Rugby: All rugby discussion

member 305909

Everything about modern day rugby is about avoiding New Zealand before the final and Wales did just that by beating Australia.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Hansen is no way near as bad as Cheika. He's always pissing and moaning and making excuses. Then you have his constant massive flare ups.

But I will miss him when he's gone because he's good entertainment.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Is Namibia the worst team of the tournament? Today they were blown away by South-Africa.

Tomorrow there is a delicious match Australia-Wales. That'll most likely determine the winner of the pool.

I know Uruguay beat Fiji (which is an incredible shock), but they would be at the bottom of the list as well. The odds were something like 120-1 for Uruguay to win that game!

Last edited:

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Hansen is no way near as bad as Cheika. He's always pissing and moaning and making excuses. Then you have his constant massive flare ups.

But I will miss him when he's gone because he's good entertainment.

Hansen's team is substantially better and he's still able to come off as a crusty Salty old bugger, just imagine him coaching Australia?

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Hansen's team is substantially better and he's still able to come off as a crusty Salty old bugger, just imagine him coaching Australia?

He isn't coaching Australia, and he isn't anywhere near as bad as Cheika.

Anytime the All Blacks get dudded on a call in post match they try to bait him into talking about it, he always turns it back onto his players and his team's performance.

Look at this latest interview where he was savvy enough to tell everyone to be backing off the refs, because he's clever enough to figure it out instead of stomping around like a child.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
He isn't coaching Australia, and he isn't anywhere near as bad as Cheika.

Anytime the All Blacks get dudded on a call in post match they try to bait him into talking about it, he always turns it back onto his players and his team's performance.

Look at this latest interview where he was savvy enough to tell everyone to be backing off the refs, because he's clever enough to figure it out instead of stomping around like a child.

He and Cheika behave like spoilt children whenever they play each other, ones as bad as the other and Hansen has petulant moments even with the best team in the sport for the last decade

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
He and Cheika behave like spoilt children whenever they play each other, ones as bad as the other and Hansen has petulant moments even with the best team in the sport for the last decade

Hansen never displays anything close to the childish stuff Cheika does. Like at all.

Again, every time they try to bait him into ref conversation he moves past it. Cheika embraces it and moans constantly.

Hansen certainly plays his games coaching, like every top coach does. It's a far cry from constant temper tantrums in the box and regular complaints in the media.

The two aren't comparable in the slightest.

It's really no surprise the Wallabies have struggled so much when the man driving the ship is so quick to place blame elsewhere and can't control his emotions.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Well, not surprisingly, Canada got thumped. Always kind of sad not to see a score for the losing team.

At least Canada were trying to have a crack with the ball in hand. I'd rather see a team at least have a go rather than try to kill the game to drag the score down and get a penalty or drop goal so they can say yay at least we didn't get 0.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
At least Canada were trying to have a crack with the ball in hand. I'd rather see a team at least have a go rather than try to kill the game to drag the score down and get a penalty or drop goal so they can say yay at least we didn't get 0.

Yeah, it sounds like they could have got points on the board, but kept trying to score a try, which is commendable.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Big bounce back game for Fiji as they trounce Georgia. Just goes to show how big a result the Uruguay win was against Fiji. Being overshadowed by Japan beating Ireland, but both were massive upsets.

Ireland unconvincing against Russia.

member 305909

In order to get through Fiji should beat both Australia and Wales. Not going to happen.

I wonder do the Welsh prefer England or France in the QFs.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Wales have won 6 of their last 7 against France

I've still got PTSD from the bloody French, no matter how badly there playing going into a world cup they always seem to be able to pull one performance out of nowhere

If there on there scary, that a big if though

member 305909

Today a key-match in pool B South-Africa-Italy. That match will certainly decide which team accompanies New Zealand from pool B to the QFs.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Good game for the Springboks, Faf was good, Kolbe brilliant and the first line literally dismantled Italy's one (in the first 18 mins Ferrari and Riccioni went out injured!!!). Besides, Italy was still in the game at the 17-3 and five metres from the try with a penalty in favour when Quaglio and Lovotti thought they were a WWE tag team and with play stopped they went for a dangerous and reckless tackle on Vermeulen. If anything not only Lovotti but also Quaglio deserved a red card. From there, it was easy for the Bokke... 49-3.
Italy stood no chance from the beginning, I know better since it's been more than two years we disappear in the second half, but at least if we didn't play one man down the score could have been a bit less lopsided. We were incredibly unlucky to pick in our pool the two best teams in the world. Bokke are advancing though, as usual they'll be my team going forward.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Italy does seem to be heading in the right direction at club level with how Treviso and Zebre have been getting on in the Pro 14 the last few years compared to the days in the Heineken cup when any team could turn up against them for a guaranteed 5 points, but it's a bit worrying that they haven't really produced any "test match warrior" quality international standard players recently.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Polledri is one, captain material for sure. Ruzza is another good one but today he was not that good even if entered only later on.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Polledri is one, captain material for sure. Ruzza is another good one but today he was not that good even if entered only later on.

I've seen quite a bit of Polledri as a Gloucester fan but still not convinced, outside of Parisse obviously, I like Campagnaro but I don't really see anyone else from Italy as that high quality. Unlike even earlier in the 6 nations days when they had the likes of Castro, Bortolami, Troncon, Masi and the Bergamascos

member 305909

One world cup statistical triviality if you allow me: never in the world cup has the eventual winner lost a single match. After all, the tournament-format allows for one defeat.

Perhaps Australia, Ireland or South-Africa will change that statistic. Or the loser of the match between England and France.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad