OT: All Purpose Tavares Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
We've decided we do not need five or six threads dedicated to a former player. We'll be closing all of the other threads up and this one will be left open for anyone who still feels the need to post about him in relation to his leaving the team. This thread will likely be closed in the near future as well, since it is time to move on and we don't need to drag it out on the forums anymore than necessary.

When his return date with the Maple Leafs gets closer we can have a separate discussion about that if an attempt to plan a uniform response is made.

Carry on, if you must.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
He came off as really fragile in his letter to the fans.

Glad that Barzal seems to be the opposite.

Reactions: Quicklime

Cameraguy

Jun 29, 2009
There’s no way he’s goin to play on Feb 28th, it’s best he calls in sick.

He will fake an injury 2 games before, a lower body injury.

benedictTavares

JT's PJ's'
Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale
How many posts from now till that leafs game in NY. How many leafs fans have this thread stickied.

giphy.webp

Bring it on!

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Stating the obvious but from a NYI fan perspective it would be fun seeing the guy whom I will not name squirm from the questions if he starts the year ice cold like past seasons. The pressure will boil soon enough. When he forces plays we all know what happens. Good luck pajama boy....

However, if he gets 4 points in the 1st game with Marner on his flank...............eeeesh...

should be a fun season

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Stating the obvious but from a NYI fan perspective it would be fun seeing the guy whom I will not name squirm from the questions if he starts the year ice cold like past seasons. The pressure will boil soon enough. When he forces plays we all know what happens. Good luck pajama boy....

However, if he gets 4 points in the 1st game with Marner on his flank...............eeeesh...

should be a fun season
I wonder if Marner is a fit. We all know that he needs some very specific kinds of linemates. Fast is not a good match. He's not a traditional playmaking/zone-entering C, so he needs a winger who does that. And he needs guys who can play along the boards and cycle and keep play in the areas where he's effective.

Dipietro39

Jul 15, 2005
In addition to throwing his jersey in the ice during warm ups, chanting FU JT and booing during video, I will be handing out oak tags with the following quotes. Oak tags will be put up against glass during warmups.

“I don’t really have any reason to leave and I think we have a great makeup and a team that can do something special this year,” Tavares told Newsday yesterday. “I’ve always expressed my love for playing for Long Island. It’s where I started; it’s all I know in the NHL. The opportunity they’ve given me, I would love to see it all the way through and win a Stanley Cup.
“It’s rare to see players stay in one place their whole career. There’s obviously still a lot of time, but Long Island is where I enjoy playing, I love being the captain there and they’ve treated me so well. The people, the fans have always been so good to me.”

And

Asked what his priority is in making a decision, Tavares said: “I want to stay on Long Island... I haven’t thought about being anywhere except with the Islanders.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
In addition to throwing his jersey in the ice during warm ups, chanting FU JT and booing during video, I will be handing out oak tags with the following quotes. Oak tags will be put up against glass during warmups.

“I don’t really have any reason to leave and I think we have a great makeup and a team that can do something special this year,” Tavares told Newsday yesterday. “I’ve always expressed my love for playing for Long Island. It’s where I started; it’s all I know in the NHL. The opportunity they’ve given me, I would love to see it all the way through and win a Stanley Cup.
“It’s rare to see players stay in one place their whole career. There’s obviously still a lot of time, but Long Island is where I enjoy playing, I love being the captain there and they’ve treated me so well. The people, the fans have always been so good to me.”

And

Asked what his priority is in making a decision, Tavares said: “I want to stay on Long Island... I haven’t thought about being anywhere except with the Islanders.
Yes - that quote will really translate to being put on oak tag. :huh:

You'll have better luck with a sign that says "YOU SUCK!"

Reactions: STLomacneko

denis5

Mar 13, 2007
Hoping the Leafs do poorly, their fanbase will be even more insufferable if they do well. Tavares sucking would be a nice bonus. The best part is they wont turn on him (he's an Ontario boy), if they do poorly they'll turn on Matthews who will bolt.
Maybe, but if has his typical annual 4-6 week cold period where he turns into a black hole on the ice, it might not go so well for him either. The media up there is brutal, so everyone will notice.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
I honestly think Tavares won’t get much backlash if he has cold stretches. He’s no longer in a situation where he’s the top dog on a team. Matthews is there and is almost, if not, just as good, and guys like Mariner and Nylander will be expected to pull their own weight as well. Obviously Tavares and Matthews are going to be their top two guys, but having just one other player to legitimately take the pressure off makes a difference.

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
time to move the $%#! on. no more tavares threads. not an islander, and never will be ever again.

original islander

Oct 12, 2011
Just an observation, the mods have made it very easy for everyone by creating a single thread. If you want to discuss it, vent or whatever you have a forum to do it. If you want to move on, you don't have to read it.

Islanderfan17

Aug 24, 2010
I gotta say, as much as he broke my heart, I'm ready to move on. A new day is ahead of us, with an uncertain but seemingly bright future for this team now that it's in the right hands. It's weird, it feels like we've hit the reset button again, but I have a lot more faith this time around than I did in 2007 when I first started really watching. We will be fine with time, just sit back and enjoy this season for what it is. If we are competitive and challenge for a playoff spot, awesome, if not? Well, it seems like we'll at least have a team that's fun to cheer for.

Reactions: bigtim1988

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009

And

Idk what an oak tag is but bringing in posters to line against the glass all the way around during warmups with his quotes would be incredible.

Reactions: bigtim1988
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad