OT: All Things Game of Thrones III (The End!?)

Who sits on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Oh god look it up. It was a disgusting revolt in video game culture that unified the toxic elements in that culture and from there the extreme negativity just spilled across the spectrum.

Sounds vaguely familiar. This was in online gaming culture right?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Sounds vaguely familiar. This was in online gaming culture right?

Yeah. Once that detonated the toxic elements everywhere else got worse too.

It isn't helped by the fact that Russia is eager to exploit and and deepen any conflict within our culture, their troll accounts were found to be working hard to dump gasoline on pop culture fires.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yeah. Once that detonated the toxic elements everywhere else got worse too.

It isn't helped by the fact that Russia is eager to exploit and and deepen any conflict within our culture, their troll accounts were found to be working hard to dump gasoline on pop culture fires.

If only the current administration viewed Russia as the threat to America that they actually are..but I digress.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
A lot of fans are upset with the show. A lot of the cast members are upset with the show. A large number of virtue signalers are happy with the show's ultimate conclusion. Detractors use varying non-show sources, including fan-fic/alternate theories, to support complaints, and are told that's not the show's intent, nor the material the show put forth. Supporters of the show use various non-show materials, including ret-con/alternate theories, to support the reasonableness, and contextualize the decisions of D&D, to validate the prestige and general approved acceptance of the show.
Thus, those that are critical are part of a toxic cultural of complaining for the sake of complaining.

#perfectlogic

Conclusion:
Something something Russia?

Edit- Maybe much like Citizen Kane, or It's a Wonderful Life, the GoT ending will be panned today by a number of people, only to be later appreciated on a larger scale by those many years into the future. It took Kane about 15 years to gain traction as the celebrated work it now is, and Wonderful Life languished for approx 30 years before gaining it's footing as a film classic.

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Well, I guess that’s a thing, I don’t know anything about that. That rating looks valid to me, but you know my opinion

My opinion is based on the show losing quality and nothing more.

It's a thing and it sucks. Nothing can be average, mediocre, or fine anymore. For a vast swathe of the internet everything is great, or only garbage.

Star Wars is overall a better example than GOT. At least this show has over 70 episodes to pick apart. All the hatred combining on a few films rather than spreading across hours and hours of content creates quite the festival of crap.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
A straw man is a form of argument and an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent. One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man."

I'm taking the lead of the first use of the term in this discussion. If it was misapplied in the beginning, mayhaps I misapplied it as well. Equating the discontent expressed by GoT viewers to that of Gamergate is incorrect. While there may be a semblance of pitchforks and etc., there is not the proclaimed toxic culture present- a culture deemed such due to the prevalent hate on a specific group of people due to their gender.

Last edited:

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
It's a thing and it sucks. Nothing can be average, mediocre, or fine anymore. For a vast swathe of the internet everything is great, or only garbage.

Star Wars is overall a better example than GOT. At least this show has over 70 episodes to pick apart. All the hatred combining on a few films rather than spreading across hours and hours of content creates quite the festival of crap.

I found the new Star Wars awful as well, but other than this site I only complain about it with my friends.

People definitely get embarrassing on social media\internet about this stuff, like stupid petitions to change the show.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'm taking the lead of the first use of the term in this discussion. If it was misapplied in the beginning, mayhaps I misapplied it as well. Equating the discontent expressed by GoT viewers to that of Gamergate is incorrect. While there may be a semblance of pitchforks and etc., there is not the proclaimed toxic culture present- a culture deemed such due to the prevalent hate on a specific group of people due to their gender.

You implied I argued something I didn't and argued that false point instead. That's why I used it.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I found the new Star Wars awful as well, but other than this site I only complain about it with my friends.

People definitely get embarrassing on social media\internet about this stuff, like stupid petitions to change the show.

You find them awful, but I bet you aren't in a meme community that spends every day of the last few years ranting about how every aspect of the films is the worst thing ever created by humans.

That's the kind of culture of extreme negativity that exists right now, and its gravity influences just about everything now. It's cool to hate.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
You find them awful, but I bet you aren't in a meme community that spends every day of the last few years ranting about how every aspect of the films is the worst thing ever created by humans.

That's the kind of culture of extreme negativity that exists right now, and its gravity influences just about everything now. It's cool to hate.

That would be correct

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad