Value of: All Things Elias Pettersson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Where is all this smoke coming from?
The Canucks GM openly stating that they want to sign him to a contract. At term and money that he wants. Rumors are that they offered him 12 million over 8. Yes they are just rumors. We don't have a copy of the offer to post on the internet.

He was also offered the same deal that Hughs had last time. And he turned it down and wanted the shorter deal. He also turned down the captaincy. He said in the boat interview that it was all about winning. Now the team is winning but his position is unchanged. You don't move off a team with Quinn Hughs if your main goal is winning.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
See I don't think a good team would want him with that attitude. I picture him more on a team like Anaheim or San Jose
Many Canucks fans overplay his attitude and they seem to think that no 10 million+ player has slumps or bad games. So beware of where that information is coming from.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
If I was the GM of a rival, I would constantly be dropping these kinds of rumours on Vancouver, knowing how effectively it derails things.

In the middle of a playoff series? Plant a rumour Petey is leaving if they lose.
This is genuinely not a bad idea lol.

Anything to win.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Wings could offer likely a better package than anyone.

Simon Edvinsson + Marco Kasper + 1st + whatever else

Pettersson, Debrincat, Kane, Larkin, Raymond, Seider, Nate Danielson, Axel Sandin Pellikka, Cossa, Augustine would be GROSS 🤮
Canucks owner is going to demand proven players back if EP40 is going the other way, so unless one of Larkin, Seider, or Raymond is involved I doubt Detroit wins out, even if it's better from a value standpoint.

Reactions: Canucks LB

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
I wonder what jack Hughes would cost it would obviously be Pettersson+ due to the contract differences but that would be an interesting potential trade,

Pettersson + Willander for Hughes?

JimmyJiveJones

Jan 28, 2019
If I was the GM of a rival, I would constantly be dropping these kinds of rumours on Vancouver, knowing how effectively it derails things.

In the middle of a playoff series? Plant a rumour Petey is leaving if they lose.
And Vancouver fans just love to turn on their own players and wonder why players dont wanna play here.

• Haha
Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
As much as an offseason Rantanen+ trade for Petey would at once be a good haul for Vancouver and make the Avalanche a better team, CMac just doesn't have the balls for something like that IMO. Would be fun, but I think Mikko + Mack et al are just too tight and would rather keep trying to win together rather than break up the band. Will be interesting to see what kind of contract he signs though

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I wonder what jack Hughes would cost it would obviously be Pettersson+ due to the contract differences but that would be an interesting potential trade,

Pettersson + Willander for Hughes?
Petey with the contract differences would still be worth the same or more than jack hughes.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Depends on how far they go in the playoffs this year, if they're a first round exit, he maybe explores being moved in the summer, if they go at least to the WCF or Finals, I can see him staying in Vancouver. That's a tough cap hit to handle at 12-13m or whatever he's projected to go after. It's one of those things, if they move him at the TDL, they risk losing the edge in scoring heading into the playoffs, but if there's a deal that adds some incredible pieces and opens up cap to say...the JR/Allvin special of ex-Pens and Guentzel is on their radar with cap space, they could be just fine and add enough scoring depth to be better.

That left side is pretty rough and if they can move Pettersson to add a top 6 winger and a young prospect, with Elias being RFA, it gives a team some flexibility but I believe because he's RFA, to get the 8yr deal he'd have to do a sign+trade (like Tkachuk with Flames situation) or whatever that rule is.

This is a team like Arizona can offer whatever they want, they'd probably want to see if they can re-sign him and there's zero chance Elias will want to sign there even at league max.

As a Pens fan, I'd happily do Rust + Guentzel for Pettersson, pending Rust & Guentzel's injury updates and what not, but that would be contingent on Jake wanting to re-sign in Vancouver. There could be incentives for him to do that there, familiar with the management and coaching staff, his close friend Boeser is there and they're both repped by the same agent. Rust and Jake add serious playoff pedigree as well, also coach familiarity.

Rust is hanging back in Pittsburgh but Jake is travelling with the Penguins on the 4 game road trip, which is curious.

Feb 19, 2018
He’s going to sign in Vancouver but I’m betting it’s not a max term deal as it’s been reported he doesn’t want that. I’m betting they meet in the middle and it’s a 4 year deal where he takes a little less in order to build a contender and solidify what he’s been saying all along about playing on a winning team.

Right now his character is being put into question and I’m sure he’s upset about it but it’s kind of on him at this point even though he said he was going to wait until the off-season to talk contracts.

The team I understand would be upset as well because they are trying to build and plan a winner but can’t without knowing what he’s going to do.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Depends on how far they go in the playoffs this year, if they're a first round exit, he maybe explores being moved in the summer,
Gotta laugh at the Canucks haters hyping up the first round of the playoffs. They think all the trash they talked about the Canucks for 82 games will be vindicated if they lose in the first round. Its not like any good NHL team lost in the first round. No. Never. They are just salivating for that moment.

The Presidents trophy winning 2006 Detroit Red Wings , Captained by Steve Yzerman with Lidstrom and Shanahan wearing A's, were a bad team because they lost in the first round to the Edmonton Oilers. :laugh: Who would want to sign there.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Gotta laugh at the Canucks haters hyping up the first round of the playoffs. They think all the trash they talked about the Canucks for 82 games will be vindicated if they lose in the first round. Its not like any good NHL team lost in the first round. No. Never. They are just salivating for that moment.

The Presidents trophy winning 2006 Detroit Red Wings , Captained by Steve Yzerman with Lidstrom and Shanahan wearing A's, were a bad team because they lost in the first round to the Edmonton Oilers. :laugh: Who would want to sign there.
No clue what you're on about.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
So what's his deal anyway, any clue as to why he won't sign in Vancouver? Top team, nice city, what's not to like?

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
The only teams I can see him signing for are teams that don't have a #1c but are still good teams. Bruins, Dallas, and the Rangers are the only teams I can think of who would love a guy like Pettersson, but they don't have the assets to do it. So any trade with those teams is going painful for the Canucks.

I don't think Boston and the Rangers would have the appetite to rebuild. Dallas probably wants to retool as well since some young guys are entering the league. Why would Pettersson go to a team like Buffalo, who made the playoffs how long ago?

But if the Canucks make a run, I don't see why he would leave?
The Kings have good C depth on paper at first glance but Kopi is old and can't do it forever and PLD just can't get his shit together. Kings have some nice young pieces too.

I will genuinely feel for Canucks fans if he doesn't resign though. After all of these years things finally come together and then he bolts? You won't get good straight up value for him so basically almost have to commit to a small rebuild if he goes getting young pieces like Brandt Clarke or more likely Byfield. (Please don't say Byfield is off the table for EP).

I get not wanting to trade Fantilli.. And for 99.9% of situations that makes sense. But if you're getting a young 40g,100pts centre capable of playing Selke level D... You do it imo. That is exactly what you're praying for Fantilli to become, and there is zero guarantee he will get there, let alone eclipse that.
Yeah, the guys people are trying to say are off limits for a 25 year old top 5-7 center in the league are laughable.

EP is a top 10 league wide asset.

Last edited:
Reactions: Szechwan

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
If you want to look for a sign that Pettersson is actually moving, look for the Canucks to sign Lindholm soon.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
And Vancouver fans just love to turn on their own players and wonder why players dont wanna play here.
Yah, we are the only fanbase that does this..... it's not like this literally happens everywhere with every sport or anything......

Also the player in question hasn't signed, if he wanted this to go away he has great power to make that happen, we love the player, we are weary of him leaving at the end of the year leaving us with nothing, why the shit shouldn't we be?

Not to mention how streaky he has looked lately, how sloppy his play has been lately, or how disinterested he has looked lately, no we can't criticize the adult hockey player here...... because lord knows this wouldn't happen in every major hockey market across the continent or anything..........

Reactions: PavelBure10

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
you-will-never-get-this-haha.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad