All Purpose Trade / Roster Building Thread II - The Search for More Depth

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I really hope we're passing on this whole Eric Staal thing. A) he's got that Buffalo stank on him now; B) It's like trying to recapture a past that wasn't all that amazing the first time around; C) he's got 10 points in 27 games; D) we don't need centers, we need a winger, so if you're going to acquire somebody, get somebody who is actually a wing and don't bother trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

Go get Zach Parise instead
I wanted to like the post so much....then the last sentence. You undid all the points in the first part.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
You sure? His last 4 seasons

[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

He's playing for the Ducks. Look at Reimer's stats before and after the trade here.

Now, Ulmark from the Sabres would be a cheap target. His numbers behind that tire fire are surprisingly good. Similar to what Lehner was putting up there. I'd gladly take a shot at him.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
He's playing for the Ducks. Look at Reimer's stats before and after the trade here.

Now, Ulmark from the Sabres would be a cheap target. His numbers behind that tire fire are surprisingly good. Similar to what Lehner was putting up there. I'd gladly take a shot at him.
His GSAA the last two seasons are -8. The fact that he is playing for the Ducks doesnt cover that he is below average this season and last for stopping the same average of shots.

Reactions: Stickpucker

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
We should be targeting Bernier. He has a .912 SV% on Detroit, and I doubt he'll be that expensive.

With Nedeljkovic playing this well and Reimer holding his own, we don't need to make any goalie move. Honestly, we're in the best possible scenario of not truly needing anything because our depth pieces are playing so well. For that reason, they can sit and see if the prices go down enough by the end of deadline day to wheel and deal at the end.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
He will probably be attractive to some team after this season because he has a high cap number and a low actual salary. Just flip him at the expansion draft.

But maybe not. I won't pretend to have thunken this thing through a ton

The Melnyk special? Probably needs a few more years of term to pass by before that deal comes to fruition.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
But maybe not. I won't pretend to have thunken this thing through a ton

I know you don't qualify as a fighter pilot if you have glasses, but now I'm also assuming they don't allow you to have a lisp if you wish to be a thubmarine offither. Or any naval perthon to think it over.

"I'll have none of your mockery! I command the thip!"

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
We do if we want to get past the first round. Very likely we could be playing Florida in round one.

I still think Dallas is going to end up being the 4th seed. They are the only other team in the Central with a positive goal differential, which is almost always the sign of a playoff team if you look at standings in past years. Yes, they are 8 down with 5 games in hand, but that team, IMO is too good to stay that low in the standings.

If that happens, I'm not sure playing a Dallas team that has gone on a hot streak to get the 4th seed is a team I'd want to face any less than facing Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad