All Purpose Trade / Roster Building Thread VI - We have goalies, but can they stay healthy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
Jenkins played nose tackle which back in the day it wouldn't be outrageous for players in that position to have a target weight of 330+ lbs. It takes an absolutely insane amount of calories to keep that weight on during the season even for guys that love to eat.

Peppers, I'm not too surprised about either considering the type of edge rusher he was, combined with his career longevity. His game was predicated more on speed than power so he had to keep the weight down.

Even Tom Brady credits a lot of his longevity to keeping a strict diet.

I'm very serious when I say I've never seen a human being eat as much as Jenkins. He tried to give me a $100 bill one day at lunch to sneak him half a hotel pan of meatloaf. That man could consume more pasta in one sitting than I could eat in a week. It was truly an eye opening experience to feed a professional football team two meals a day 5-7 days a week. We used to marinate a whole pallet of chicken breasts twice a week.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Jenkins played nose tackle which back in the day it wouldn't be outrageous for players in that position to have a target weight of 330+ lbs. It takes an absolutely insane amount of calories to keep that weight on during the season even for guys that love to eat.

Peppers, I'm not too surprised about either considering the type of edge rusher he was, combined with his career longevity. His game was predicated more on speed than power so he had to keep the weight down.

Even Tom Brady credits a lot of his longevity to keeping a strict diet.

Look up before and after playing days photos of Joe Thomas. What linemen put their bodies through to be able to play at that level is insane and truthfully not very healthy for long term life.

Reactions: DaveG

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I'm very serious when I say I've never seen a human being eat as much as Jenkins. He tried to give me a $100 bill one day at lunch to sneak him half a hotel pan of meatloaf. That man could consume more pasta in one sitting than I could eat in a week. It was truly an eye opening experience to feed a professional football team two meals a day 5-7 days a week. We used to marinate a whole pallet of chicken breasts twice a week.
lol that is so awesome. Jenkins was always such a character.

I worked in a few kitchens in high school and college which was interesting to say the least but I can't even imagine what it's like working in one for a NFL team.

Reactions: DaveG

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Look up before and after playing days photos of Joe Thomas. What linemen put their bodies through to be able to play at that level is insane and truthfully not very healthy for long term life.
Yeah a lot of guys who were required to be 300+ lbs in their career slim down after retiring. Jordan Gross is another guy who slimmed down considerably. I also know a guy who played defensive line at UNC and in the NFL briefly who is pretty skinny now compared to his playing days even though he's involved in the food and bev business.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
need a tatar signing to get a dopamine hit. hurry please.
A Tatar signing is the dopamine hit equivalent of an instagram model getting a few hundred likes on her (or his in the case of Martin Necas) latest post. The type of dopamine hit I'm after is like if a junkie got dropped off in a police department drug evidence room.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
you wouldn't be able to find it *that* way

It's probably in a jar of formaldehyde in some lab somewhere. Or whatever they do with the busted shit they take out of people.
As you have described it for research or they just deal with it as with every other biological waste in medicine. Sterilization and then landfill.

Reactions: Lempo and DaveG

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Phil just recognizes what a versatile comedic tool hot dogs are. And darn tasty too!
tenor.gif

tumblr_owl2moIQPv1vbcnq8o2_500.gifv

200w.gif

giphy.gif

source.gif

f2b5cb4fbf2dbb49a699b1b09f6a3580.gif

tenor.gif

200w.gif

1I3g.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad