OT: All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part XIII - MOD ADVISORY POST 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Well here's why. Can you produce just one quote of an "expert" who really is an expert, in other words not Trump, who says it's a good idea to reopen things. Any governor, when considering reopening things looks at it from both an health and economic point of view. The experts only look at it from a health point of view.

Sure, this is right. Which is why I always argue this isn't JUST a health issue, it's one that requires health, economic and policy experts to weigh in on.

The issue of "re-opening" isn't whether it's a good idea or even whether it's going to happen. It IS going to happen everywhere and it should. It's a matter of when. And again, there's no right there, is there? People will suffer and or die based on the decision to stay in lock down or open up and based on the degree of opening up. There's no way around that. So this whole debate comes down to your weight of increased death for the old and vulnerable vs. increased economic suffering and related future deaths for others. It's Sophie's Choice.

DaveFromNB

Sep 6, 2008
Quispamsis, NB
It's not only Americans who can't stand Trump, I think most of the world does too. Please vote this corrupt moron out in November, so sick of all the non-stop lies and twitter crap, just want him to go far away.

The world was laughing at the U.S. when Trump was elected. It's pretty much beyond comprehension that such a despicable human being could be elected president of the richest most powerful nation on earth.

The world is hoping you can't make the same mistake again.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Fighter jets to fly across Mass. to show support for hospital workers - The Boston Globe

Four fighter jets from the Massachusetts National Guard will fly over hospitals across the state Wednesday afternoon to show support for medical workers who are working on the frontlines during the pandemic.
As part of Operation American Resolve, the F-15 Eagles from the 104th Fighter Wing will take off from Barnes Air National Guard Base in Westfield around noon and head toward the eastern part of the state, the Air Force said in a statement. The jets will fly over Boston before looping back west over Worcester, Springfield, and Northampton.
The jets, which will reach speeds up to 300 mph, will be visible to residents near the flyover path, according to Senior Master Sergeant Julie Avey. It’s part of a “very rare” event that only happens once or twice a year with approval from the Air Force, she said.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
It's not only Americans who can't stand Trump, I think most of the world does too. Please vote this corrupt moron out in November, so sick of all the non-stop lies and twitter crap, just want him to go far away.
...assuming there will be an election. I wonder what odds bookies are taking on that.

Reactions: hrdpuk

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
The world was laughing at the U.S. when Trump was elected. It's pretty much beyond comprehension that such a despicable human being could be elected president of the richest most powerful nation on earth.

The world is hoping you can't make the same mistake again.

I can tell you, George W. Bush was also laughed at, called the dumbest person ever, etc. as well. Seemingly any republican president is gonna be a "laughingstock" or unqualified idiot. It's the way it goes, particularly in the Northeast.

And that isn't a defense of Trump, who is obviously brutal. And yes...it would sure be nice if we had better options every 4 years.

Reactions: Spooner st

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
There were a few religious leaders last night that debunked his reason. I can't get into it here but there are a few passages in the old testament that talk about face coverings.
Religious reasons are not in sinc with 2020 new reality. In public they comply or they stay home.

There's no personal believes when your behavior can endanger the population. Full stop.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I can tell you, George W. Bush was also laughed at, called the dumbest person ever, etc. as well. Seemingly any republican president is gonna be a "laughingstock" or unqualified idiot. It's the way it goes, particularly in the Northeast.

And that isn't a defense of Trump, who is obviously brutal. And yes...it would sure be nice if we had better options every 4 years.

well I mean when the two most recent examples struggle to put together sentences they are going to be laughed at.

GW’s dad wasn’t a laughing stock, for instance. This is because he can actually speak and not sound like a buffoon

Idk, maybe I’m misunderestimating dubya tho ;)

Last edited:

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007

So much lies... they say so much lies...
And fires all who disagrees. The China/Russia way...

Well in Russia it's with bullets. Or out the window.

Reactions: hrdpuk and caz16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad