Tennis: All Purpose Tennis Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Blowing a two break lead ain't good but it looks like he is thinking about it.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
By the looks at it either a) Tiafoe has nothing left or b) he is saving what little energy he has left for the decider.

He always looks like that. I don't understand. When he played Anderson in Australia it looked like he would keel over after the first few points.

Reactions: kihei

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Break! Bad luck for Tiafoe but Denis was up 15-40. The stop-volleys are a thing of beauty.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
4-2 Denis. He has much better energy and body language right now.

5-2 as Tiafoe unravels.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Fed over Anderson 6-love, 6-4. That was like watching Ichabod Crane play Fred Astaire.

Reactions: MsMeow

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Felix and Isner up first tomorrow at 1 EST.

Denis and Federer first up in the evening session. 7 EST.

Two Canadian teenagers playing in separate SF's at a MS1000 event. Crazy.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Dammit, I am going up north tomorrow and will be in the car while Felix's match is on. I'll have to pull over a few times to check the scores. At least I can watch Denis at night.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Fed over Anderson 6-love, 6-4. That was like watching Ichabod Crane play Fred Astaire.

I didn't think you could top the comment about Coric's mind being turned to applesauce against Felix yesterday but you've done it!

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I really hope so. I am leaning towards neither winning but am really hoping to be wrong.

They both have big challenges ahead of them today, and it shouldn't changed the narrative that these two guys are for real and will be competitive threats in any tournament they're in if they lose. They also have a decent shot today. It's not a fluke they are here. They've earned their shot.

Interestingly, Shapovalov is now 20th in the live rankings. But, there's still a scenario that Felix overtakes him (Shapo loses to Roger, Felix wins tournament).

Not the likeliest of scenarios, but would be funny for Felix to steal his thunder like that if it happened.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Apparently the first time two teenagers have made a Masters SF at the same time since 2007. Djokovic and Murray.

Good company ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad