TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
who cares honestly, fan voting..
although i really didnt expect Chicago to have this many fans :laugh:

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
just a reminder kids, the nhl held a vote in which you could vote MULTIPLE times to decide 5 players as opposed to going by the best.

burns and keith should not be in on d, the same with foligno on forward

Dannyhab

Feb 5, 2010
I really hope Price doesn't go. Is it frowned upon or does he get disciplined if he doesn't go and he's healthy? Screw the NHL and their anti-Hab bias.

crystal ball

Mar 30, 2007
I really hope Price doesn't go. Is it frowned upon or does he get disciplined if he doesn't go and he's healthy? Screw the NHL and their anti-Hab bias.

He actually can get fined for not going. I remember at the game in Montreal, there was a huge uproar over Datsyuk and Lidstrom not playing. Ovechkin, too, I think. I know the Detroit guys were suspended or fined for a game.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
That "One player per team rule" is so dumb. Just have coaches or the NHLPA pick the players, ffs.

Nah, it's a good rule. The all star game is a meaningless game for the fans. May as well get as many fanbases in as possible. When the Habs sucked, it was nice seeing a player go even if they may not have deserved it over others. Having 5 players from one team is a little silly, but alas...

JohnKordicsGhost

Jul 1, 2013
Hawks fans stuffed the ballots with a bunch of votes. 5 out of the 6 starters are Hawks players. To say the least the league needs a better way of selecting players to the All Star game/better voting system. There has to be some limit for # of players represented per team.

We did the same thing a few years back, I don't get that as a moderator of this board you can not acknowledge this before your whinefest of a post.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
We should never have been allowed as many as we did...komi Not enough laughing emoticons for that one.

I have no problem with it, and people are getting worked up over nothing. When most of the league has Price as our Hart nomination its no surprise he gets the nod. Columbus has a sorta rivalry with the hawks, so this is good for them. No big deal. Would you rather us to the Rory campaign again..hardest working 4th liner in the all star game. Because IMO they are the stars, these guys struggled and grind out every year to keep a spot on the team. That takes a lot more work than having a lot of natural ability.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
The all-star game gives zero points in the standings and doesn't help win the cup. Those are all that matters. Besides, that game is garbage and a waste of time to look at... It's glorified shinny hockey at best.

mustardnight*

Aug 11, 2011
Burns,Foligno,Eilas? I get that every team should at least get one player represented but Burns over a guy like Couture? Price is a great goalie but has already been to the All Star game 3 times. He could have used the rest and PK could have gone instead. He is made for All star weekend just look at what he did back in 2011 in the skills comp when he switched jerseys' with Skinner.

Burns has been fantastic this year, don't forget he's playing D again this year.

Strik_IX

No excuses!
Jun 11, 2007
Montréal
Including a player from every team because of principle is stupid IMO. I'm sorry but it's supposed to be best on best. I wonder how Justin Faulk feels about being picked over Karlsson, Subban, Pietrangelo and the like.

He's in there by default which is crap.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I understand they take at least one player from each team so some people are going to get snubbed, but the fact that there are FIVE Blackhawks is ridiculous, even if it was because of some stupid fan vote.

Remember when we hosted the all-star game and it was basically the Habs starting line up? The NHL whined, but I don't hear a peep now that it's Blackhawks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad