All Things Auston Matthews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I still think the Year of Matthews vs Laine was the worst. Just insane bickering.
Yeah. That was pretty insane. And I'm not quite sure whether to be impressed by the people that persevered through the whole thing, or worried that they might still be suffering from PTSD.

Feb 24, 2017
I don't even know why this is a problem.

Great players get celebrated and talked about all the time. Great goal scorers are celebrated and talked about all the time. It is honestly only because it's finally a Maple Leaf that the hatred and negativity flows so freely.

But it's just too bad because there is only one player in the League to score goals at a higher pace per game since 2004 and that is Ovechkin. Mathews is a generational goal scorer and he seems to be getting even better. We all are pretty certain he wont stay on pace for 147 goals this year but even right now if he went cold and fell back to his avg .55/g it would still result in 50 goals this season which is an incredibly impressive feat.
O2master isn’t generational at anything besides air intake. He’s a wonderful player, but he’s not among all time greats.

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
O2master isn’t generational at anything besides air intake. He’s a wonderful player, but he’s not among all time greats.

Oh really, a player who is 21 and has played 2 seasons isn’t already an all time great?

Had you already anointed someone like Nik Lindstrom as an all time great after 2 seasons or did that take multiple great seasons?

Reactions: Critical91
Feb 24, 2017
Oh really, a player who is 21 and has played 2 seasons isn’t already an all time great?

Had you already anointed someone like Nik Lindstrom as an all time great after 2 seasons or did that take multiple great seasons?
I called him a wonderful player. Should I fellate him too?

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I've seen countless suggestions to have an all-encompassijg stickied thread to stop people from creating new threads. First reply is more complaining.

Wtf do you people want?

I would love an all encompassing Leafs thread (isn't that the point of the Leafs board?)
At least then it can be put on ignore until part two a few minutes later. ;)

member 298589

The first time Matthews plays so well he literally skates off the ice, and starts flying around with the puck above the heads of the other players, do you think he will get a high sticking penalty? How about the first time he scores 2 goals with a single shot? Delay of game?

Will the NHL need to start introducing new rules because of AM's incoming and previously impossible new skills?

Mar 26, 2010
The Oilers fanbase is guilty of it too. All summer we've been told Auston Matthews and draisaitl are better comparables. But draisaitl is pure trash.
Oilers fans are bracing themselves for the Matthews train now. They know what time it is now.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
crosby
ovechkin
malkin
kane
mcdavid
kuch
giroux
stamkos
benn
seguin

any more?
Ughhh I hate that I'm responding to this nonsense but there has been many a time where the main board has been 6/7 Ovechkin threads, or Crosby threads, or McDavid, Laine, Stamkos. I can go on. If I remember correctly shortly after the Cup, at one point every single thread was Ovie.

Back to topic at hand. Matthews, top 3 or top 5 in NHL?

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
If you look at my post history I have always maintained that Matthews is going to win the Rocket Richard trophy (unless McDavid gets really, really hot). This kid is unbelievably talented at scoring goals. Very excited to see him accept the Richard trophy-it’s locked unless he gets injured.
He has an outside shot at the Art Ross too.

There's this guy named Ovy who's been scoring goals at a pretty good clip for a over a decade now. I'm pretty sure nothing is locked up as long as he (Ovy)is still wearing skates. Matthews is on fire and a great goal-scorer himself, but lets slow down a bit, shall we.

Reactions: dukeofjive

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Ughhh I hate that I'm responding to this nonsense but there has been many a time where the main board has been 6/7 Ovechkin threads, or Crosby threads, or McDavid, Laine, Stamkos. I can go on. If I remember correctly shortly after the Cup, at one point every single thread was Ovie.

Back to topic at hand. Matthews, top 3 or top 5 in NHL?

Matthews has been granted exceptional status.

Reactions: The Apologist

Tavares to Marner

Dec 20, 2011
Hamilton
some leaf fans here just gloating so hard may back fire

If Matthews keeps this pace (not counting on it) hell be closer to McDavid but for now no 10 games doesn't put you beside the best player rn

Reactions: bleedgreen

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I would love an all encompassing Leafs thread (isn't that the point of the Leafs board?)
At least then it can be put on ignore until part two a few minutes later. ;)
Maybe stop constantly taking part in them and bumping them and maybe you see less of them?

Personally I would love to see Leaf threads too, both negative and positive. I just use the ignore thread button tho

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
The Gospel of Matthews is my favourite part of the bible.

CunI3G-WEAAzSsV.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad