Tennis: All Purpose Tennis Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Though Medvedev plays very well, Roger sails through the first set 6-4. He doesn't think Daniil has anything that can hurt him, so in rallies Roger hugs the baseline. Works so far.

6-2 as Medvedev can't keep up. Whether Roger needs a shower after this one is debatable.

Last edited:

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
That was a classic demonstration of the many ways--half volleys from anywhere; crowding the baseline; increasing the pace; manipulating spin and angle; volleying unexpectedly--that Roger cuts down his opponent's reaction time better than any player in tennis history.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Felix dictating play, but he's made a handful of errors. He's 18, so that's to be expected. Can't imagine what he's going to look like in a year or two.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Felix takes the breaker.

Entertaining first set.

I think the thing I've seen evolve the most over the last year with Felix is his mental game.

Reactions: kihei

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Borna feeling the pressure, not the other way around, 7-6 FAA. Felix won with a wonky backhand and some questionable tactical decisions. But it just seems yet another example of his newfound ability to beat highly ranked players while having an off(-ish) night.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Felix has now destroyed Coric's confidence. A double break and a 3-0 in the second.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Looks like the full range of Felix's mental and physical skills is starting to come together, and my gawd it's scary how good he is. FAA may be the least well-known of the three Canadian teenagers right now, but that's about to change - very soon.

Reactions: Evil Speaker

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Felix wins! And Denis plays not before 3 pm tomorrow, thank God, let's hope it doesn't rain because I am not a fan of these super late matches!

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Every player ranked above Coric will eventually look at the tape of this match, and none of them are going to be happy.

Reactions: Evil Speaker

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Felix takes the breaker.

Entertaining first set.

I think the thing I've seen evolve the most over the last year with Felix is his mental game.
I agree, but that doesn't explain this rapid acceleration in his growth on court. He has been dazzling. He seems to be going from unprepossessing to charismatic in record time.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Felix moves up to #33 in the world. If he beats Isner, he'll break into the top 25.

Reactions: Tuggy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad