Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
EVgRCSsWkAEpOs-

Time for the daily “new low”
EVgx6S9UYAAYLaS

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He did not re-tweet, he responded, there's a clear difference.

His first words in response were "FAKE NEWS" that's not supportive of a tweet.

This is interwebs 101

again, what do you think he was calling fake news?

because it wasn’t the tweet supporting him, I can guarantee that

Reactions: Salem13

member 96824

First as far as I know he did not specify if his power was to end or to continue.

Questions abound on Trumps statement, does he intend to force states to start business as usual or to stop states from moving too soon?

We have heard Texas has plans to begin opening work and some of the Northeastern States have even formed a coalition lets talk about what that could mean.

Legally what can the president do?

Tune in a few hours later when we can get enough people on Skype who now squat to tell us.

Edit: I believe the question valid because a Federal imposed quarantine seems like a plausible action, a Federally imposed return to work order clearly is not.

I fully support harrumphing the President if he claims that power.

I’m not asking in a gotcha way, I’m genuinely curious cause this one came straight from the President on twitter and reaffirmed in today’s presser.

Knowing city>county>state>federal government is the hierarchy, wouldn’t asking a follow up question about how the president intends to use power he doesn’t have qualify as dishonest?

I’m struggling to see where it was a bad thing that reporters pushed back on that and asked why he believes he has that power.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

This is interwebs 101

What?

He used the tweet as “proof” that he somehow reacted appropriately. And the tweet clearly implies an incompetence of Fauci. It then says #firefauci at the bottom. Given Trump’s record of hiring and firing like a madman, wouldn’t any sane free media be all over this? Especially since Fauci seems like possibly the one person associated with Trump that doesn’t 100% tow the line. God forbid THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES be held accountable for his idiotic Tweets.

And also, a large contingent of Trumpers now have taken to the theory that Fauci is working for “the resistance” and needs to be ousted. Jeez, did Trump have anything to do with this growing sentiment on the right?

17of26

Sep 9, 2008

This is interwebs 101

Except that if you actually read past the first two words in Trump's tweet, it's clear that he's calling Fauci's comments fake news.

Original tweet:

Fauci is now saying that had Trump listened to the medical experts earlier he could've saved more lives.
Fauci was telling people on February 29th that there was nothing to worry about and it posed no threat to the US public at large.
Time to #FireFauci...

Retweet:

Sorry Fake News, it’s all on tape. I banned China long before people spoke up. Thank you
@OANN

Trump is clearly referring to Fauci's comments about Trump not listening to the medical experts quickly enough.

To be fair to Trump, it's highly likely that he didn't actually read the entire tweet before retweeting. I doubt he made it through the sentence that didn't have his name in it.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
It is so easy to get off topic considering all that is going on today. I do it often, and for that, I apologize.

Stay Safe Bruins' fans. Stay home Bruins' fans.
Follow all the rules for your safety and others.
And BTW, be kind to all animals, please, their lives matter also.

May God Bless you and all the animals.

We will watch the Bruins together.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
It is so easy to get off topic considering all that is going on today. I do it often, and for that, I apologize.

Stay Safe Bruins' fans. Stay home Bruins' fans.
Follow all the rules for your safety and others.
And BTW, be kind to all animals, please, their lives matter also.

May God Bless you and all the animals.

We will watch the Bruins together.

Seriously, patience is at a premium.

We're all in this to win.

My google maps history is a sad little march from home to work as an essential since March 11th with a few dips into the local Stop&Shop/CVS

I'm scared to death some of the rumors of cats and any pets as carriers, be on the look out of lost fur buddies.

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Seriously, patience is at a premium.

We're all in this to win.

My google maps history is a sad little march from home to work as an essential since March 11th with a few dips into the local Stop&Shop/CVS

I'm scared to death some of the rumors of cats and any pets as carriers, be on the look out of lost fur buddies.

You never know, Nadia a large tiger at the Bronx, NY Zoo was tested and has the same Covid 19 virus as humans. There are other tigers with Covid 19 at the same zoo. All are recovering. Good news for the tigers
Scary for us.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
There are about half a dozen or so posters who have completely derailed this thread with one message. Please give us our thread back. Some of us would prefer to read/ share updates on the virus and not hear about your hatred/ obsession of a certain someone. Your arrogance is nudging me to vote for him in November to spite you.

Has the curve flattened? If so, where? What is the latest in NYC? Any reports on hospitals being overwhelmed? Is there a shortage on masks? Ventilators? Any updates on potential vaccines?

Reactions: Scruffy and Salem13

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
There are about half a dozen or so posters who have completely derailed this thread with one message. Please give us our thread back. Some of us would prefer to read/ share updates on the virus and not hear about your hatred/ obsession of a certain someone. Your arrogance is nudging me to vote for him in November to spite you.

Has the curve flattened? If so, where? What is the latest in NYC? Any reports on hospitals being overwhelmed? Is there a shortage on masks? Ventilators? Any updates on potential vaccines?

Dislike button, please

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

If there was an actual press conference earlier to provide updates on the country’s response to the virus you’d have answers. Instead we got a temper tantrum that ranged from the media lies to flat out propaganda which was actually illegal according to the Hatch Act.

Go ahead and throw your vote away. That’s your prerogative. The issue is that at this point advances and mitigation of the virus has turned political and there is no denying that the delayed response, no matter what excuse either side tries to float out there was late and we are paying for it dearly.

States are trying to ramp up testing, tracing, ppe procurement only to be met with red tape and blocking from the Federal Government.

The simple act of re-opening the economy has now become a political battle between the Feds and States and it is going to get ugly. I question anyone who thinks the 10th Amendment is a load of bs and the President can override it. He can’t.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

I apologize that he’s a buffoon on a daily basis and that it offends you when people call him out on it

Clearly the very adult thing to do is spite vote for a guy who is botching the handling of a pandemic while holding campaign rallies for press conferences

Reactions: Ladyfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad