Jul 6, 2009
Don't mind the snub at all
respect is for mobsters and old men
Keep your eye on the prize and that's lord stanley's mug
The snubs will only help fuel the fire and the rest is always welcome

maci4life

Jan 17, 2005
Toronto, Canada
I like the idea of a mini 2 day tournament in place of an all star game.

4 on 4, two 5 minute periods. can only dress 6 forwards 4 defence ( so you see the best on each teams go head to head ).

full 30 team brackets from 1 - 30, 1 playing 30 and so on ( regardless of division ). loss in 1st round takes you to consellation rd to play for 3rd place. winners of 1st rd keep playing elimination till the finals for 1st and 2nd.

teams play multiple games a day depending on how far you make it with the last day being the final 2 games. 1 vs 2, 3 vs 4 ( consellation teams ). three 5 minute periods for finals. one game after another, giving you a full games worth of hockey ( with usual festive breaks in between ).

1st place 6 points
2nd 4 points
3rd 2 points

-those points come in handy when fighting for playoffs, considering the close races we get each year.
-teams would actually play hard. bonus points on the line.
-teams not doing well but with superstars could upset favourites ( ie. dallas, philly )
-10 best players on each team would mean exciting 4 on 4 hockey

digmor crusher

Jul 11, 2009
No one was snubbed, I knew they wouldn't get picked and I knew there would be a stupid thread like this.

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
These guys are competitive very...i can asure you that both are not too happy. Also its always an honor to make the team. Watch out league mad max and Pk coming for you. Sooo i m not and all star right...Le but...et le buttt lol

plodder

Jan 5, 2012
that"s ******** Subban is the new face of sports let alone hockey pacioraty (I cant spell the rest ) is relentless. Just have to accept the fact the All star game means nothing

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I like the idea of a mini 2 day tournament in place of an all star game.

4 on 4, two 5 minute periods. can only dress 6 forwards 4 defence ( so you see the best on each teams go head to head ).

full 30 team brackets from 1 - 30, 1 playing 30 and so on ( regardless of division ). loss in 1st round takes you to consellation rd to play for 3rd place. winners of 1st rd keep playing elimination till the finals for 1st and 2nd.

teams play multiple games a day depending on how far you make it with the last day being the final 2 games. 1 vs 2, 3 vs 4 ( consellation teams ). three 5 minute periods for finals. one game after another, giving you a full games worth of hockey ( with usual festive breaks in between ).

1st place 6 points
2nd 4 points
3rd 2 points

-those points come in handy when fighting for playoffs, considering the close races we get each year.
-teams would actually play hard. bonus points on the line.
-teams not doing well but with superstars could upset favourites ( ie. dallas, philly )
-10 best players on each team would mean exciting 4 on 4 hockey

No offense, but this is one of the dumbest ideas I have ever read on HFBoards.

The all star game is meant to be a fun thing for the players and the fans. It's meant to be an easy going weekend where the players just party. Turning it into this really weird tournament where teams actually get points in the standings makes absolutely no sense.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Who ****ing cares.. it's just the all-star game

It's about respect and recognition, to me it's a slap in their faces, they are obvious stars in the league. No homerism here, hell I'd even vote in Kessel which I despise but talent is talent. In the mild mannered words of Jeremy Roenick,"Wake up NHL!!"

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
Odd selections on D. No Subban or Karlsson.

Also I get they want to represent every team. But the effin' state of the Devils. ELIAS is their only representative. The fact that the devils roster is so crap that Elias is in the 2015 (not 2005, 2015) all-star game is ridiculous.

But honestly, its because they had to represent every team that makes the exclusion of Subban and Pacioretty not surprising.

5 Blackhawks in voted in, so that's 35 spots for the remaining 29 teams. Once each team has one representative, there are only 6 all-stars... but the host city got 3 representatives so really there's only 4 spots for all-stars. You have to include Malkin, Rinne, Voracek... So, really, It's they picked Shattenkirk over Subban or Karlsson.

Last edited:

Guy Germaine

Jul 25, 2005
Montreal
who cares honestly, fan voting..
although i really didnt expect Chicago to have this many fans :laugh:

seriously,lol, what a backwoods city with their 10 mill population.

Some Montreal fans really do have a major superiority complex and tend to live in a Habs only bubble.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
seriously,lol, what a backwoods city with their 10 mill population.

Some Montreal fans really do have a major superiority complex and tend to live in a Habs only bubble.

Superiority complex?? We're talking Subban and Pacioretty here, we're not complaining that Parenteau didn't make the team, I think it's a legit argument no?? Subban is still electrifying (not as much lately) and Pacioretty is top five goal scorer in the last few years!! Not saying they have to be there but it's definitely worth the debate!

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
Superiority complex?? We're talking Subban and Pacioretty here, we're not complaining that Parenteau didn't make the team, I think it's a legit argument no?? Subban is still electrifying (not as much lately) and Pacioretty is top five goal scorer in the last few years!! Not saying they have to be there but it's definitely worth the debate!

Like I said above, the all-star game is not the best 40 players in the league, if it were, both guys would be there. It's 6 guys voted in by fans, and each team needs at least one representative, plus the host gets 3 reps.

40 spots-

5 Blackhawks and 1 Sabre were voted in.

40-6 = 34 spots remaining-

Each team needs 1 rep, since Chicago and Buffalo are the only 2 teams represented so far, than we need to take 1 player from each of the remaining 28 teams. Carey Price is our best player, I don't think anyone doubts that, so he's the Habs rep.

34-28 = 6 spots remaining-

Host team gets 2 extra players in the draw. Add Folingo and Johansson to Bobrovsky.

6 - 2 = 4 spots remaining

Now. Of the 4 spots remaining, are Subban and Pacioretty the best players to fill those spots? Keep in mind that either Malkin/Crosby, Kopitar/Doughty or Giroux/Voracek has not been selected at this point.

The problem is each team has to have a rep, so we have Faulk, Elias, RNH, Ekman-Larsson, Erik Johnston all have spots guaranteed to them because their teams suck.

Did you vote in the all star voting? I know I didn't, and a lot of people here didn't either. If you're really that ******** about them not being in the game you only have yourself to blame.

maci4life

Jan 17, 2005
Toronto, Canada
No offense, but this is one of the dumbest ideas I have ever read on HFBoards.

The all star game is meant to be a fun thing for the players and the fans. It's meant to be an easy going weekend where the players just party. Turning it into this really weird tournament where teams actually get points in the standings makes absolutely no sense.

Right, because NOBODY likes tournaments. Remind me again what was playing last year in February?

oh yeah thats right, that dumb idea called the olympics.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
Apparently not, otherwise Montreal would have had 5 players voted in; or perhaps Montreal fans aren't as passionate as Chicago fans to cast ballots.

Didn't Habs fan vote 5 Habs in some years ago? in 07-08 I think or 08-09? I'm pretty sure we voted Mike Komisarek in (!).

I think the ship has sailed for most of us, I didn't even vote this year.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I don't even think every team should get one player sent... just because. Stars should be sent and if a team has none, then they don't get to be represented. Whatever, its all a farce anyhow.

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
League is crazy leaving Subban out for whatever.

He is walking/skating entertainment.

Has crazy dangles etc. and instant fan favorite.

Oh well it gives the boys a chance to rest up.

Hopefully Price was as funny as he was a cpl years ago he's a character himself.

TimGolbert

Oct 30, 2014
Edmonton
I still remember when Peter Sidorkiewicz and Brad Marsh were selected from the Ottawa Senators. That was when they picked two players from each team. Ottawa was terrible.

mustardnight*

Aug 11, 2011
Anyone remember when we voted Komisarek to play in the all star game?

I don't remember anyone complaining back then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad