GDT: All-Star Weekend

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I can't believe PK Subban just dove in an All star game. This is the most realistic all star game yet.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
If I offend anyone with this post, I don't care. Country music is beyond awful. It actually hurts.

At least you don't live in 1 of the few areas where it's still somewhat popular. It's even dying out here(thankfully) so that says just how bad of shape it's in.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Did Friedman actually just ask Gaudreau if he's going to give his earnings to charity? Looks like the sportsnet crew are really rubbing off on him. The broadcast portion of this weekend is a total embarrassment.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Watching the post-game stuff was truly special. I was reminded of Brad Pitt's line from Moneyball, where at the end of the movie he remarks "How can you not be romantic about baseball?" (at seeing someone not realize they hit a homerun). Just sub in "hockey" for "baseball".

Getting put on his teammates' shoulders, winning the MVP (and the shock at it happening), and his teammates being legitimately happy for him (for real, go watch Burns' interview, he talked glowingly about Scott). Sappy? Yeah, but still, it was special to see it all, and you know he'll never forget it.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
So the fanvote of John Scott made this All-Star game a huge success and the NHL did their best to prevent that from happening...

The Coyote management must feel like ass now. What a marketing opportunity that could have been....

This game was even watchable. That is unusual for ASGs.

Very happy for Scott. :handclap:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Per Dreger... Scott is getting endorsement offers and his helmet is going to the Hall of Fame. :yo:

Unaffiliated

Aug 26, 2010
Richmond, B.C.
CaFptndWQAAm-uN.jpg
:handclap:

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Sorry if this was mentioned before, I don't want to read the whole thread, but the Roenick-Scott interview was really funny.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad