GDT: All Star Skills Competition - 7PM EST - a bunch of places

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
First and last ASG I watched was the one where Nolan pointed at Hasek
I think that was the last one I did watch until 6 or 7 years ago. I started watching them again when it went to 3 on 3, but I may have missed a couple since then. If I have nothing else going on I watch them, but I don't halt plans to watch them like I would a Devils game.

Was that the year of Scott Stevens from the New York Devils?

It was around that time. 96 or 97.

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
What response would you expect short of taking a hockey stick and swinging it at Tkachuk's stupid face for pulling that sh*t?
Well of course not. But I do think this lineup definitely can be "bullied" if the other team decides so. We may still win the game like we did in Florida, but we still might lose the physical battle. Thats the kind of standing up for ourselves kind of thing I mean. For example our D is pretty big right, but not very mean. Our forwards are rather small although extremely skilled.

We have lots of players for someone like Tkachuk to target if they decide so. And in my opinion he's sort of a nutcase. Not like crazy but he's a pest for sure.

I think the biggest thing is that were such a young team. Some people have mentioned it pretty well in the past.. this team needs to eventually learn to play dirty. Like right at the edge of plays not being penalties, hurting opponents but not injuring them. That kinda thing. Goes a long way in the playoffs. Thats probably something I'm looking for.

Reactions: PKs Broken Stick

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Take the Barkov/Tkachuk/Nico talk elsewhere.

We're here to talk about the ASG.
I think it's more entertaining than anything I've seen tonight, as much as I have little interest in talking about it myself.

Did they seriously just have some golf event? I had my back turned the entire time.

Reactions: glenwo2

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
This used to be a legitimately fun event and at least semi-serious in the 90s and early 00s. It’s turned to complete shit now. Who thinks any of this is a good idea or remotely entertaining?
I mean, the ASG was getting boring back in the day.

They're doing it wrong but something needed to change.

GeNeXt

Jul 5, 2012
Why aren't they showing any banter between the players? That was always the cool thing about the event was interviewing players having a good time with their rivals/opponents. We've heard the likes of the talking heads all night, who get their screen time all year.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Let players be goofy and do a skit if they want but also let them show off hockey skill if they don’t want to be goofy. This years show is way over produced, for me.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
We arent really the target audience for the all star weekend though. I bet its a blast for the kids.

I used to think this but I remember watching these as a kid in the late 80s early 90s and those players seemed to be trying and caring and I still loved it as a kid. Do kids like this?

Reactions: glenwo2

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
I mean, the ASG was getting boring back in the day.

They're doing it wrong but something needed to change.
The skills used to be good. It was a tightly run event that went from event to event and was under 2 hours. They keep adding events that don’t work, that no one knows the rules, and just don’t work overall.

Just keep it to:
-fastest skater
-accuracy shooting
-hardest shot
-puck control event
-a goalie skill event
-and a team event

Get rid of these personality (they have none) and pretaped segment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad