Tennis: All Purpose Tennis Thread XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Yeah, just one of those bad days at the office for Shapo. I wouldn't even bother to look at the tapes if I were him. Just turn the page and maybe take a week off.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Now I understand why Shapa lost to Simon. Stunning demonstration of what kind of head Sinner has on his shoulders.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Nishioka and Felix traded service breaks for the first four games and the match looked close for awhile thanks to Nishioka's service returns and passing shots, but Felix played typically aggressive tennis from the backcourt and it eventually wore Nishioka down. Felix played some stunning points along the way.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Now I understand why Shapa lost to Simon. Stunning demonstration of what kind of head Sinner has on his shoulders.
Simon has probably played more 30+ stroke points than anyone in tennis history. After the first set, I thought Sinner would be the best in the world in about a week. Then he got bagled in about 30 minutes. Then what a comeback from love-two in the third. Hope we get to see a Felix/Sinner final but that seems pretty unlikely.

Last edited:

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Humbert wins the title in Antwerp over de Minaur in straight sets 1 and 6. An interesting dissection of Alex's game. His insane speed gets him to a lot of shots, but his strokes, especially his backhand, break down under consistent pressure. Humbert, executing his game plan well and just simply stronger, was clearly the better player today.

Last edited:

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I like Schwarzman over Zverev in this because of the slow bounce off the court.

Could not have been more wrong if I tried. Zverev played powerful, often brillliant tenns, Diego never came close to finding a rhythm and looked dejected most of the way, and the slow court only made Diego's perennially weak service game more vulnerable. The end result was a 2 and 1 blow out. One of Sascha's most impressive performances.

Last edited:

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
With France hitting ridiculous case highs right now, is there any talk of impact on the Paris Masters? Given they went forward with the French Open while cases were increasing, I'm assuming they won't cancel this, but, curious if it's even raising a dialogue about it.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Another desultory showing from Felix, though, 5 and 5. He served to get to the breaker both time, and wasn't up to the task in either case.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Skinner with another nice win, this time over Ruud, 6 and 3. How can this kid not be #1 in two years or so? He still has the body of a boy; he hasn't even filled out yet.

Reactions: Tuggy

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Djokovic and Shapovalov just a couple of names that are skipping Paris.

Pospisil will face Medvedev today.

Sinner/Rublev should be a good one too.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
I saw video of Bianca practicing on a twitter account yesterday. Hoping she can bounce back.

Reactions: Tuggy

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Vasek takes the first set off Medvedev.

Medvedev takes the next two sets.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad