Tennis: All Purpose Tennis Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I like Federer a ton today. I kind of like Felix, too, a little bit, anyway. I think his quickness, his compact strokes and his ability to find open court could present problems for the slower-to-react Isner. Have to pinch myself, though. We're talking about the semis at Miami--it does seem more than a little unreal at the moment.

Reactions: Tuggy

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Lol @ Isner's scores this tournament.

Every set a tiebreak except a 7-5.

Felix gets 3 break points at 2-2 but Isner saves every one with aces.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Wow at love? That's crazy to do that versus a guy like Isner.

Go Felix! I really can't wait for the Rogers Cup this year, really hope I get to see either FAA or Shapo!

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Isner already has that look like, "what the hell do I do with this guy?"

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Oh, yeah, right, he's eighteen, I forgot. Brush yourself off, Felix, and get back on the horse, 5-all.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
What is with the ocean of empty seats at virtually every match in the main stadiums this week? Cheap seats look pretty full, but the expensive ones are weirdly vacant.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Losing that set stings.

Good news is that Felix was able to handle Isner's serve at times. Just needs to get his own under control.

Reactions: kihei

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Well, there's the difference between experience and inexperience in a nutshell. Kudos to Isner for taking advantage of a gift break and rescuing the set for himself.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
The thing about being "in the zone" is it doesn't usually leave gradually--it leaves with a thud. Felix can get back in it, but it's not the easiest thing in the world to return to.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
The thing about Isner these days, though he has improved with age, he can punch himself out on serve. On serve, he's significantly less of a handful in the third set than he is in the first--not always speed diminishes, sometimes it's placement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad