Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
CaFptndWQAAm-uN.jpg

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
imagine the bidding war between two expansion teams if that happened this summer... haha

And he seems to be a great guy to have around your team.

So are players like McLeod and Bordeleau. From all accounts, they helped keep the room loose and whatnot. With fighting being phased out (or, at the VERY LEAST, Enforcers being phased out), you sometimes feel a little sad for some of these guys (at least McLeod has been able to offer SOMETHING else other than fighting--the little bit of offense he's been able to provide throughout his career).

And that Players' Tribune article from Scott opened a lot of eyes, in my opinion (and yeah, helped people get on his side).

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
The fans were such jerks for voting Scott in... :shakehead

It's nice to see people like Damien Cox and Jeremy Roenick eat crow.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Last edited:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
And Reddit. And HF Boards. And other podcasts.

It may have ended up nice and everything, but it did start out as this:

"You know what would be funny? Voting in the worst player in the NHL. Who would that be?"

"I know! John Scott!"

"Yeah! Let's get this thing going!"

It was because of how Scott handled it, and his teammates supporting him, that it was able to evolve into the "feel good story" that it's been this weekend.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010

"You know what would be funny? Voting in the worst player in the NHL. Who would that be?"

"I know! John Scott!"

It was because of how Scott handled it, and his teammates supporting him, that it was able to evolve into the "feel good story" that it's been this weekend.

True but perhaps the people that voted him in expected that Scott would handle it properly and have fun with it.

I mean:

55af86d936be9.jpg

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm

"I know! John Scott!"

And the NHL turned it into this underdog vs the evil empire. You know who people are gonna root for then.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
No, I don't believe that's why he was the chosen one.

I mean good for him, good how he's handled it and how it has turned out. I have nothing against Scott. Actually I'm one of the few that cares he was embarrassed about it in the first place.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
There is some really good country out there... It just isn't the popular stuff. Sturgill Simpson and Jason Isbell are phenomenal country acts.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
So... my gf, who doesn't like hockey much and doesn't know anybody beyond Landy, Duchene, MacK, Varly and ROR... Is screaming for Scott. Never seen her so into a game. :laugh:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
No, I don't believe that's why he was the chosen one.

I mean good for him, good how he's handled it and how it has turned out. I have nothing against Scott. Actually I'm one of the few that cares he was embarrassed about it in the first place.

I don't care why it started. I voted for him because it highlighted what was so dumb about fan-voting for the ASG and was a great way to show what a forgotten joke the ASB had become. It turning into a feel good story for Scott is just a bonus.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Did anybody just see that backhand release by Joe Pavelski? It was like a backhand one timer. I couldn't release on my forehand like that.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Did anybody just see that backhand release by Joe Pavelski? It was like a backhand one timer. I couldn't release on my forehand like that.

There's a reason he's so magic when he's on Jumbo's line. That man just knows how to shoot the **** out of the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad