OT: All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part XIII - MOD ADVISORY POST 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
It was intended to scare people. Just like most of the shit CNN puts out there.

Too much of the media is as culpable as any institution in this mess. Way too much effort put to scaring people into staying riveted on their BS. This is like a shark attack to them.

And they wonder why, in turn, Trump spends too much time directing his ire to them. It’s sad he can’t help himself, but man do they deserve it.
We see it differently...let's agree to disagree.

Reactions: Maine Fan

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Can you imagine how they came up with this $1,200 number to start with? Trump and all his wealthy cabinet members that come from wealthy, politically connected families who've never had to actually work a day in their lives? Must have been hilarious. Can we give them $200 bucks and call it a day? No? Uh, what about two grand?Wait that's too much. What's the least we can give them that will seem like a lot to them at the time, but won't really help? About $1,200?

I still think my initial plan of shutting everything down for one month and giving everyone $5,000. was better.
Cant believe the amount of people that have still had to go into work through this.

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
It was intended to scare people. Just like most of the shit CNN puts out there.

Too much of the media is as culpable as any institution in this mess. Way too much effort put to scaring people into staying riveted on their BS. This is like a shark attack to them.

And they wonder why, in turn, Trump spends too much time directing his ire to them. It’s sad he can’t help himself, but man do they deserve it.

Used to love when Opie and Anthony would take the soundbites from local news channels and play them. "Is a common household item found in most homes actually making you get cancer?" Tune in at 11 to find out...

The media is what is has always been. They've literally been doing this forever, and regardless of political leanings, because it's on both sides. It's very easy to say CNN hyped this virus up and it was egregious, and you'd be right. But it's also very easy to say that Fox down played this virus for way too long and it was also egregious, and you'd be right again. I think most reasonable people understand that and account for it when looking at stories and events like we're going through now, and the corresponding media outlets presenting them. Nobody is fooled by it at all in this day and age. Pointing to it like Trump does is nothing more than misdirection.

The issue I have is that the President has typically remained above it all and let the media on media hate towards the opposing view do what it has always done. Now though, this guy not only enjoys the divisiveness but encourages it. I mean, watching him come out to a coronavirus briefing, actually call on a reporter from CNN, only to ignore the question they asked and say that their station is garbage is just so infantile and immature. It was unnecessary and wasted so much time. If you think a media outlet is biased and not truthful, that's fine. Don't give them a platform. Ignore their questions and take them from places you feel are fair. But rather than take the high road, he goes out of his way to take the low road and be that clown. So rather than having a productive briefing that gets the needed info out to the people, it turns into a shit show, which is what he wants.

member 96824

And it's a huge reason why we're all still at home today....

fe3

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Used to love when Opie and Anthony would take the soundbites from local news channels and play them. "Is a common household item found in most homes actually making you get cancer?" Tune in at 11 to find out...

The media is what is has always been. They've literally been doing this forever, and regardless of political leanings, because it's on both sides. It's very easy to say CNN hyped this virus up and it was egregious, and you'd be right. But it's also very easy to say that Fox down played this virus for way too long and it was also egregious, and you'd be right again. I think most reasonable people understand that and account for it when looking at stories and events like we're going through now, and the corresponding media outlets presenting them. Nobody is fooled by it at all in this day and age. Pointing to it like Trump does is nothing more than misdirection.

The issue I have is that the President has typically remained above it all and let the media on media hate towards the opposing view do what it has always done. Now though, this guy not only enjoys the divisiveness but encourages it. I mean, watching him come out to a coronavirus briefing, actually call on a reporter from CNN, only to ignore the question they asked and say that their station is garbage is just so infantile and immature. It was unnecessary and wasted so much time. If you think a media outlet is biased and not truthful, that's fine. Don't give them a platform. Ignore their questions and take them from places you feel are fair. But rather than take the high road, he goes out of his way to take the low road and be that clown. So rather than having a productive briefing that gets the needed info out to the people, it turns into a shit show, which is what he wants.
Maybe next time we’re looking at 3 inches of snow it’d be a time to complain about the media blowing things out of proportion - but these days when we’re literally losing thousands of people every day... not so much.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Hes an idiot. Hurricanes shouldnt happen either. Its how prepared are you to deal with them and lead.
The putz.

Pandemics and viruses will always be around. As well as bacterial infections.

We were doing great until that nasty tornado came out of nowhere and flattened a city in Oklahoma. I blame the Australian government for not letting us know that the butterflies in their country were flapping their wings.... :naughty:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
We were doing great until that nasty tornado came out of nowhere and flattened a city in Oklahoma. I blame the Australian government for not letting us know that the butterflies in their country were flapping their wings.... :naughty:

some of these poor souls are going to be marched to their deaths or bring it back to a loved one.
As we are seeing in bigger numbers - not just the old either.

The essential worker trap

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Maybe next time we’re looking at 3 inches of snow it’d be a time to complain about the media blowing things out of proportion - but these days when we’re literally losing thousands of people every day... not so much.

Well, I think most rational people already accept and account for variances in what the media reports and what actually happens. Which is the point I was making.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Please tell me its the same two guys that stole/found the Sox championship banner and tried to return it but only if they got a reward. That would be perfect...
I don't think it is.

These guys are scum bags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->