Status
Not open for further replies.

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
Lets goto the tapes

Lets goto the tapes

When the US had less than 10 cases nationally at the end of Jan. (less than 2 weeks after WHO said there was no evidence of human to human transmission) Trump declared a health emergency, announced the travel restrictions, and created the task force.

I will use this as a good teaching point. This is a good lesson in fake/bias news. Look at the twitter of that guy who posted that and tell me there isn't an agenda. He is a self professed member of "the resistance" and "exposed Trump/Russia collusion" (which by the way was proven to not have happened.)

Last edited by a moderator:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
When the US had less than 10 cases nationally at the end of Jan. (less than 2 weeks after WHO said there was no evidence of human to human transmission) Trump declared a health emergency, announced the travel restrictions, and created the task force.

I will use this as a good teaching point. This is a good lesson in fake/bias news. Look at the twitter of that guy who posted that and tell me there isn't an agenda. He is a self professed member of "the resistance" and "exposed Trump/Russia collusion" (which by the way was proven to not have happened.) You should be ashamed for even sharing that.

You're almost there. Now why don't you talk about the travel ban. Who did it allow and who did it stop?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

I will use this as a good teaching point. This is a good lesson in fake/bias news. Look at the twitter of that guy who posted that and tell me there isn't an agenda. He is a self professed member of "the resistance" and "exposed Trump/Russia collusion" (which by the way was proven to not have happened.) You should be ashamed for even sharing that.

incredibly interesting and a pattern here. When confronted with something not liked , make it personal.

No where here did I.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

i don’t care who he is or what he’s a member of...he didn’t say anything in the video. All direct quotes from Don.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
“this is a public health decision and it is the right decision.”

The worst part is that it’s true. A very sobering and crushing moment indeed

When this all started 8 weeks ago I mentally made the 4th of July the goal that this was over.

I think I knew that was unrealistic but it still is heartbreaking to know it is official.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
When this all started 8 weeks ago I mentally made the 4th of July the goal that this was over.

I think I knew that was unrealistic but it still is heartbreaking to know it is official.

I've been assuming at least through the end of 2020, and probably more accurately, well into 2021. Sucks.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I've been pretty down all day and the cancellation of the 4th of July made me cry. I don't dare go to the concert but watching it on tv is a tradition.

I do hope by 4th of July it will be safe enough to have a few friends over to have a small bbq to celebrate.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
because its a difficult argument to say he stopped only the dirtiest part of the same turd.

If you were running a prison and had to do a lockdown, and there were 500 inmates, but you allowed 200 of them to leave, what did you really stop? The sheer amount of stupid it takes to invoke that as if it's a real measure to contain this virus is astounding. You didn't stop people from coming in from contaminated areas. You only stopped specific people from doing so, while plenty of others came in freely for weeks.

Reactions: Alicat and hrdpuk

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I've been assuming at least through the end of 2020, and probably more accurately, well into 2021. Sucks.
thats pretty much what my company is planning on.

We got word this morning from North America corporate.

Current plan , as long as aligned with local governments, begin phase back in starting June 1.
No site to have beyond 30% of building capacity until further notice but plan on throughout 2020.
Assemble teams in clusters where possible . hours/shifts/days of week.
All personal daily thermal scans on entry. PPE - masks and gloves - on at all times except eating.
Rework offices, cubes, meeting rooms to enhance distancing.
For those not in this population plan on Work From Home (my group) indefinitely.
Pandemic, treatments, and new ways of working will determine future increase to sites. Or not.

Reactions: Alicat and LSCII

member 96824

All of your points in the 1st paragraph are correct, as they are fact, but using the rules from the second paragraph, you are bias, so I’m going to disregard them now. Trump never did any of those things because the person who shared them (you) have a bias. No health emergency, no travel ban, no task force

That’s how this works right?

Reactions: TD Charlie

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
You're almost there. Now why don't you talk about the travel ban. Who did it allow and who did it stop?

The travel ban with China seems to have had some effect 2 months later simply because of the West Coast not being hit as hard as the Northeast.

BUT travel from Europe continued for a month and that is the main reason we got to where we are. Cities with airports that are major hubs with Europe were hit hard including Chicago, Detroit, Boston, and most importantly New York City/Newark.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

The EU and the UK were slow to respond to what happened in Italy partially because they were preoccupied with Brexit.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
If you were running a prison and had to do a lockdown, and there were 500 inmates, but you allowed 200 of them to leave, what did you really stop? The sheer amount of stupid it takes to invoke that as if it's a real measure to contain this virus is astounding. You didn't stop people from coming in from contaminated areas. You only stopped specific people from doing so, while plenty of others came in freely for weeks.

It was too little to late for starters. But even beside that, if you wanted to bring only part of the turd in.
It should have been quarantined for weeks. Not put in the cupboard with the rest of the food.

this aint f***ing rocket science.

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
incredibly interesting and a pattern here. When confronted with something not liked , make it personal.

No where here did I.

Saying you should be ashamed doesn't make it personal. If you took a shit on the ground in front of my I'd say the same thing. You posted a politically motivate hit piece and I corrected your perceived truth with facts. It's not a big deal. When confronted with facts that go against such strongly held beliefs as your own it is normal to feel mental stress. It's just you coming to terms with being wrong.

Reactions: ConcordGrapes

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
The travel ban with China seems to have had some effect 2 months later simply because of the West Coast not being hit as hard as the Northeast.

BUT travel from Europe continued for a month and that is the main reason we got to where we are. Cities with airports that are major hubs with Europe were hit hard including Chicago, Detroit, Boston, and most importantly New York City/Newark.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

The EU and the UK were slow to respond to what happened in Italy partially because they were preoccupied with Brexit.
From what I read on a group of scientists that was posted in here in april... the travel bans from Trump were too late and useless, unless you also isolate the pockets of infected/carriers already in the country. Which is near impossible.

Travel ban would only work if it's done before infected travelers from around the globe would travel. In other words, when it first happened in wuhan, not only lockdown is deployed but also Traveling in and out from China.

Followed by international flights bans. Only allowing national flights. Only then bans would work.

Last edited:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Saying you should be ashamed doesn't make it personal. If you took a shit on the ground in front of my I'd say the same thing. You posted a politically motivate hit piece and I corrected your perceived truth with facts. It's not a big deal. When confronted with facts that go against such strongly held beliefs as your own it is normal to feel mental stress. It's just you coming to terms with being wrong.

me thinks your use of the word 'you' so much and not understanding how that in fact does make it personal is also quite interesting.

let me give a try....what do you prefer cherry or grape?

LOLOLOL

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Denial is not only ingrained in your bones but also in your brain. Great job...Donald would be proud...if only he cared for others.

Reactions: lopey

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007

This petty much goes globally, from China to Russia, to Iran, Brazil, even in the US...

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
People complaining we didn't close the borders while living in a state with no state at home order.

We only have a stay at home advisory.

However, stay at home unless you need to go out so enough of us can get it so we reach herd immunity but do not get infected!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad