All-Star game : Pacioretty and Subban snubbed

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
I have no problem with this. To me the ASG is really for the people in the host city. When it was here I wanted to see as many Habs as possible.

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
I still remember when Peter Sidorkiewicz and Brad Marsh were selected from the Ottawa Senators. That was when they picked two players from each team. Ottawa was terrible.
No it's not because there was 2 selections for each team (they also had one reprensentative back then). It's because they were inviting an old timer to play for each side and Brad Marsh happened to be the Eastern (Wales) Conference old timer. They had Randy Carlyle on the other side.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/allstar/NHL_1993_roster.html

Jabrony

Oct 29, 2012
you guys should be happy that they were "snubbed". The ASG is completely meaningless.

Goonzilla

Welcome to my house!
Feb 18, 2014
The rink ..too often
It shouldn't be meaningless, but has been made meaningless in several ways.

All Star selection ought to be pretty prestigious and maybe be worth something at contract or bonus time, but you can never have that with each team needing representation and fan voting.

If you're not a bona fide superstar or in the best say 7 d, 13 f and 3 g in your conference then too bad.

I love to see an all star game, but only if they really are all stars.

I'm a Vancouver fan, but couldn't complain if none got picked.

The teams ought be picked by a panel of journalists and retired former all stars from their respective conferences. It's nothing less than a sham game with no PK Subban. The likes of Jagr ought to be in there too.

If you were picking a team to play Mars for the future of civilisation, Subban would be right in there while so host of those voted 'all stars' wouldn't get a whiff.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Price starts vs the Preds tomorrow? If not he won't play in the All Star game is my guess.

dutchy29

Nov 9, 2007
SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
I must say I honestly rarely watch the all-star game, I find it pretty boring, I remember as a kid liking the skills competition quite a bit, but other than that the game itself was usually a farce. Someone made a good point about PK being one of the most popular faces of the league and having the numbers and credentials to back it, it seems dumb to not have him their. I mean if anyone would get favoritism from the league to try and sell tickets I would assume it to be someone like PK, but I guess I misjudged Bettman.
Anyway overall disappointed that no real hockey games this weekend, glad that Price has a few extra days off to get healthy.

All-Star

Jul 14, 2003
Snake Mountain
Visit site
Considering I've been avoiding the All-Star game since the league conspired to prevent Rory Fitzpatrick from attending, I'm happy most of the team will be able to take the weekend off...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad