Value of: All Things Elias Pettersson

Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
If EP 40 leaves it’s to go to a US market where he will have total anonymity away from the rink. No other factor imo has any bearing.
I'd argue the team being a contender would also factor in. So, like, Dallas, but not Columbus or San Jose.

Reactions: Fatass

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Nah I can’t wait till Canucks fans come back to reality world where teams bow out because they rather not pay assets it’s takes to get a certain player and pay that player what he wants or risk he will leave lol apparently Canucks fans seem to forget reality exists
Not a single Canucks fan gives a f***. Give it a rest.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Out of curiosity, what do you mean by "brand"? He seems like a pretty quiet, private individual, no?

Or do you think he's waiting to get to a big American market so he can transform himself into a TikTok influencer with a mediocre fashion line and a broccoli haircut?
Prior to his last contract, there was some stuff going on that was talked about on here. I believe he posted some books on Instagram that sort of relate to 'building your brand' and his agent was using a lot of language along the lines of 'believes in himself.'

I wish I had more particulars, but I've done a lot of drinking to try and forget the Benning years. Sorry.

platotld

Fly Canucks Fly
Jun 18, 2014
Fraser valley
Makes me sick to think about it, but ya know... if he don't wanna stay then .....

Gabe Perreault​

Brennan Othmann​

Rangers 1st 2025

K'ANDRE MILLER​

ALEXIS LAFRENIÈRE ...​

FOR

PETEY PETEYSON 25% REATINED
TYLER MYERS 25% RETAINED THIS SEAON

Now wtf would we do this as Canucks, well upgrade on D, and a good young peice in Alexis... and cap dollars for say Jake G for playoffs. Then we can sign pretty much everyone.

I expect to be blasted but why not, those tweo propects are B's on any other team and the first yall know will be top 20 to 30 so shutup and eat it.

Last edited:

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Makes me sick to think about it, but ya know... if he don't wanna stay then .....

Gabe Perreault​

Brennan Othmann​

Rangers 1st 2025

K'ANDRE MILLER​

ALEXIS LAFRENIÈRE ...​

FOR

Now wtf would we do this as Canucks, well upgrade on D, and a good young peice in Alexis... and cap dollars for say Jake G for playoffs. Then we can sign pretty much everyone.

I expect to be blasted but why not, those tweo propects are B's on any other team and the first yall know will be top 20 to 30 so shutup and eact it.
Zac Jones has to be included as well, is that fair @Chainshot @EdJovanovski ?

Reactions: AirGut

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016

Gabe Perreault​

Brennan Othmann​

Rangers 1st 2025

K'ANDRE MILLER​

ALEXIS LAFRENIÈRE ...​

FOR

I expect to be blasted but why not, those tweo propects are B's on any other team and the first yall know will be top 20 to 30 so shutup and eact it.
A Rangers fan thought Pettersson was worth Perrault, 1st, and Kakko and then tried to gaslight me when I said that was terrible value for Petey. Good luck lol.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI

Gabe Perreault​

Brennan Othmann​

Rangers 1st 2025

K'ANDRE MILLER​

ALEXIS LAFRENIÈRE ...​

FOR

Perreault is not a B prospect in any world. I’d be willing to trade almost anything for Pettersson but this is too much.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I dont think there’s any question he’s angling to get to Chicago :naughty:

platotld

Fly Canucks Fly
Jun 18, 2014
Fraser valley
Perreault is not a B prospect in any world. I’d be willing to trade almost anything for Pettersson but this is too much.

Well I say really is, here is my found efforts :

2.) Gabe Perreault​

Gabe Perreault, the new addition to the Rangers, was just drafted 23rd overall in the most recent draft. The forward is coming off a season where he scored 132 points in 63 games with the USNTDP. That includes 45 points in 23 USHL contests. Currently, Perreault is slated to play with Boston College in the NCAA this season.

Moving to the NCAA level will give Perreault a lighter game schedule. That’s important, as the forward is on the slimmer side, at 5’11” and 165 pounds. That schedule will give him an opportunity to focus on getting in the weight room more and bulking up. Moving onto greener pastures will also allow him to answer the questions on whether he is a legit prospect or a by-product of a stacked NTDP roster. Working on his skating and weight will allow him to take real strides towards reaching the NHL level. The raw skills are there, and he is a dynamic playmaker. Can he put all the pieces together?

Analysis: If we were organizing by tiers, Perreault and Othmann would be alone in the top group. Neither is considered a star-level prospect, but they’re clearly the best in the system at the moment.

I began the process open-minded to ranking either No. 1, but found the consensus strongly favored this year’s first-round selection. I can tell you that five of the six scouts, executives and prospect experts I posed that question to picked Perreault, with the main reason being what most consider an elite hockey IQ and feel for the game offensively. Othmann is two years older and much closer to being NHL-ready (there’s a decent chance he’ll debut at some point this season), so there’s obviously some projection involved.

22. New York Rangers​

Previous Ranking: 20

Top Five Prospects: Gabe Perreault, Brennan Othmann, Adam Sykora, Bryce McConnell-Barker, Dylan Garand

The New York Rangers have many incredibly talented young players who have already broken into the NHL full time which is why they aren’t higher on this list, although they still have a good number of players I think will have real value in the NHL someday. Guys like Adam Sykora and Bryce McConnell-Barker look like they could factor into the Rangers’ bottom-six forward group in just a few years while Gabe Perreault and Brennan Othmann each have a chance at cracking the top-six group.

Gabe Perreault was a prospect I was quite high on entering the 2023 Draft, but I understand why he fell to the Rangers at 23rd overall. His skinny frame and skating issues are certainly worrisome from an NHL projection standpoint, but in the late-teens to early 20s of the first round I really think teams were leaving a lot of potential on the table by passing on Perreault. He’s got high-end skill and hockey sense which should make him an imposing figure on an NHL power play someday even if he can’t be a dominant player at even strength.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
I get the sense that Pettersson doesn’t do well with media attention and would do best in smaller markets. I’ll be honest, he does seem like a bit of a brat sometimes. I picture him somewhere warm with a competitive team too…like Florida, Vegas, Dallas, etc. I’d happily trade him for the right package.

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Wings could offer likely a better package than anyone.

Simon Edvinsson + Marco Kasper + 1st + whatever else

Pettersson, Debrincat, Kane, Larkin, Raymond, Seider, Nate Danielson, Axel Sandin Pellikka, Cossa, Augustine would be GROSS 🤮

Last edited:

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
They all said jack Eichel is once a decade acquisition, well, now we might have a second once a decade acquisition within less than a decade.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
I'd do Leo Carlsson, dudes the next Pettersson
Why would a rebuilding team trade an 18 year old 2nd OA stud for Pettersson? He's a great player but his age doesn't fit the rebuild. He's also a year out from UFA if he decides to force his way there. He's going to get paid in the neighborhood of $12m when he does decide to sign. He's just not a fit for a rebuilding team.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
They all said jack Eichel is once a decade acquisition, well, now we might have a second once a decade acquisition within less than a decade.
Same with McDavid being a generational talent yet we got Makar and Bedard a few years later.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I get the sense that Pettersson doesn’t do well with media attention and would do best in smaller markets. I’ll be honest, he does seem like a bit of a brat sometimes. I picture him somewhere warm with a competitive team too…like Florida, Vegas, Dallas, etc. I’d happily trade him for the right package.
See I don't think a good team would want him with that attitude. I picture him more on a team like Anaheim or San Jose

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
See I don't think a good team would want him with that attitude. I picture him more on a team like Anaheim or San Jose

I don’t think they’ll know he has that attitude until it is too late. They’ll just be thrilled that he chose them. All that said, I do think he is an excellent player. And he could excel there.

I’d be shocked if he signed in Anaheim or San Jose since they aren’t competitive.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I don’t think they’ll know he has that attitude until it is too late. They’ll just be thrilled that he chose them. All that said, I do think he is an excellent player. And he could excel there.

I’d be shocked if he signed in Anaheim or San Jose since they aren’t competitive.
Ehh I can't see contenders like Vegas, Dallas, and Florida nuking their cap structure and blowing assets on a guy that could be a problem child.

Beggars can't be choosers. If he wants anonymity and money he'll have to sacrifice winning.

Carolina is the only good southern team that might have the assets and space, but overpaying a forward goes against everything they've ever done, and he doesn't seem like a Rod kinda player

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
If EP 40 leaves it’s to go to a US market where he will have total anonymity away from the rink. No other factor imo has any bearing.
He said he wanted to experience what Messi experienced. So that is not true.

He seems to have his eye set on New York. He can be a small fish in New York. But still be a star hockey player. They still care about their hockey team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad