OT: All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part XIII - MOD ADVISORY POST 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveFromNB

Sep 6, 2008
Quispamsis, NB

If they design all seating so that social distancing can be followed by everyone, costs go up and all the passengers will need to pay. Maybe that is 2 or 3 times what the fares were before the pandemic. Not sure if Frontier is a bad company because they are seemingly providing an option for not distancing at a lower cost, while letting others distance.

There does come a point where some portion of the population has recovered from Covid and is no longer infectious. Should they need to spend more for a seat to social distance, even though they will neither catch Covid or pass it on?

It is always about the money, because a for-profit company is not going to get rid of two thirds of their seats, still charge the same rate as pre-Covid, and reduce their revenue by two thirds. If we expect airlines to space seats for social distancing, we're going to have to pay it. Or the government will need to fund them to do it.

Irregardless, I have a real difficult time imaging getting on a plane for quite some time to come.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I was lucky enough to go the the Desert Trip concert a few years ago. The Who and Stones were outstanding ( Dylan was Dylan) but the performance that floored me was Neil Young. I had always liked him from Buffalo Springfield and CSNY but seeming him solo was a revelation- just owned the stage and the audience
I saw Neil MANY years ago at the Boston Music Hall (Now the Wang Center) . He was sitting on the stage singing "Needle and the Damage Done" . One loud mouth keep yelling "Sing Southern Man"...Neil stopped playing put his guitar down and walked off. He came back later and said he would get to songs so shut up.

Reactions: Blowfish

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

An ousted federal scientist said he was pressured to steer contracts to clients of a well-connected consultant.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/05/...&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage#link-958c75

“A federal scientist who says he was ousted from his job amid a dispute over an unproven malaria drug promoted by President Trump said on Tuesday that a top official at the Department of Health and Human Services repeatedly pressured him to steer millions of dollars in contracts to the clients of a well-connected lobbyist, Sheryl Gay Stolberg reports.”

Last edited:
Reactions: hrdpuk

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
These things will sort themselves out naturally I think. You can reopen your business , doesn't mean it will viable. If the majority continue to stay home it simply won't work.
The wife and i are above average consumers. We won't go where staff and consumers aren't protected. Not negotiable.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

Is CBS really that desperate to scare people that they’re quoting “mom’s”? Give me a break.

The article is great too. “Despite all the data that says kids are at very little risk”, it can still be tough on a very, very small number of kids.

Great reporting. Literally serves NO purpose but to try to scare people. You would think they would lead with the overwhelmingly good news that kids are at low risk with mild to few symptoms. But, of course not.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The world was laughing at the U.S. when Trump was elected. It's pretty much beyond comprehension that such a despicable human being could be elected president of the richest most powerful nation on earth.

The world is hoping you can't make the same mistake again.
Well Russia helped him and he did not win the popular vote.

If he wins again do you guys have room for an old lady in Canada ?

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Is CBS really that desperate to scare people that they’re quoting “mom’s”? Give me a break.

The article is great too. “Despite all the data that says kids are at very little risk”, it can still be tough on a very, very small number of kids.

Great reporting. Literally serves NO purpose but to try to scare people. You would think they would lead with the overwhelmingly good news that kids are at low risk with mild to few symptoms. But, of course not.
Different people will have different takes on it. Usually the lead of the article is chosen by the editor... not the reporter.

It's the editor job to attract attention of viewers/readers.

And sometimes it can be a good thing...otherwise you would of missed it.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
fits right in with $1200 to live 10 weeks.

so f***ing out of touch with reality.

Can you imagine how they came up with this $1,200 number to start with? Trump and all his wealthy cabinet members that come from wealthy, politically connected families who've never had to actually work a day in their lives? Must have been hilarious. Can we give them $200 bucks and call it a day? No? Uh, what about two grand?Wait that's too much. What's the least we can give them that will seem like a lot to them at the time, but won't really help? About $1,200?

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

A mother of a child who’s going through what these kids are going through is a good source.

Nearly entire Louisiana prison dorm tests positive for virus

192 out of roughly 195

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
You will see Rosie O'Donnell up there I think. And Whoopi. I think they promised to leave us if Trump won. Not sure if they kept that promise though.

You think ???

Well folks do want to fight for OUR country. trump should just take his horrible family and friends and more to Russia.

He won't win. I have faith the good people of this country will get rid of him to save this country.

Last edited:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
If they design all seating so that social distancing can be followed by everyone, costs go up and all the passengers will need to pay. Maybe that is 2 or 3 times what the fares were before the pandemic. Not sure if Frontier is a bad company because they are seemingly providing an option for not distancing at a lower cost, while letting others distance.

There does come a point where some portion of the population has recovered from Covid and is no longer infectious. Should they need to spend more for a seat to social distance, even though they will neither catch Covid or pass it on?

It is always about the money, because a for-profit company is not going to get rid of two thirds of their seats, still charge the same rate as pre-Covid, and reduce their revenue by two thirds. If we expect airlines to space seats for social distancing, we're going to have to pay it. Or the government will need to fund them to do it.

Irregardless, I have a real difficult time imaging getting on a plane for quite some time to come.

Unless there has been some monumental break through in the last 24 hours, the holy grail the science community is seeking, you are incorrect.

That bolded is truly a hope shared by all. But not in anyway, shape or form known or proven.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
It was intended to scare people. Just like most of the shit CNN puts out there.

Too much of the media is as culpable as any institution in this mess. Way too much effort put to scaring people into staying riveted on their BS. This is like a shark attack to them.

And they wonder why, in turn, Trump spends too much time directing his ire to them. It’s sad he can’t help himself, but man do they deserve it.
There are over 60,000 people dead because of this - estimates that at least another 100,000 are on their way, and you think the media is to blame for scaring people?
:skeptic:

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Well folks do want to fight for OUR country. trump should just take his horrible family and friends and more to Russia.

You think ???

Well I’d say if you believe in our country, our country voted for this guy. I know liberal land doesn’t like him, nor any republican for that matter, but major parts of the country do.

I personally don’t like him, but we do have a system in place and clearly many people did like him. Is what it is right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->