OT: All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part VIII - MOD ADVISORY POST 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I'll watch it on the news because I sure the hell won't be rushing out right away.
Lol not sure what it’s like down there but the ones up north here that I can see causing the most problems are the 60+ year old crowd that haven’t been allowed to jam up the Tim Hortons on a daily basis.

Not like I buy anything from there now. But I’ll be taking the long way around them going forward.

It’d be quicker just replacing the chairs with hospital beds.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

aguineapig

The Vets home here in my town is getting hit. 26 Residents, 6 staff. One has died. Some WWII guys there. Depression ,the Big War and now they have this.

He recalls how when at the age of ten
The man from the bank did appear
The money was gone and it wouldn't be long
The end of life as he knew it was near

On the road they went an old truck and a tent
Traveling from town to town
But there was no work to be had
the cold ground for a bed ,when he lay his poor head down

He would come to age as the Great War raged
And duty and country did call
So he crossed the sea to Normandy
And saw many a comrade fall

Now he waits in the hall, a medal on the wall
An enemy waits he cannot see
Freedoms flag he had flown but he died all alone
He did it for you and for me

Reactions: sooshii and CDJ

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Their Chancellor is also a noted scientist and researcher and had a leg up on understanding the virus due to her training. A Doctorate in quantum chemistry is impressive.

Their response to the virus is a good read and many countries could learn a lot from them as well as New Zealand.

Doctors were amazed at Trump’s knowledge of the virus, though. He said so himself.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

member 96824

Let's not talk about the disservice they were doing to their followers. Hopefully they got the message to look elsewhere for serious news. For those too stubborn to understand, well...

8-E69-E41-F-219-D-4598-BCA2-B7-DACD348-ACA.jpg

Unfortunately there weren’t a lot of other options.

Reactions: Scruffy and CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Reactions: hrdpuk and Ladyfan

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
certainly not perfection (I can cite those in CA who were telling ppl to go to china town a couple months ago) however it definitely would be MUCH harder to make a video like this for them

I mean the arrogance in that video is hilarious in retrospect. It was open defiance of this virus, which was clearly blown up by the left wing fake news media (;))! And it’s not like these quotes were from January either

Hannity signing off at the end is the cherry on top. The final boss of the sheeple

Sorry it wasn't entertaining for you...Hope you have a nice day.

Let's not talk about the disservice they were doing to their followers. Hopefully they got the message to look elsewhere for serious news. For those too stubborn to understand, well...

Yes there were some stupid comments from the other side back at the beginning but none of them acted like those in the video. Even worse, those in the video are still acting like this is no big deal. That is alarming.

They've already said they expect an avalanche of lawsuits to hit Fox news.

It was entertaining? I can't stand any of them. I certainly don't waste my time watching things that are so one sided though. It insults your intelligence no? All these 24 hour media stations are filled with fake news and an "our party does no wrong".. Do they deserve to be mocked and laughed at?? I guess, but I don't find any of what is going on as funny...This has just been another colossal screw up from the top down, and it's depressing.

Reactions: Spooner st

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Pretty amazing - for two weeks a NY hospital tested every woman who was admitted for delivery. Over 13% tested positive and were asymptomatic. Makes you wonder what we could know and do with universal testing. . . How many people have already had it and recovered. How many have it now and don’t know. . . Would be the key to make any transition to opening back up.
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2009316

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
It was entertaining? I can't stand any of them. I certainly don't waste my time watching things that are so one sided though. It insults your intelligence no? All these 24 hour media stations are filled with fake news and an "our party does no wrong".. Do they deserve to be mocked and laughed at?? I guess, but I don't find any of what is going on as funny...This has just been another colossal screw up from the top down, and it's depressing.
I didn't watch it. I have no desire to laugh about the situation nor do I have time to listen to the bullshit. If you aren't focusing on solutions and getting the stories of our front line heros or those who we've sadly lost out there, I'm not interested.

I will read many articles from many sources that discusses anything from the response, both good and bad to treatments to those on the front line and the small businesses doing all they can to survive.

I lost my tolerance for nonsense quite some time ago. Give it to me straight or not at all.

Reactions: Ritmo and hrdpuk

member 96824

I WANT the President to succeed in getting us through this pandemic but sadly I've lost hope.

When this first broke I wanted him to unite the country like George Bush did on 9/11. That feeling of unity and resolve along with bringing comfort to a rattled nation. I got none of that and that is what hurts.

We all want to see friends and family, go back to work in offices and do things like going out to eat or simply go to the grocery store without being afraid. Until we start getting leadership from the top, I'm afraid we're going to be waiting a lot longer than we think.

The real leadership has come on the state level for the most part. I am so very thankful for local leadership but also that of Newsom, Insley, Lamont and Cuomo.

I do wonder if this wasn't an election year would things have been handled differently?

I think this is why we’ve seen the natural gravitation toward Cuomo and Dr. Fauci. They’ve talked to us like adults and acted like leaders. They haven’t told us we’re have a raring economy by Easter or the virus is going to disappear like magic. They told us people are going to die, we’re not prepared, and it’s going to be very difficult, but we’ll get through this together. They’ve continued to give us data and make their decisions and promises based on that data. They’ve spoke with empathy and an understanding of the weight of this situation we’re in.

I can only say the same about the President in a couple of instances that I recall.

I get what DT has been trying to do.. he said himself he’s trying to be a cheerleader, give us hope, and downplay things so people aren’t scared. It’s difficult to say he’s done an effective job with that though. These are moments in American history where the President transcends politics no matter how divided. Bush, Reagan, Truman, FDR. In local politics, Bloomberg for sure. Hope is not derived by ignoring the facts and telling people they’ll be in church on Easter. Hope is derived by showing the people that the right person is flying the plane.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I think this is why we’ve seen the natural gravitation toward Cuomo and Dr. Fauci. They’ve talked to us like adults and acted like leaders. They haven’t told us we’re have a raring economy by Easter or the virus is going to disappear like magic. They told us people are going to die, we’re not prepared, and it’s going to be very difficult, but we’ll get through this together. They’ve continued to give us data and make their decisions and promises based on that data. They’ve spoke with empathy and an understanding of the weight of this situation we’re in.

I can only say the same about the President in a couple of instances that I recall.

I get what DT has been trying to do.. he said himself he’s trying to be a cheerleader, give us hope, and downplay things so people aren’t scared. It’s difficult to say he’s done an effective job with that though. These are moments in American history where the President transcends politics no matter how divided. Bush, Reagan, Truman, FDR. In local politics, Bloomberg for sure. Hope is not derived by ignoring the facts and telling people they’ll be in church on Easter. Hope is derived by showing the people that the right person is flying the plane.
Well said.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Reactions: CDJ and Alicat

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Lol not sure what it’s like down there but the ones up north here that I can see causing the most problems are the 60+ year old crowd that haven’t been allowed to jam up the Tim Hortons on a daily basis.

Not like I buy anything from there now. But I’ll be taking the long way around them going forward.

It’d be quicker just replacing the chairs with hospital beds.

As a 60 plusser, I take O ffense.

Personally, I'm planning on staying oot of the hospital beds.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
As a 60 plusser, I take O ffense.

Personally, I'm planning on staying oot of the hospital beds.
No offence man. Just thinking of the locals here. Many of which are still wandering around aimlessly.

Besides which stay out of the Tim Hortons. That shit will kill you without a disease floating around.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008

Benny Johnson eh? Nothing like a guy attached to a conservative non-profit that was under investigation for their activities during the 2016 elections and that the Anti-Defamation League lists as "Alt-Lite." Oh, and he has been fired from Buzzfeed for plagiarism and another periodical for pushing anti-Obama conspiracy theories.

I think both sides would be better suited not quoting people with an obvious bias and just going by the facts. Cuomo has praised Trump at times but has also taken him on stating he's not doing a good job. Both sides can cherry pick at that. Both Democrats and Republicans as well as health care officials told people to be more concerned by the flu. For me, I had my "oh s**t" moment March 12th on a conference call with Massachusetts DPH that this was going to be a major issue. That's when the CDC finally concluded this was in fact "not under control." So I don't blame the news, or doctors, or anyone for not ringing alarm bells before that.

All that said, he's the guy in charge and he has a lot to answer for. There's a complete downplaying of how limited test kits and PPE are. There's changing policies and procedures daily, none of which is based on science, it's based on availability. It's a mess at the healthcare level and the president, his administration, and all federal agencies in charge of this have some culpability in this. This was not handled well like Ebola, Ziki, H1N1 and the stats bare that out.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
““We’re saving lives with this, one hundred percent,” said Narasimhan, the regional director for critical care at Northwell Health, which owns 23 hospitals in New York. “It’s such a simple thing to do, and we’ve seen remarkable improvement. We can see it for every single patient.”

'You See It Work Almost Immediately': Positioning Coronavirus Patients On Their Stomachs Can Save Lives

this could be kinda huge. Would be nice to see something so simple have a major impact

Reactions: Spooner st

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
No offence man. Just thinking of the locals here. Many of which are still wandering around aimlessly.

Besides which stay out of the Tim Hortons. That shit will kill you without a disease floating around.

As posted pick your words clearly and sensitively.
I have posted we have members here that have tested positive. Took all precautions . Including staying out of public places. They are now concentrating on staying alive.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
As posted pick your words clearly and sensitively.
I have posted we have members here that have tested positive. Took all precautions . Including staying out of public places. They are now concentrating on staying alive.
Apologize Wally. Not trying to be insensitive. I lean to sarcasm over really saying what I think.

Still work every day with the public. The amount of ignorance I see to what is going on is infuriating. And it seems like it’s the same people over and over again no matter what you tell them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad