All Things AHL 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
I’m getting really stoked for the season to start.

And extra excited that the Blues have a preseason game here in Des Moines.

Had to break my wife’s heart this morning though. She said “I hope Tarasenko and Upshall will be playing.” Told her odds weren’t great Tarasenko played the Des Moines game and I’ve got bad news for you about Upshall, sweetie...

(pretty sure she just likes Upshall bc she thinks he’s cute. She was also mad at Bergy getting traded away, I suspect for the same reason)
Sounds like my wife. She was devastated when oshie got traded. Hasn’t been the same since. She doesn’t know half the teams names now.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Have you heard expression men's league vs. boys league?
AHL players tend to be men, but they also tend not to be anywhere near as skilled as Swedish Elite League. Combination of mediocre vets, undersized guys, and youngsters still finding their game. It's a fine development league, but honestly I'd rather Bokk stay in Sweden at least until he is top 6 forward in Elite League.

Reactions: CoMoBlues

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I have never been able to catch an AHL game before so when I noticed that the Rampage will be on a 3 -game So-Cal swing at the same time I am road tripping through the area I was pretty stoked. I will be able to see them Nov. 2nd in SJ, Nov. 3rd in Stockton, and Nov. 4th in Bakersfield. I will be excited to see how this team shapes out with all these signings and Blues prospects.

Last I checked tickets weren't on sale yet, they typically about $20 a piece?

On top of that the Blues are on a West coast road trip later that month back-to-back nights SJ and LV. So I am planning on catching one of those games as well, if only the drive wasn't quite so far or else I would go to both...

I was planning on going to the Bakersfield game, and probably the Vegas game over SJ. Lemme know if you go!

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I think him playing against men is better to his developement then AHL. SHL league is quite good.
I would think playing on the North American ice against the level of skill present in the AHL would be the best option. But he's so young maybe its less important at this point.

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
For anyone that wanted to catch all or some of the Rampage games this year, but the price for AHLtv was too high, this should be good news.

AHL launches new AHLTV streaming platform | TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League

$79.99 for all teams, all games.
$59.99 for one team, all games.
$39.99 for one team, home or away.
$19.99 for all games for a month.
$6.99 for all games for one day.

I don't remember exactly what the cost for the season was last year, but I know it was a hell of a lot more than this. I'd actually consider spending the $59.99 to watch all the Rampage games.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
It was like 350 I think for the year. I would have reconsidered the service I’m using this season if I’d have known. But I have access to other leagues as well.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
They're also going to have the same HQ camera in all arenas, so hopefully it looks much better as well.
That is going to be the biggest difference if you ask me. The quality of the stream improving was my biggest qualm. I am super excited about this season, with a fresh organization. All our prospects. Now, we have a bonafide stream source!? Dope.

Reactions: MortiestOfMortys

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
This is siiiiiiiick

The Rampage are changing their names to Los Chimuelos de San Antonio for Dia de los Muertos on October 26th. That logo is gorgeous, and those jerseys are going to be ridiculous. Looks like a yellow jersey with black shoulders

Reactions: CoMoBlues

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
I was really hoping I was still down here in Corpus by time the Rampage's season started but I'm leaving at the end of next week. San Antonio is an awesome city, if it wasn't for south Texas and the heat I would have already moved over here.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
This is siiiiiiiick

The Rampage are changing their names to Los Chimuelos de San Antonio for Dia de los Muertos on October 26th. That logo is gorgeous, and those jerseys are going to be ridiculous. Looks like a yellow jersey with black shoulders

I thought they were doing a whole new re-branding and logo. Sort of disappointed it’s just for Dia day los muertos .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad