OT: All Purpose Tavares Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pursuit81

Apr 12, 2018
There are only two ways to effectively send JT a message that actually means something if that is what the Isles and Isles fans want to accomplish on 02/28. 1) Win the game. 2) Show him the kind of class that so many of you accuse him of not having.

If we lose on the ice then nothing that the fans do will matter. As for all of the childish protests being proposed, doing them will just show him that he was right to leave in the first place.

Does that mean we have to cheer wildly for him, or at all, of course not, just win and show some class.

Last edited:

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
There are only two ways to effectively send JT a message that actually means something if that is what the Isles and Isles fans want to accomplish on 02/28. 1) Win the game. 2) Show him the kind of class that so many of you accuse him of not having.

If we lose on the ice then nothing that the fans do will matter. As for all of the childish protests being proposed, doing them will just show him that he was right to leave in the first place.

Does that mean we have to cheer wildly for him, or at all, of course not, just win and show some class.

He did not show any class with the way he left. Actually, he didn't request a trade because he didn't want the team he was going to, to give up assets in return which would not fully maximize his chance at a Cup.

I do not blame him for leaving, but don't sit there and tell me he didn't know in f***ing February he was testing the market. Vanek had the courtesy to tell us he was testing the market.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
If you play word jumble you can spell ( SAVE RAT ) from the word Tavates. Silly right

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
He did not show any class with the way he left. Actually, he didn't request a trade because he didn't want the team he was going to, to give up assets in return which would not fully maximize his chance at a Cup.

I do not blame him for leaving, but don't sit there and tell me he didn't know in ****ing February he was testing the market. Vanek had the courtesy to tell us he was testing the market.

If he knew he was going to test the market in February (I agree with you that he did), then he couldn't possibly have not wanted to be trading because his new team would lose assets...that would mean he's re-signing with the team he was traded to and wouldn't make sense with him testing the market. If we're going to analyze everything little aspect or statement (which is why people got their hopes up in the first place) we're going to miss the big picture. Any reasons we apply to Tavares is all speculation since he's the only person who knows. I think it's probably because he didn't want to have to pack all his stuff up and play for another team for a few months only to leave and because while he was testing the market he was genuinely open to returning...but things changed (I honestly think that firing Snow/Weight is a big reason why).

pursuit81

Apr 12, 2018

I do not blame him for leaving, but don't sit there and tell me he didn't know in ****ing February he was testing the market. Vanek had the courtesy to tell us he was testing the market.
I didn't tell you that. I don't know what Tavares knew and neither do you. But in case you didn't realize it, this is the f**king NHL. Big boy hockey with big boy rules and one of those rules is that management is responsible for making the tough decisions. JT didn't sign an extension last year and he didn't sign one before Feb 28. Did Isles mgmnt need a god damn road map? This whole thing is 100% on them regardless of what JT knew or when he knew it. My fellow Isles fans spouting this nonsense need to grow the hell up. Besides, now that they "know his true character" as so many of amateur psychologist fans have now surmised, they should be glad he's gone and shut the hell up about it. In fact, they should be relieved.

Reactions: TMLuniverse

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here

Winning one game means nothing. It will be more meaningful to look at the standings as of that date. In terms of class, Pajama Boy displayed none in how he handled the situation. Therefore, I am not concerned about showing any towards him.

Reactions: original islander

pursuit81

Apr 12, 2018
Winning one game means nothing. It will be more meaningful to look at the standings as of that date. In terms of class, Pajama Boy displayed none in how he handled the situation. Therefore, I am not concerned about showing any towards him.
"Pajama Boy" has no class in your estimation, right? So, now that he has done us the favor of revealing his lack of class, why are you and those who think like you so upset that he is gone? I would think you would be glad. Can you clear that up for me?

MYIslanders

Oct 4, 2014
we’re upset because we thought he had class and we trusted him. Trusting your spouse and finding out they are a cheating whooore might make you glad that they left, but it doesn’t mean you won’t be pissed at them.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008

Pretty much sums up our reactions on here since the article came out. The letter cemented how tone deaf he is, and probably has been for at least the last calendar year. Everything from July 1st 2017 onward feels icky. Maybe he decided it long before that, but he was under a microscope from that point onward and came off like an awkwardly scripted robot. My code tells me I should say I love the Islanders and want to win here, but I'm emotionless and know how the script ends already.

I honestly don't think some of the guys on the team like Barzal give a f*** about him. Nor do I. Barzy's been there for 1 year with this shit looming in every interview while he outplays him most nights. Next few years will probably suck, but I keep checking hockey news and then remind myself that we got some real f***ing people leading this ship for once. It's actually kind of exciting, and while it stings losing a play like Tavares, I kind of like the slate being clean with much better people leading the way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Quicklime and SI

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
My daily f*** ‘em post. Been two weeks you POS!

Edit: So my wife is from Mississauga. We are visiting her family in August. During past visits I checked out the Athlete Training Centre, you know, bc I loved Jf***. Well now, I’m gonna hunt that f***er at his pool side. Seriously, I call it an excursion.

Last edited:

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
I didn't tell you that. I don't know what Tavares knew and neither do you. But in case you didn't realize it, this is the f**king NHL. Big boy hockey with big boy rules and one of those rules is that management is responsible for making the tough decisions. JT didn't sign an extension last year and he didn't sign one before Feb 28. Did Isles mgmnt need a god damn road map? This whole thing is 100% on them regardless of what JT knew or when he knew it. My fellow Isles fans spouting this nonsense need to grow the hell up. Besides, now that they "know his true character" as so many of amateur psychologist fans have now surmised, they should be glad he's gone and shut the hell up about it. In fact, they should be relieved.
Except he asked them not to trade him. I don't blame him for leaving. It is the way he left and lead us on so he didn't get traded is where all the anger comes from. It is rightly deserved. He didn't just leave. He hurt the club on the way out the door. You can try to shame people into forgiving this gutless puke but it won't work. He showed all of us who he really was. He is a self absorbed Judas.

And why is a Tampa fan in here lecturing us on Tavares? Nothing better to do?

Last edited:

GarfSnowed

May 1, 2011
Huh, according to Staple on the PDO podcast, he said whether tavares asked not to be traded or not, Mallon ultimately decided that he wouldn't be traded regardless.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
I wonder if Marner is a fit. We all know that he needs some very specific kinds of linemates. Fast is not a good match. He's not a traditional playmaking/zone-entering C, so he needs a winger who does that. And he needs guys who can play along the boards and cycle and keep play in the areas where he's effective.
No doubt Babcock will try Marner on his wing. Personally a fast winger that can gain the zone like Marner appears to me would work for pajama boy and having a grinder like Hyman to work the boards seems like a good match so doing my rain dance here in Florida it does not gel. It has worked before, I did it just before this years draft which produced 3 studs and hopefully more....So you all can give me credit that Lou and company made the right picks...

MartyC

Jul 15, 2013
There is also the possibility that Brisson and Tavares played coy and it "PR backfired" on them.
If our Shit management did what they were supposed to do and trade him when he wouldn't sign, then they could present that "it never crossed our mind to go home" But "them trading me against my wishes just brought to light that this is a business "......Blah blah blah.
The shit show the interview process, the statement, the pajama shot, all indicators of a group that thought they could just "aw shucks it" back home to Toronto and crashed AH's image and then sh*t all over themselves.
Sh*t all over us too.

pursuit81

Apr 12, 2018
Except he asked them not to trade him. I don't blame him for leaving. It is the way he left and lead us on so he didn't get traded is where all the anger comes from. It is rightly deserved. He didn't just leave. He hurt the club on the way out the door. You can try to shame people into forgiving this gutless puke but it won't work. He showed all of us who he really was. He is a self absorbed Judas.

And why is a Tampa fan in here lecturing us on Tavares? Nothing better to do?
We don't know for certain what the conversations were between the team and JT and everyone should stop posting as though they were in the room because in the end none of us know and it was still managements job to draw the line and set the parameters. They failed to do so.

But again, aren't you glad that the "self-absorbed Judas" is gone and aren't you happy that he 'revealed his true self' before the Isles plunked down 80 million bucks on such a worthless POS?

To your second point, I'm an Isles fan first, last and always. I know it's a hard concept for the fringe wackos to get their heads around, but I live in Tampa area now and when they aren't playing the Isles, I like to see the Lightning do well. A well run, first class organization that plays good hockey is something to be admired. I hope the Isles will become that again very soon.

Last edited:

pursuit81

Apr 12, 2018
My daily **** ‘em post. Been two weeks you POS!

Edit: So my wife is from Mississauga. We are visiting her family in August. During past visits I checked out the Athlete Training Centre, you know, bc I loved J****. Well now, I’m gonna hunt that ****er at his pool side. Seriously, I call it an excursion.
I'm sure written for venting purposes only, but still borderline psychotic.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
"Pajama Boy" has no class in your estimation, right? So, now that he has done us the favor of revealing his lack of class, why are you and those who think like you so upset that he is gone? I would think you would be glad. Can you clear that up for me?
If you're happy with how everything went down, then stay out of this thread so that the real fans can continue to vent, without your emotionless philosophical arguments, that hold no validity for this situation, getting in the way. Go to the TOR board to post this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad