All Purpose Trade / Roster Building Thread VI - We have goalies, but can they stay healthy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Is Makiniemi officially coming over? Just wondering since we have Lyon and Warm as well. Maybe Makiniemi goes to Florida or we have a taxi squad again with Lyon.

I guess we qualified Wells for the expansion draft and begged him not to accept the offer? :laugh:

Wells will go to Florida for a year and barring a breakout, not be qualified next year. He probably won't even be the starter in Florida.

No need to worry about him beyond that. I'll be surprised if he's in Chicago at all this season.

Reactions: A Star is Burns

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Wells will go to Florida for a year and barring a breakout, not be qualified next year. He probably won't even be the starter in Florida.

No need to worry about him beyond that. I'll be surprised if he's in Chicago at all this season.

Did we actually sign him? After trading for him it was really quiet. Never actually heard we’d officially qualified him but I assume we had to have.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I don’t think anything will happen with Korshkov. I wonder if Wells or Lajoie try to go to arbitration to get a one way deal. That is why we haven’t heard anything.

bobc222

Mar 10, 2017
My dad is a John G. That movie was weird for me in that regard. But is this John G in question Gibson or Gaudreau?
Hahaha Gaudreau, his value has likely declined, BUT he is the game breaking type, pure scoring winger we need as another threat on the ice.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Hahaha Gaudreau, his value has likely declined, BUT he is the game breaking type, pure scoring winger we need as another threat on the ice.
I hope we aren’t spending any futures on bringing in guys we have to resign or lose within a year. This team just won’t sign them.

Reactions: ndp

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Did we actually sign him? After trading for him it was really quiet. Never actually heard we’d officially qualified him but I assume we had to have.
Ball is now in Wells' court until August 6, when Qualifying Offers Expire Automatically (5:00 p.m. New York Time).

If he wants a NHL SPC for certain because that gets him tail in bars, he signs. But he can also try get himself an offersheet to an organization where the AHL goalie job is better open. No pick compensation to be paid below $1,356,540 AAV.

Reactions: Cardiac Jerks

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I don’t think anything will happen with Korshkov. I wonder if Wells or Lajoie try to go to arbitration to get a one way deal. That is why we haven’t heard anything.
By 5 p.m. today or soon after, we should hear.
Wells, zero games in NHL, zero chance for one way.

Lajoie, 56 games up in N in Ottawa Senators 2018-19 in his first ELC season that counts, 3 in AHL, not much since that season... there is an existing risk for one-way one.

Cleared waivers on Jan 11, 2021, so there's that speaking for two-way... but so did this guy Ned.

Last edited:

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
I'd rather trade our 2022 2nd and possibly the Ducks 6th for Tarasenko @ 50% retained (pending results of examination of his shoulder, if that is allowed) instead of overpaying for Eichel.

My reasoning is this still allows room to sign Svech at 7.5 a year, hopefully, after 2 years our young guns will be ready to take Tanks place, when compared to each other Tank has the better of the stats, especially when it comes to playoffs, (Eichel has no playoff experience) and the Canes won't be burdened with a 10 million a year contract for the next 5 years.

Then I would try to trade Gardiner, both of our 3rd's and Bokk to the Wings for their 4th, in a strictly cap dump trade.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Offersheet EP ....probably less assets than trade for Eichel.
Trade Tro ? for Foresberg...both contracts expire in one year.
Dump Gards

Foresberg Aho TT
Svech EP Necas
Old men

Obviously we'd never send a crazy offer sheet Van won't match with the way we negotiate with our boys.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
I don't know if I'd want Eichel for free. 10 million for a PPG guy with serious injury troubles for a bunch more years?

And Buffalo wants people to give them 1sts and good prospects.

I wonder what the 3 highest paid players to win a cup are. Vasilevsky and Kucherov were at 9.5, but that was shenanigans. I don't think a 10 million a year player has yet?

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
If our roster is set, on paper this looks like a bubble team to me. Hell adding Tartar doesn't really move the needle that much does it?

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
If our roster is set, on paper this looks like a bubble team to me. Hell adding Tartar doesn't really move the needle that much does it?

If DeAngelo plays up to his talent level, no, this is still a very good team. You need to pray that he stops being a head case, though, at least for a full year.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
It comes down to who in the Metro has gotten better?
Capital- less defensive depth, Young unproven goaltending, older stars
Pens- lost McCan with no replacement, Jarry still their #1, stars are getting old
Philly- shuffling deck chairs?
Islanders- best team in the metro
Rangers- do we know how they are supposed to be?
NJ- better but how much?
Columbus- oh no

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
I wonder how much of DeAngelo production is playing with Panarin and Zibs. I don't think he's thaaaat good at all.

Reactions: AD Skinner

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I wonder how much of DeAngelo production is playing with Panarin and Zibs. I don't think he's thaaaat good at all.

DeAngelo is really good offensively in his own right. We're talking about a guy that produces at both 5-on-5 and on the PP. No other non-Hamilton defenseman on the market has those traits, not even Tyson Barrie. As far as the PP goes, I mean, it's a double-edged sword. We have Aho/Teravainen/Svechnikov/Trocheck on our PP. He should be just as productive with those four, if not more so considering that our PP units are deeper than the Rangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad