All-Star Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

byfuglien

Mar 23, 2014
Europe
Besides the Voracek and Gaudreau thing and Elliott and Tarasenko beeing cute, that has to be the most boring event in human history. Glad its over tomorrow.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
The of the few truly funny/entertaining moments of this entire "skills" competition lol.

That and Voracek using Gaudreau were the two moments I actually Lol'd. Idk if it counts but when I first heard Gaudreau wanted to light a stick on fire I laughed just because it was him.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Gaudreau takes looking like a 12-year old to a whole different level. Also might be the shyest individual out there. I think Nuge looks 30 compared to him.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Ovechkin was entertaining, without him it would be pretty dull.

The whiffing on the soft toss was a bit weak. I mean, I didn't even get to watch the competition, as I was at work, but when nhl.com makes striking out a highlight...Well, it's not exactly setting the bar very high.

If at first you don't succeed, fail, fail, fail, again.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
The whiffing on the soft toss was a bit weak. I mean, I didn't even get to watch the competition, as I was at work, but when nhl.com makes striking out a highlight...Well, it's not exactly setting the bar very high.

If at first you don't succeed, fail, fail, fail, again.

I actually found his failure on that to be pretty entertaining, particularly when he screwed it up even with a goalie stick.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
I actually found his failure on that to be pretty entertaining, particularly when he screwed it up even with a goalie stick.

Yeah, but you could record my friends and I that suck at hockey to get the same result.

I'm a musician, so I guess I'll go with that analogy. If I ever make the audience listen to me fail a certain lick (once is too many) multiple times, boo my ass off of the stage.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Yeah, but you could record my friends and I that suck at hockey to get the same result.

I'm a musician, so I guess I'll go with that analogy. If I ever make the audience listen to me fail a certain lick (once is too many) multiple times, boo my ass off of the stage.

I agree. I was a bigger fan of Ovi in the past. This weekend he kinda just seemed like a drunk moron. At least the other drunk guys were having some back and forth.

Also to your second point, I have been kicked out of a gig before. Our band was coerced by a friend to play at some charity event at a church, even though we were severely lacking in funds to begin with. Our first song was Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You by Spinal Tap with no edits to the lyrics. They pulled the plug on us after that one.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
I agree. I was a bigger fan of Ovi in the past. This weekend he kinda just seemed like a drunk moron. At least the other drunk guys were having some back and forth.

Also to your second point, I have been kicked out of a gig before. Our band was coerced by a friend to play at some charity event at a church, even though we were severely lacking in funds to begin with. Our first song was Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You by Spinal Tap with no edits to the lyrics. They pulled the plug on us after that one.

Yeah, I'm not sure what was up with OV, but it was definitely awkward.

Pop's got pissed at my old cover band about 6 years ago for playing Master of Puppets, as it's been overplayed, abused, etc. The bartender left her post to head-bang in front of us. :facepalm:

Edit: Oh, and a metal band with a scientist for a guitarist in a church...What could go wrong? :laugh:

Last edited:

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Yeah, I'm not sure what was up with OV, but it was definitely awkward.

Pop's got pissed at my old cover band about 6 years ago for playing Master of Puppets, as it's been overplayed, abused, etc. The bartender left her post to head-bang in front of us. :laugh:

should have went with St Anger full album, obviously

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas

Should have played Hellhole.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I applaud the disregard for authority, but of course would have preferred a few from Pantera. ;)

unpopular opinion but I don't really care for Pantera. Anselmo is insufferable and Dimebag's playing isn't interesting to make up for his horrible tone

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
unpopular opinion but I don't really care for Pantera. Anselmo is insufferable and Dimebag's playing isn't interesting to make up for his horrible tone

I saw Phil with Down a few years back and would agree that he can be pretty friggin' terrible. Dime's tone on the other hand, well, that's just opinion. The tone/authority in his hands alone were pretty powerful. Vibrato says a lot to me. I can listen to Eric Johnson or any other tone "guru" and get annoyed after awhile. Hence why I have too many amps. :laugh:

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I saw Phil with Down a few years back and would agree that he can be pretty friggin' terrible. Dime's tone on the other hand, well, that's just opinion. The tone/authority in his hands alone were pretty powerful. Vibrato says a lot to me. I can listen to Eric Johnson or any other tone "guru" and get annoyed after awhile. Hence why I have too many amps. :laugh:

When every other note is a squealy...also the only time I saw Down was when they opened for Metallica in like 2008. Wow was that brutal

so uh...how bout that all star game eh...I was rooting for uh Seabrook yeah and Craig Anderson. Go Blues

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
I see that the "All-Star everything topic" thread title has misled some of you into thinking this is some sort of super special OT thread.

I'll go ahead and edit that for clarity. :laugh:

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
KHL All Star game finished 18-16 today :laugh: I'll say 23 tonight.

At this rate I might fall asleep before any...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad