All Things AHL 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Maybe I’m alone here and just not a jersey guy but I don’t understand any of those prices. Like $750 for an AHL player’s jersey just seems like a complete waste. To each their own though.
Well yeah. I just mean that somebody paid 750 for Kyrou and somebody else paid 1500 for Butler. I’d rather be that first guy

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Anyone can. The proceeds are going to charity, so an individual or a company can purchase and claim the purchase as a charitable donation on end-of-year taxes.
I'm not 100% sure, but I don't see that's possible in here Finland. Never heard about it. Those tax things are so many ways totally different in USA then lets say Europe or not even talk about Finland. Everything is expensive in here.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
For the people that see the Rampage at a regular basis.

How is Kyrou playing atm? 'We' tend to see him as a prospect that has the capability to play in a top 6 role with the Blues in the near future but his AHL-numbers are a bit worrying. Granted: Blais numbers are terrible aswell and we know he can contribute at an AHL level so it's probably more of a coaching thing than actually a talent thing?

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
Couple of things at play with Kyrou's numbers.

1. The skill is obvious, but he often plays a little timid. He will make a beautiful play with the puck, then it appears as though he's not quite sure what do once he's in space. Seems to look for the pass first instead of just letting his instincts take over.

2. The Rampage have slowed their game down to a crawl in the last 3 or 4 games. They seriously lack offensive skill, so they've decided to play a slower, physical, grinding game and wear down opponents instead of trying to run and gun which was failing miserably.

He picked up 2 assists and a goal in the shootout on Tuesday, so hopefully that will ignite something and he will take off.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Couple of things at play with Kyrou's numbers.

1. The skill is obvious, but he often plays a little timid. He will make a beautiful play with the puck, then it appears as though he's not quite sure what do once he's in space. Seems to look for the pass first instead of just letting his instincts take over.

2. The Rampage have slowed their game down to a crawl in the last 3 or 4 games. They seriously lack offensive skill, so they've decided to play a slower, physical, grinding game and wear down opponents instead of trying to run and gun which was failing miserably.

He picked up 2 assists and a goal in the shootout on Tuesday, so hopefully that will ignite something and he will take off.

Thanks for the explanation! :)

However, I still find it weird that they seem to lack any offensive skill. If you're dependand on Flynn... well, that ain't good. To me it feels like it shouldn't be as bad as it is now. Blais and Smith had good seasons last year and suddenly can't get on the scoresheet anymore. Husso is a lot worse from what I saw last year. I really hope the change in tactic will get them back to their 'natural self'.

Any news on Erik Foley btw?

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
Thanks for the explanation! :)

However, I still find it weird that they seem to lack any offensive skill. If you're dependand on Flynn... well, that ain't good. To me it feels like it shouldn't be as bad as it is now. Blais and Smith had good seasons last year and suddenly can't get on the scoresheet anymore. Husso is a lot worse from what I saw last year. I really hope the change in tactic will get them back to their 'natural self'.

Any news on Erik Foley btw?

It's simply a lack of talent up front. Blais wasnt good when he was here and is now in StL. Flynn has been fine, but is now hurt. Smith is a decent player, but probably shouldn't be counted on for top line minutes.

Tuesday's game saw Connor Bleackley listed as the #1 C. That's where we are now. With Jordan Nolan and Austin Poganski as their top threats to score on any given night.

That's why the team has shifted to a more defensive system. Cut mistakes to zero, limit shots and, more importantly, scoring chances, and try to win 2-1.

No word on Foley. He was injured while with the Blues, so we won't know much until they announce a roster move.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
4 wins in a row for Rampage. Glad to see they are starting to come around. Seems like after Binnington got a shutout against the Moose, he has been on fire. He has started every game during this winning streak.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
4 wins in a row for Rampage. Glad to see they are starting to come around. Seems like after Binnington got a shutout against the Moose, he has been on fire. He has started every game during this winning streak.
Not so good for Husso in terms of his development. Though binnington has been great the last two years.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Not so good for Husso in terms of his development. Though binnington has been great the last two years.
He'll rebound, he has done it before.

I still believe and view he'll make his debut in this season to Blues and will be big part of our playoff run this season.

Reactions: Zamadoo

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
He'll rebound, he has done it before.

I still believe and view he'll make his debut in this season to Blues and will be big part of our playoff run this season.
I hope that he rebounds. However the fact that binnington has stolen the net makes an appearance in the nhl extremely unlikely. Especially since the nhl goalies have been better the last 10 game.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Happy for Binnington. He’s been the forgotten man in this organization. I wonder if he has a shot at the back-up role next season.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Maybe the team’s struggles stem partially from the fact that they have Jordan Nolan and Chris Thorburn in the lineup. I like those guys fine, but... cmon. Kevin McDonald needs to bring in some better veterans than that, there are no shortage of guys out there. And if we didn’t, we should have made a bigger push for keeping Grimaldi on the team. I hope we can get back to where we were with the Wolves a few years ago (Agozzino, Agostino, Megan, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad