she got to or wanted to get to but was beaten to the punch), go all the way to KL to kill Cersei, get to Cersei, then change her mind entirely and try to escape. So why wouldn't she run home to Gendry and marry him? What the **** else is she going to do? I have not seen the teaser yet but I wouldn't put much stock in it. She should have died trying to kill Cersei, or she should have killed Cersei. To have her say "**** it I am not going to kill Cersei" but then turn around and presumably go kill Dany...why? Cersei was pretty much number one on her list the entire time and she gave up two seconds before completing it. But now she's gonna kill Dany (or whatever the other options are) and not go home and marry Gendry? Doesn't make sense. Sorry for the visibly irritated response but Arya was like my favorite character on this show and probably any other show and I just feel like they ruined her. Haha.

Actually it makes plenty of sense as part of her character arc development

She regained a little of her humanity when Hound grabbed her and gave her what essentially was a father/daughter plea not to follow in his footsteps

She realized in that moment that she wanted to live and as we saw tried to rescue that girl , her mother and people hiding by leading them to tunnels

To me the Arya regaining some shred of humanity was a very positive moment that seemed to go unnoticed by many who simply wanted to see her kill Cersei

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Yeah, your way or Beef's. Otherwise it's shot down in a bunch of namby-pamby crying and white knighting.

Yeah, no. I've been critical of the show for quite some time. Just not whining about minor details, or details I haven't been paying attention to since season 1, like Danys character arc.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
She never wanted a normal life if that equates to being a lady, or lady like. She was robbed of her innocence for sure, but not of a preconceived normal life.

Yeah, her idea of a normal/ideal life doesn't involve marriage and being a lady. That wasn't taken from her at all.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Davos is on it too, so maybe the two of them bail. Not like Dave will be pleased about his hometown being glassed.

Davos was only involved, or at least this is how I took it, in smuggling them from the dinghy to pentos. Since they never made it to the dinghy, Davos should be fine.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

I never said her idea of a normal life meant she had to be a lady, but i'm sure she is sick of being on a constant murdering mission at this point though lol.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
True, but he still might be willing to get Tyrion out. Who knows. We'll just have to see how it plays out.

Definitely. If that's the case I'd expect him to be dealt with. But as it pertains to Jamie I think hes safe.

Will be curious to see if they 'confirm' that death on screen or not. I'd imagine Dany will want some sort of confirmation, be it finding the bodies or just a mention that they found them from an unsullied search party or whatever.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Dany is going to want Tyrion dead. Whether she gets offed before Tyrion does is another question.

She's going to know that someone released Jaime because well they had a prisoner and then magically they didn't.

Yep my guess is she will be looking to execute Tyrion and Jon next episode

No doubt Greyworm will be telling her about Jon's actions with soldiers immediately upon seeing her

I have always hated Greyworm and wanted him dead for sometime

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I never said her idea of a normal life meant she had to be a lady, but i'm sure she is sick of being on a constant murdering mission at this point though lol.

That's definitely true. That was confirmed when she turned away from entering the Keep.

So far I have two huge complaints: Botching the end of Jaime's arc because you had to have him bang Brienne for no reason at all, and (this is something I mentioned a couple weeks ago) asking me to believe that Dany's eastern empire is an afterthought and that Daario of all people is holding it together; really, no mention of it at all? Not even passing comments?

I'm still bothered by Tormund's reduction to clown status as well but that isn't exactly a major plot point.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yep my guess is she will be looking to execute Tyrion and Jon next episode

No doubt Greyworm will be telling her about Jon's actions with soldiers immediately upon seeing her

I have always hated Greyworm and wanted him dead for sometime

Oh yeah for sure, but she will fail, and then she will die.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Actually it makes plenty of sense as part of her character arc development

She regained a little of her humanity when Hound grabbed her and gave her what essentially was a father/daughter plea not to follow in his footsteps

She realized in that moment that she wanted to live and as we saw tried to rescue that girl , her mother and people hiding by leading them to tunnels

To me the Arya regaining some shred of humanity was a very positive moment that seemed to go unnoticed by many who simply wanted to see her kill Cersei

Arya shedding her Terminator identity to become something like a person again has been good storytelling. You never heard her being fiercely about her family, she was always fiercely about revenge. Now she has her family back and there is more to life than vengeance.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Some of the level of nitpicking is laughable

On YT one of the reactors brought up Euron not finding out baby wasn't his to show how awful this season was. Who the hell was asking for more Euron? Who the hell clamors for him finding out baby wasn't his?

Seriously there are ton of guys walking round who think the kid they are holding is their own when it isn't in real life. I know two guys who were deceived into that (One of them even had to pay child support for kid that turned out not to be his). It certainly was not something I was sitting watching show going "OMG how can they kill Euron off without him knowing about truth of Cersei's baby"

Its people getting up in arms over the dumbest stuff like that which leads to many people rolling eyes at a large amount of hate/flak this season is getting

Is it as good as early years? No
Is it still enjoyable? To me and most it is yes

This show has been a great feat of TV and enjoyable for me and I will certainly be happy to have had all 8 seasons of it in end

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I think you have to step back and appreciate the fact that TV show Euron is a totally different character than book Euron, and when you think about how unique and ridiculous his character is, then you kinda get it.

• Wow

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Euron is Wildcard Charlie in pirate-king form and I don't think I'd have wanted to shoehorn him into enough showtime to flesh him out into a more complex character. Dude is different and it's fine. Likewise for Vargo Hoat/Locke.

Actually let's all be thankful that Vargo didn't make it in as an accurate portrayal.

Reactions: Starat327

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad