Value of: All Things Elias Pettersson

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoCanuck

Jay Beagle? In THIS economy?
Jan 17, 2005
North Vancouver B.C.
If EP40 hits free agency. NYR will be at the top of the bidding. He was there number 1 pick and tried everything to move up and get him.

I would imagine there is still an extremely high interest here. Canucks would be stupid to let him walk though. Break the bank.
He's an RFA.
In no way, shape, form or ethereal thought would they ever left him hit free agency by not qualifying him/not trading him first.

Is this Tkachuk 2.0?

Mitts
Savoie/Kulich/Ostlund
Henri Jokiharju
2024 1st
Cozens, Savoie, 2024 unprotected 1st was something thrown around that is in some realm of reality.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
The only teams I can see him signing for are teams that don't have a #1c but are still good teams. Bruins, Dallas, and the Rangers are the only teams I can think of who would love a guy like Pettersson, but they don't have the assets to do it. So any trade with those teams is going painful for the Canucks.

I don't think Boston and the Rangers would have the appetite to rebuild. Dallas probably wants to retool as well since some young guys are entering the league. Why would Pettersson go to a team like Buffalo, who made the playoffs how long ago?

But if the Canucks make a run, I don't see why he would leave?

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
The only teams I can see him signing for are teams that don't have a #1c but are still good teams. Bruins, Dallas, and the Rangers are the only teams I can think of who would love a guy like Pettersson, but they don't have the assets to do it. So any trade with those teams is going painful for the Canucks.

I don't think Boston and the Rangers would have the appetite to rebuild. Dallas probably wants to retool as well since some young guys are entering the league. Why would Pettersson go to a team like Buffalo, who made the playoffs how long ago?

But if the Canucks make a run, I don't see why he would leave?
Dallas 100% has the assets to acquire Pettersson. Johnston, Stankoven, Bourque, Bichsel, their 1st, etc.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
I get not wanting to trade Fantilli.. And for 99.9% of situations that makes sense. But if you're getting a young 40g,100pts centre capable of playing Selke level D... You do it imo. That is exactly what you're praying for Fantilli to become, and there is zero guarantee he will get there, let alone eclipse that.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Tough to beat the Colorado offer earlier in the thread

Leafs should throw their hat in the ring and offer Marner+, though

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I'd trade a lot from the Habs, but they're not ready to push to be a playoff contender, let alone a contender. The addition of Pettersson just makes them playoff contenders, so he would sign long-term here.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Regardless of the reason (taxes, winning, AAV, anonymity), none of them really make sense for why he'd leave Vancouver just to sign in a place like Ottawa or Montreal.
If EP 40 leaves it’s to go to a US market where he will have total anonymity away from the rink. No other factor imo has any bearing.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
If EP 40 leaves it’s to go to a US market where he will have total anonymity away from the rink. No other factor imo has any bearing.
I would not wanna be the team that overpays for EP, both in terms of assets and cap space. He does not seem like the guy that's going to put the team on his back come playoff time

Avs44

May 16, 2011
He has always struck me as someone who cares far more about his own personal brand than winning the SC.
Out of curiosity, what do you mean by "brand"? He seems like a pretty quiet, private individual, no?

Or do you think he's waiting to get to a big American market so he can transform himself into a TikTok influencer with a mediocre fashion line and a broccoli haircut?

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
Anyone on the Rangers not named Fox or Shesterkin is available to Allvin in this situation. Chytil is cooked at age 24, Zibanejad is showing his age already and Trocheck will soon after, the C depth on the Rangers is questionable on their pursuit for a Stanley Cup. This Rangers team has been itching for a true blockbuster since the Eichel talks. Lot of soon to be RFA's on the Rangers, Kakko, Lindgren, Miller, Lafreniere, Schneider, healthy amount of B-level prospects, good roster depth, only if Drury has the balls to pursue it and not lowball Vancouver could a deal be made here. I made a thread about a year ago regarding Pettersson and NYR possibility and was laughed at but here he is in a confused state with VAN just like I predicted.

Rangers were VERY interested in Pettersson back in 2017 so much so they were actively thinking about moving down from the #7 they had just traded for to get him. Rangers had to take the Swedish scraps that year in Lias Andersson but the entire time they were shooting big for Pettersson, Drury was around for it all.

Granted, this is off-season blockbuster type moves that would probably only be entertained by a team like the Rangers if they mentally give up and lose in the 1st round again.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
He’s an RFA, so you would be giving up 4 first round picks
Rfa with 1 year left then free agency. Canucks fans are so going to be disappointed in his market. lol or his worth. No team is giving him what he wants and also willing to pay the asset to get him

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
Congrats on being the mayor of wrongville
Nah I can’t wait till Canucks fans come back to reality world where teams bow out because they rather not pay assets it’s takes to get a certain player and pay that player what he wants or risk he will leave lol apparently Canucks fans seem to forget reality exists

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Nah I can’t wait till Canucks fans come back to reality world where teams bow out because they rather not pay assets it’s takes to get a certain player and pay that player what he wants or risk he will leave lol apparently Canucks fans seem to forget reality exists
What’s your plan to take the city of Wrongville to the next level?

rea

Feb 8, 2011
If ufa bound lindholm can return a 1st plus a good prospect, a monahan can return a 1st, an asking price presumed On a buchnevich expected to be 2 1sts plus, I'm sure an rfa of eps stature will get his weight in gold and more. That's assuming this is even an issue which I prefer it not to be

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
If ufa bound lindholm can return a 1st plus a good prospect, a monahan can return a 1st, an asking price presumed On a buchnevich expected to be 2 1sts plus, I'm sure an rfa of eps stature will get his weight in gold and more. That's assuming this is even an issue which I prefer it not to be
@Joseph Nathan

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
If the Canucks aim to compete now, while Miller is at his peak, then targeting the BPA (+ another solid asset) in a Pettersson deal makes sense.

I also think you need to factor in that if he isn't going to sign in Vancouver, you have to assume he isn't going to sign in Canada at all, nor in any major hockey markets.

So players like Marner or Stützle would be the foundation of a solid return, but I don't think he'd re-sign there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad