All Purpose Trade / Roster Building Thread II - The Search for More Depth

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I’m fine with a different coach running the defense. We found a way to make good defenseman look scrambly under Rod from day one. The only coaching complaint I’ve really had. I’ve been giving Rod the benefit of doubt and quietly blaming this guy to myself. Let’s get a new guy and find out if it helps.

Last edited:

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
I listened to that as well today. I took things just a bit differently. They way I heard it was that Friedman was mentioning that other teams will want to talk to him, not the other way around. There’s the feeling that RBA either coaches in CAR or bust. Also there’s the general feeling that Hamilton is gone.

Regardless of what Friedman was saying, it’s getting a bit ridiculous on how management handles contract extensions:

-Aho offer-sheet
-Waddell, basically another offer-sheet
-Justin Williams last year

They have issues re-signing players and general managers is seems. I don’t know how much of it is Dundon or what, but it’s a concern for sure. I still don’t doubt RBA being re-signed, but it’s drawn on long enough, just get it done.

Thank goodness for the flat-cap, else there might be another offer sheet on the way for Svechnikov

Dundon made his bones in a subprime auto lending market...folks that work in that area/distressed debt tend to be hard asses, are very difficult negotiators and don't always value people (they are the smartest/toughest folks in the room).

Hopefully, he wakes up and realizes that people do matter in the hockey business.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
That's true. Rod would be the exception I think. The fanbase could turn on him very quickly if that situation soured. That's why I don't worry too much about it.
My view is he loves the attention and publicity, but knows that he 100% is going to keep RBA.

I agree with you. He recognizes the value so I don’t worry at all about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad