95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
What a joke.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=748015&navid=DL|NHL|home

2013520_Black-All-Stars-Jersey_slide.jpg

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
The one player I didn't want going to the All Star Game was Price. The guy just needs a week off from hockey.

Also, Subban being snubbed just further emphasizes the fact that the NHL's marketing department has no idea how to seize an opportunity to promote the game when it presents itself to them. Justin Faulk? Radim Vrbata? Erik Johnson? Pretty ridiculous for Subban and Karlsson to be left off with some of the names that are going. Meh, Subban and Patch will rest up and keep carrying the Habs with Pricer. I sort of hope Price announces he has a minor injury and can't participate, you have to thing the guy is somewhat banged up.

CanadianLover

Oct 27, 2014
I think it was one player per team. Chicago fans voted and 5 of their players got in. There was no chance for Pacioretty and a small one for Subban. I cannot believe Subban got left out though. The defenseman from Caroline is minus -16...

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
What a joke. :laugh:

Whatever, more rest for them. The league is a joke, though, snubbing guys like Subban, Pacioretty, Karlsson, etc.

JT3

May 27, 2013
I understand they take at least one player from each team so some people are going to get snubbed, but the fact that there are FIVE Blackhawks is ridiculous, even if it was because of some stupid fan vote.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
the NHL has a gold mine in Subban and they willingly chose not to expose or market him. Im pretty sure no other sports league would make that mistake.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Burns,Foligno,Eilas? I get that every team should at least get one player represented but Burns over a guy like Couture? Price is a great goalie but has already been to the All Star game 3 times. He could have used the rest and PK could have gone instead. He is made for All star weekend just look at what he did back in 2011 in the skills comp when he switched jerseys' with Skinner.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
They also snubbed Corey Perry wow

edit and Lundqvist... this is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
This weekend is meant as a marketing strategy and they didnt select their most marketable player. I get the one player per team strategy but not selectin subban is the biggest error they could make

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
All-star game sucks and will always suck until they change it completely. Only thing good to come out of the weekend is the skills competition.

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012
The one player I didn't want going to the All Star Game was Price. The guy just needs a week off from hockey.

Also, Subban being snubbed just further emphasizes the fact that the NHL's marketing department has no idea how to seize an opportunity to promote the game when it presents itself to them. Justin Faulk? Radim Vrbata? Erik Johnson? Pretty ridiculous for Subban and Karlsson to be left off with some of the names that are going. Meh, Subban and Patch will rest up and keep carrying the Habs with Pricer. I sort of hope Price announces he has a minor injury and can't participate, you have to thing the guy is somewhat banged up.
this...
the excuse on twitter is that they have to pick 1 from each team (+5 of the same team :sarcasm: )

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
All-star game sucks and will always suck until they change it completely. Only thing good to come out of the weekend is the skills competition.

Used to be the SC Champs against an All Star team. Not practical now with 30 teams, but it was a really exciting format.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad